Need help - I am a 1st time grower and having trouble

rosc020

hello fellow growers i am as first time grower and have a problem with my plant she is 4 weeks old and the 2 first leaves went yellow/rusty and dying off look so pulled them off and now the 2 above it has went rusty look and curling in on itself and looks really bad and i cant seem to find the problem any advice would be very much appreciated thankyou in advance
14434915_194574854286586_1359599928247761692_o.jpg
14543828_196466950764043_4122893053978275148_o.jpg
14524547_196467047430700_9181858997962195680_o.jpg

I've got that same bottle of spider mite killer have you used any yet? Just so we can eliminate it. Have you added any nutrients yet?

If it's 4 weeks old without any nutrients used it's most likely nitrogen deficiency. Grab yourself some plant food which is mainly nitrogen (have a read on the back of the pack they usually have a table and figures like this - n-p-K (nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium) you want one which has a high amount of nitrogen which would appear lime this 6-2-2 (more nitro than phosphorus and potassium.) Don't go full strength use half as much as it states on the packet. If you got that spider mite spray from where I think you did (poundworld) they will have plant food in there. If you need to compare it to anything ,you know get advise from shopkeeper just say your growing tomatoes. Fish bone and meal is a good one.

hey thanks you for the reply and yeah i have used the spider mite and i have the hydro coco grow neutrons just now out poundland lol but a few other people i know have used it before and it worked to a tee you cant grumble for the grow / bloom/ pk boost and spider mite spry for £4 lol and i am using strawberry soil i have now trimed the leaf down but it looks lik it may be spreading

I've got thrips at the moment so I'm using the same spray to treat them. Have you started using any of the grow yet? To me it looks like nitrogen deficiency which usually starts at the bottom and will make its way upwards , old growth won't get changed. It all the new leaves that grow won't have the same problem. The first two leaves I wouldn't worry about they will just die off naturally, the second set aren't fully formed (5 tips) and the same will happen eventually they will just die naturally. Keep an eye on your new growth which should be a nice green. Don't use the recommend dose on the grow nutrients, use about half that way you can check that it's enough too little is better than too much. How about your lights what set up are you running?

my friend had them as well and that was the spray he used and it took care of them.i have been using the grow for 3 weeks now and the bottle said 2ml-2.5ml but i was using 1.5ml then put it up to 2ml when the leaves started to go like that and it has started to make its way up the plant a wee bit it is overtaking the tips and curling in and the bottom ones have went a browny yellow color and a bit crispy and the stem is white my friend has been using the bloom in the veg stage and his are looking really good would you recommend changing it to the bloom and see how it goes ? and i am using house hold light fixings with 2 670 lumens and 2 meant to be 900 lumens bulbs
14700943_198564417220963_3487274789415875143_o_1_.jpg

Cool, it may be worth trying to get your plant a little closer to the lights, usi g the cfl bulbs is fine (energy saving ) but those traditional light bulbs with a heated filament can be really dangerous, I'd look to replace them asap. Don't K of if you have one near you but Wilkinson's is great for cfl light bulbs, they go up to 30watt for 2-3 quid. Usually a plant needs 125w of light so add up the watts displayed on those two cfl energy saving bulbs you have and then go from there. Makes a massive difference she will still grow but it will be slow . Chuck a little bit of bloom in there just so the soil gets some phospurus and potassium in it , I've never used soil intended for strawberries. What kind of water are you using? Tap water round here is shite so I have to buy from Tesco's own brand bottled water. But yeah dash a bit of bloom in but only a bit , maybe wait until the next time you feed until you add it in just so it doesn't get overwatered.

brilliant mate thankyou for the help i just bought new bulbs today they are 1120 lumens 100w but it is the heated film ones and the heat in my room is up to 80 fern height so will have to go and get new ones again so you say the cfl bulbs are best to use and i will go a jump into wilcos tomorrow and grab myself 4 and i have made up a new mix with 1ml of grow i will ad .5ml of bloom and see how she grows thankyou for the help

Nice one bud. Yeah halogen bulbs (old school ones with a wire filament) get too hot and are dangerous. I can grab a cfl light bulb in my hand for like ten seconds before getting burnt. Try and get the highest watts and you'll be gravy you can keep them within 2-3 inches of the tops of your plants as long as you have a fan making a breeze somewhere

I'm stuck too. Can you tell me if I have a female or trash. I didn't really try, just put a seed in pot, ( just as a joke really) and let it grow. Don't do anything but water it. Can you tell me what I've got. Please csijunki@gmail.com me and I'll send a pic

yeah ano that now mate i went out last night and asked the partner to watch the lights make sure it didnt get to hot or the plant grows to fast and touches it and i came in to the room up at 90f and the plant touching it nearly and i left at 2 yesterday and just came back in there and it has sizzled 2 tips on the (5 note leaf ) i could go mad she was just starting to look half decent again no more nights out for me lol and i have seen 100w or it was 110w ones in asda but they where only 800 or 900 lumens dose that matter?

Sorry for the late reply , honestly I usually go by the wattage not so much lumens. With those bulbs they will be pretty close so you can get the moonlight our of them. If you plants growing upwards pretty fast try taking one of the fan leaves at the top and gently bend the whole plant down and tape the leaf to the pot. So instead if it being straight up it's bent over , this will help spread the light around a bit as well! Gets more bud sites going

I'm stuck too. Can you tell me if I have a female or trash. I didn't really try, just put a seed in pot, ( just as a joke really) and let it grow. Don't do anything but water it. Can you tell me what I've got. Please csijunki@gmail.com me and I'll send a pic
If you have a female you will start seeing white hairs coming off of the main stalks. If you see little balls/banana shapes instead you got a male.

brilliant mate i havent got round to getting them yet i have now got another 2 plants in with her one at 3 weeks old from seed think it was a haze and a week old greenhouse cheese from the seed they all seem to be growing pretty healthy now the big one i was asking about is now 1 and a half foot and starting to look like a bushy tree lol looks lovely and green i am planing on putting her into flower at the end of next week and see how she goes thankyou for your help you actually help out alot and gave me a bit more of a understanding on the subject

hey mate yeah smooth sailing all the way now she is sitting just under 3 foot now and looking lovely and green and starting to get smelly i am going to put her in flower in the next few days and see how she goes

just a quick update forgot to take pictures and tell yous about the grow it all wet well in the end nice smoke and alot of thc but i wouldnt recomend growing with household lights as it takes far too long and not a good yield i ended up with 7 plants and only got 2 and a half oz in total and went on to get a 400w hps and have been pulling off in between 3-5oz a plant so i would recommend decent nutrients and proper lighting it might be a wee bit pricy but the end product is well worth it. Stay medicated my fellow stoners

Back
Top Bottom