Powdery Mildew Question

suparobg

so i switched to flowering 4 days ago. 2 days ago i started to get burn marks holes and a powdery look to the leaves. the guy at the hydro store give me Safer's Defender fungicide
i was told to wet the tops and bottoms of all the leaves and stems. then i was told to go back to 18/6 until it gets rid of the mildew. is this info correct? or should i stay on12/12?
i also was given Tanlin nutrient supplement to get rid of larvae that might want to eat my plants roots.

i grow in coco with some soil that was part of the seedling transplant

advice please

photos would help. pm sucks! I would be making sure to keep my environment perfect and whatever they suggest for the pm. I have never dealt with the stuff mid grow only after taking it down in which I did the h202 wash and it worked flawlessly. hope this helps some

i clean my environment almost everyday. i think maybe spores from the vacuum cleaner got in the air and into my plant.
I had no problems fro 3 plus weeks of veg

I had pm last summer and shut down while trying to clean basement. We have 6 small dogs so wife would not allow sulfur burning in house.what I have learned is besides sns244 , I have begun using atomized essential oil to eat spores and their toxins- unlike just killing spores and leaving toxins as bleach and vinegar do. This is very new research and shows promise. Look up toxic mold vs essential oils. Smells great and is not toxic. I have not seen anyone talk about this.

Potassium Bicabonate is supposed to be one of the most effective treatments. I haven't had to use it on cannabis (yet) but it worked great on our grapes. It is readily available, cheap, has no taste, non-toxic, etc. Mix at the rate of 4 teaspoons per gallon of water.
Check into it...

Look up Edward R Close,Phd,Pe , Thieves oil is what I am atomizing in basement and grow rooms. I am still shut down till spring but I wanted to do whatever I could for the house. This stuff is a bit pricey($200.00 for atomizer & 3 Tbl oil) but if it works the residual effect lasts months at eating spores. I can only say the basement smells sweet now. That and its the only thing my wife would allow me to use !! I hope to start a journal for 1st HI Brix grow and will mention this and see if PM is ever an issue again this summer. Who knows but if it works I will tell everyone cause PM sucks.

Per Dr Close, I am using Therapro atomizer with Thieves oil. 24 hrs followed by preventative cycles. Research is showing that any water used on PM sprays and PM just returns again (sound familiar), even on a block wall. Bleach alone has quite a bit of water before diluting . Therapeutic oil will have no impurities and is safe for humans,animals and plants. I plan to use this also before flip and during flower if I see any PM, bud wash at chop. I'm told bugs don't like this stuff either. Pure pressed plant oils that EAT spores and toxins (VOC) leaving plant material free of toxins just seems like something worth sharing. I suppose covering pots to protect soil life would be needed as it will eat bacteria also. My house smells great now and scratchy throat gone so far. Sorry to intrude but I saw PM post and just have to share this possible chemical / water alternative.

Back
Top Bottom