Help me - I think have roots problems or not?

ChronicCPT

hi please could anyone please help with problem i am having i think it related to the roots but im not sure im about 4weeks into veg from clones and my growth has stoped my plants are stilll green but im not sure whats going on as never encouter this before my idea is i did add LECA pellets Aka expanded clay to soil but i never mixed it with soil i put layer at the botton of pot and then fulled the pot up with soil the only thing i can think is this have some cuased me big problems are my plants started grow and roots system started to full pot up.
I have just removed to LECA and added soil like always have in the past for many years of success no clue why i did this time around... here are some pic any HELP WOULD BE GREAT as what u think my problems is

IMG_282814.JPG
IMG_282715.JPG
IMG_282613.JPG
IMG_282515.JPG
IMG_282412.JPG
IMG_282313.JPG
IMG_282215.JPG
IMG_282116.JPG
IMG_282015.JPG
IMG_281915.JPG

It can be a couple things. First it looks like cal-mag deficiency. The reason i say cal-mag is because of the leaf damage. That can cause tacoing. Also, make sure your humidity is 45 to 50 and raise the light some, could be heat. All 3 of these at the same time maybe. Hit it with a good flush of 6.0 ph water with a double dose of cal-mag. You can also use 2 table spoons of epsom salt to get the mag in there. It is mostly a mag issue.

thanks for ur info i have cal-mag in salt crystal form and epson salts aswell should add them both normal water and pH it 6.0 and feed them that or should i just give them cal-mag and maybe mist them epson salts just bofore lights out. i have a had humidity issue and heat issue before but i fixed the heat problem about a week ago my humidity is about 40% Rh lights ON.

Whoa, with that kind amaount of watts and hps you must have proper air circulation for normal temps . What do you use ?

I bet Cultivator would can tell more abaout growing with shitload of watts :p

Give them 10ml of cal mag then next feeding 5ml cal mag and 1 tablespoon of epson salt then on the 3rd feeding go back to 10ml cal mag. That is ml/gallon and 1 Tsp per plant. I am not sold that you have too much light, when i was running hps, i had 1000w over a 4x4 scrog with no issues. Check the heat at the leaf, hold your hand, palm down, under the light and feel how hot it is on the back of your hand. It should be warm, not hot. Make sure you have good air flow through the canopy also.

Hi

firstly im not a soil grower, its not my speciality so how i would treat this issue might not be the way to go.

however it does look like theres some heat stress there along with calmag issue. i highly doubt the clay pebbles has anything to do with this unless they werent rinsed properly and are poor quality.

what is your rh with lights off? the rh at 40 is on the low side for veg but not a deal breaker, although with high temps it would be. so that leads me to the next question, what are your day and night temps? i need both to see 1 if its too hot and 2 if there is a big swing between night and day.

how close are the lights to the plants? are the in open hoods or cool tubes?

i doubt too much light is the issue, i start seedlings under 600w hps sometimes with no probs.

i will stick to helping you with environmental issues because although i have knowledge on soil growing, im not the best person to advise on feeds there.

It looks like your plants are hot. There being exposed to too much heat. What are the temps in there. Also is there any exhaust. (Fans) to help w/ fresh air exchange.

Live , love grow.

Hi

firstly im not a soil grower, its not my speciality so how i would treat this issue might not be the way to go.

however it does look like theres some heat stress there along with calmag issue. i highly doubt the clay pebbles has anything to do with this unless they werent rinsed properly and are poor quality.

what is your rh with lights off? the rh at 40 is on the low side for veg but not a deal breaker, although with high temps it would be. so that leads me to the next question, what are your day and night temps? i need both to see 1 if its too hot and 2 if there is a big swing between night and day.

how close are the lights to the plants? are the in open hoods or cool tubes?

i doubt too much light is the issue, i start seedlings under 600w hps sometimes with no probs.

i will stick to helping you with environmental issues because although i have knowledge on soil growing, im not the best person to advise on feeds there.

hey man thanks for taking time and reading this post. im growing in 60% coco peat 40% perlite in 35cm pots i think its 7 Gallon Pots. my climate is very hot atm as im from africa. My rH when lights are off is 60-70% and lights on about 40% ish +-. Regarding the lights they are in birdwings reflecters so Open HOOD. Regarding Temps like i said i had heat issue for about 2weeks also so since my climite is very hot atm its summer here as from south africa its about on good hot day outside out 30c so i got a portbale aircon for meanwhile to get temps better for past week or so. so my temps atm for last week lights ON 26-28C and lights OFF 20-22c. oh also i bought a humider one of cool steam ones i just got 3days ago to help with humidity its one of those Cold steam ones nothing expensive.

It looks like your plants are hot. There being exposed to too much heat. What are the temps in there. Also is there any exhaust. (Fans) to help w/ fresh air exchange.

Live , love grow.

yo my temps are on about 26-28c lights on with 2600 Watts i have normal big faning just moving air around with the portable aircon i never used the portable aircon before i think it stealing humidty out the air aswell cuz my mini split aircon never did that. i only had portable one in just over a week now cuz of the heat issue i was having before

too me it looks like humidity is too low, coupled with high temps. however 26-28c with lights on is hot but not crazy hot. are you extracting from the grow room or just recirculating the air? growing in summer in hot climates is a nightmare unless growing in sealed rooms. Id suggest thats the route you should go down as summer is only just starting in south africa so it will get even hotter right?

too me it looks like humidity is too low, coupled with high temps. however 26-28c with lights on is hot but not crazy hot. are you extracting from the grow room or just recirculating the air? growing in summer in hot climates is a nightmare unless growing in sealed rooms. Id suggest thats the route you should go down as summer is only just starting in south africa so it will get even hotter right?

THANKS again for the repleys man and taking ur time to do it i hope i can use some knowledge since my 2nd time growing with this amount of lights so much love for ur support :circle-of-love:. oky so yes it begining of summer here so it will get a little hotter but not that much. My room is inside my house its just spare room that i sort made into grow room instead of the garage the room does have window in but i had to seal the window for light issue as the room is front of my house so i cant have a total 3400 watts of lighting shining out there also that reason why i cant use a inline fan on that window to pull air in or out. I am recirculating the same air that in that room with door open bringing some fresh in i know its house air but i always keep my back door open so the always fresh air in the house ofc the portable aircon is runing now to help with temps until i get my mini split back this week. If u saying it would best too seal the room up i can do that i can close the door and sealed it i do have 8 inch inline fan just sitting here so wat i can do is install the inline into the room maybe and close the door i mean seal it when mini spilt is working cuz atm the portable air con has pipe runing out and that has hot air coming out it so i have to keep door open too run the pipe out the room so i dont have that hot air blowing into my grow room. so that leads to my next question since i only run one inline do vent air out the room or do i pull fresh into the room since room is ganna be seal the room. i can post more pics of whole setup or list my setup on what im running too maybe give u a better a idea on how i can fix my issue. sorry for grammer its dogshit i know

Much love for help once again and ur time @Cultivator :Namaste:

you should seal the room and then add co2, a dehumidifier and ac. if you dont add co2 the plants will suffocate pretty much. you are having problems because you need to exchange the air in the room a few times every minute so the plants can breath and to remove excess heat. Its your best bet when growing in a hot climate.

you should seal the room and then add co2, a dehumidifier and ac. if you dont add co2 the plants will suffocate pretty much. you are having problems because you need to exchange the air in the room a few times every minute so the plants can breath and to remove excess heat. Its your best bet when growing in a hot climate.

so if i seal the room up is there no ways i can just use a inline fan instead of co2 to maybe bring fresh in from outside or would that not work?

so i do add co2 can u please tell me what i would need in order to run very simple setup for cheapest way possable this what my grow shop has Air & Odour Control Archives - Hydro Herb Africa its quite expensive do i need a controller tho that my big question or will co2 and regluator just work on timer fine ?

You can add CO2 but that isn't going to fix the problem with your plants.
28C won't cause that problem. Are you measuring the temperature at the canopy - where the top leaves are?
The problem appears to be worse at the top, but it is also down lower, correct?
You didn't tell us about your feeding and watering, but since you've grown successfully before, I assume you've got that part down.
It does not look like Ca or Mg deficiency to me. Have you checked for pests? It looks like severe heat stress or serious root problems.

You can add CO2 but that isn't going to fix the problem with your plants.
28C won't cause that problem. Are you measuring the temperature at the canopy - where the top leaves are?
The problem appears to be worse at the top, but it is also down lower, correct?
You didn't tell us about your feeding and watering, but since you've grown successfully before, I assume you've got that part down.
It does not look like Ca or Mg deficiency to me. Have you checked for pests? It looks like severe heat stress or serious root problems.

update pic coming shortly things are looking better

Back
Top Bottom