Northern-Auto droopy leaves

philly cheese

Just wondering why my plants are flacid lol see picture.
Any ideas? Top drip hydro system
420-magazine-mobile457231536.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Left the water off all night last night, looked at em in AM 1100 o clock, and it looks worse. I think next step is to redo reservoir with a lot less nutrients

Hi
When you need help, it is always better to write with the thinking in mind " the more info the better"
Strain, age, temp, nutrients used etc.
It makes diagnose much easier and help will arrive earlier.
trying the water change, is a good idea.:thumb:

HYDRO GROW

Strain - northern autoflower indica dominant
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - mild veg
Setup - top drip
Light - 2x 300 w LED
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Rockwool in clay pellets
PPM - n/a don't have tool
PH - 6
RH - 30%-40%
Room Temperature -70 to 80
Solution Temperature don't have tool
Room Square Footage - 4x4x7 grow tent
Pests - None Known

Problem: see top of post

I have not done a DWC grow yet, but while researching I seen quite a few references to Botanicare Hydroguard improving the health of the plants.

I found the following on this site. Hope you can find something useful in it. Feeding in Deep Water Culture, Getting Started & PPM

420-magazine-mobile2009036195.jpg

So this was today. Look at the yellow in the leaves bottom and green tip still. I changed the water 2 days ago with 1/8 recommended at mild vegetation(gen hydro). Ph is always good. I think I might have to change the water again and put no nuts in it at all. Keep it ph. That's how they grew big every day initially. But it seems like they haven't grown the past 4 days. My guess is that autos REALLY don't like lots of nuts. Any feedback from anyone?

Cheers my fellow growers!
Phil

I dont think nutes is the cause of the problem. However... you must have ppm/ec meter for hydro, especially dwc, that will tell us straight away if nutes is an issue.

I see 2 things straight off that spring to mind. 1st low humidity, 30% is way low especially with 80 f temps. 2nd i think you might have a root issue.

What are your water temps and what do your roots look like? are they crisp and white or yellow/brown and smelly/slimey? Have you seen any little black flies (fungus gnats)? they present in the same way as root rot.

Will pick up humidifier, and find ppm tool. Using drops to check ph. Ph is good though guys. And temp of water too.

Hopefully after I get humidity in I can save these plants. They're not dead yet though right? You've seen someone pull through these symptoms?

Phil

420-magazine-mobile49182233.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1736886923.jpg
420-magazine-mobile604947563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1015465728.jpg
420-magazine-mobile537798744.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2064769011.jpg

So I took pics of roots. They're top drip hydro, and I'm pretty sure they can be on 24hrs unless I'm mistaken.
So to initially help with that humidity, I took cap of 5th empty hole. I put water in big black trey at the front there. I sprayed water on plants/top of bin. I turned exhaust to low. I'll pick up humidifier and ppm tomorrow or Monday. I'm sure I'll need it in future anyways.

So any thoughts on the steps I'm taking?
Oh yea the roots: they have some brown slime(a little compared to the healthy white roots you can see in pics)
So what about that? . .

Phil

You have root rot mate. That top drip should only come on 3x day max. You most likely have warm water temps also.

Empty the res and fill with only water and add H2O2 to sterilise the res and dip the net pots on the solution. Then empty and fill with nutes at 1.2ec and add great white mycorrhizae, voodoo juice and roots excellurator to give recovery and make roots strong. If you dont do this dont expect to get any bud, or very little.

Alright so I got some help from the local hydro store guys. Looks like I'm gonna do just fine with the instructions they gave me. Thx peeps. Will add grow journal with pics. I won't write, just show pic updates.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom