Light Bleaching

Far East Buds

So I run a T5,2x4 that draws like 480W. I had been running it at half power for the summer to avoid the heat. I recently turned it back on full power and recall I use to get bleaching of the leaves.... I was wondering how this effects the plants. It is in Veg as in flower I get a little different effect from bleaching but it doesn't seem to happen in flower with the LED's... The leaves in veg almost get mosaic like. I will try to post a pic tonight. Is that leaf texture/appearance just cosmetic? I see people run plants almost touching the bulbs.. I have a almost 2 foot distance... You can see the grow in my sig of my perpetual. I will try to get a pic up on this thread tonight...

:peace:

FE

Hey FarEastBuds. It's been too long friend! I had a quick look at your journal and couldn't find any pictures of what you're describing so I'm not sure about your question at the moment. I'd love to see a picture of it though, just in case I might have some insight on the subject.

I'm curious about your t5 though. Is it an eight bar? or are the bulbs 120w each? It was my understanding that t5 bulbs only go up to 60w, and that is with the high output version.

Hey FarEastBuds. It's been too long friend! I had a quick look at your journal and couldn't find any pictures of what you're describing so I'm not sure about your question at the moment. I'd love to see a picture of it though, just in case I might have some insight on the subject.

I'm curious about your t5 though. Is it an eight bar? or are the bulbs 120w each? It was my understanding that t5 bulbs only go up to 60w, and that is with the high output version.

Sorry I was super busy for a couple days there so i couldnt post... Here we go....

IMGP18501.JPG
IMGP1855.JPG

Now I recall earlier this year when I switched to the new light... I ran it half power all summer so it stopped and If I recall I had a time with the cyanobacteria. This time I don't seem to have the bacteria but I did find gnat Larvae in the rez... ;/

So I azatroled it and I will swap it out in a day or so.. I want that stuff to clear the lines too... I 'll flush it all through the lines too...

I think it is just the increase in needed feed and the fact the rez was off balance from the gnats... f in things

Anyway...

Thanks for chiming in and if I notice something different I'll post it....

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom