Overwatered & Cal/Mag deficiency?

Iguana Man

3 week old Bianca. HF Potting soil with additional 30% MG Perlite. LED 19" away. 18/6. Container is 6" wide. Temps 73-77 degrees with 35% RH.

Opinions? I'm thinking Cal/Mag deficiency along with some over watering.

Plant273.jpg

Or could also be Mg deficiency. Try a foliar spray with some Epsom salt as well. Are you feeding any nutes yet? She looks hungry for some. Make sure to use only 1/4 or 1/2 recommended strength if it's her first feed. If not go full strength and start a tea for her.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When I said Cal/Mag I meant Calcium and Magnesium. :) I gave her one cup of ph corrected water that contains 1/2 strength CaliMagic as well as 1/2 strength FloraGrow and FloraMicro. I didn't want to since she was already overwatered but it was the only way I could get the nutes to her so I guess it's a wait and see.

Once dry get a look at those roots if you can slide it out in one piece. It's doubtful she needs to be up-potted already but you never know. Very recently I saw this almost exact same thing and it ended up being a small patch of algae forming on the roots due to over watering. A little grapefruit seed extract was added to the water and that ended the algae. His plant is rocking now. :)

:passitleft:

She looks over watered to my red, bloodshot eyes. Let her dry out, I mean really dry out before her next watering with 1/4 strength feed. For now, do nothing but let her dry out. :passitleft:

I thought so too but after that additional watering that was fortified with the nutes I listed, she's perked up. Every leaf except the bottom two that first showed signs of yellowing have come alive and are no longer droopy. Assuming more water would cause further droopiness, and it didn't, I'm thinking it's nutes.

You know best brother, never before have I seen a cannabis plant droop caused by no nute's but what do I know. Good luck.

Nah...if I knew best I wouldn't be asking for advice from you folks. :)

I didn't realize a lack of nutrients doesn't cause droopiness. Thanks.

So what would cause the plant to perk up from additional water then?

Nah...if I knew best I wouldn't be asking for advice from you folks. :)

I didn't realize a lack of nutrients doesn't cause droopiness. Thanks.

So what would cause the plant to perk up from additional water then?

It was the cal mag she needed, I'm guessing.

But do yourself a favor and fill up an empty pot with the same soil you are growing in and compare the weights of the dry soil to the weight of your baby.

Don't water until the weights are close to equal. It's so hard to resist over-doing it but this technique helps tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here she is this morning. Amazing how different the shades of green are under different light. Under the LED she looks entirely greenish-yellow. Under outside & one indoor light she looks fabulously green yet under those same two lights with flash, she looks somewhere in between the two.

Anyway, I'll let her dry out, check the roots (to see if she's ready to up-pot) and go from there. As always, I appreciate the replies.

nutes59.jpg

nutes114.jpg

Cannabis prefers dry soil to wet soil. To build a healthy root system to should let your soil dry out between watering. Before I made the move to a living organic soil, I'd let the plants (in veg only) go dry to the point of drooping before I'd give them more. Sometimes that's been over 2 weeks between watering. I admit she does look so much happier today. Sometimes, my girls go a bit droopy after a heavy watering, back up the next day tho. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom