Unknown leaf issues - Help please

Hahaha4201

Hello,
Ive had these on 12 12 for almost a week now, and the leaves are curling up with discoloration, they are turning darker, some with spots, leaves themselves kind of look like their dying. I dont think its over watering, they get watered about once a week. I currently use ocean forest soil. Could this be nitrogen toxicity? I am unsure since there is no yellowing in the leaf at all. This is my second grow with this set up. The last batch got affected by bugs. Only difference now is the soil.

IMG_693710.JPG
IMG_69369.JPG
IMG_693510.JPG
IMG_69349.JPG
IMG_693311.JPG
IMG_69329.JPG

Common man! Can't see nothing with the LED can you get some pics without the light?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi
A normal light picture is a good idea. Also, have a check list in your head, look for bugs, check roots, think WHEN did it first occur? right after feeding? If you have a PH meter, good idea to check PH.
Is it the whole plant or just a branch? (maybe a broken/damaged branch?)

Along with some natural light photos, tell us more.
What do you feed it?
Newer growth only or all leaves?
What kind of bugs last time? What did those plants look like?

Hello,
I will take pictures in regular light tonight, I have them off during the day. Weird part is I have another set of plants indoor with same soil, grown at the same time, and watered exactly alike, those plants have zero issues. As far as bugs there are non (thankfully) The room was disinfected before starting again.(so prior bug problem seems not to be an issue) It started happening once I moved it from their indoor location to their current location. To better describe the located they are in its a 10 x 10 highly insulated tool shed with ac and dehumidifier. The temperature and humidity is not an issue. Bugs are currently not an issue. I did fog to eliminate all bugs before starting again however before putting anything in i allowed days to air out. I searched and searched all over the internet and have not found anything with my exact issue. The part that baffles me the most is the indoor plants are perfectly fine. And other then bugs the last grow did not show this kind of issue. So i believe the tool shed is solid.
Thank you all for the help

Is it happening on all parts of the plant, or just the top/bottom?
How big and what kind of pot is it in? If not too large, and it was mine, I'd knock it out and take a good look at the roots.

they are 14 in pots right before going into 12 12 they got transplanted from cups to these pots, so I was able to take a good look at roots, looked healthy its happening on all parts of the plants but not every single leaf, some leafs still look healthy. Id say about 50/50. Mostly the old leaves, the new leaves so far look good but they are still small leaves. I am amazed how the indoor ones could be perfect and the shed ones have this issue.

any idea what could be wrong?

Not me.
My guess would be severe root problems - like root rot, or burnt from major over-feeding. But you said the roots looked good when you moved 'em.
:sorry:

any idea what could be wrong?

I really think it's a bug; spider mites or maybe aphids. Did you inspect the leaves with a microscope? Just because you sterilized your grow area, doesn't prevent eggs from surviving or new insects from getting in.

I would try a light mist of insecticidal soap (away from your lights or right before lights out) and see if that helps.

Aphids are easy to see. I've had spider mites (too many times). Could be mites, but it doesn't look like that kind of damage to me. By the time it was that bad there should be obvious webs. Possibly russet or broad mites (?).

Hello all
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm starting to believe maybe the room was not aired out long enough after the fogger and before putting them into this room. Since I have two rooms and one is doing ridiculously well. I am doing 100% organic, I even feed with compost teas made with homemade compost. Other then the fogger I used to sterilize the room of course since I let air our for 4 days which I thought would be enough. The newer leaves so far seem to be coming out good, I guess I'm just going to have to ride it out and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom