Unknown leaf problem - Help please

420invisible

hello

there is some problem with my plant

2 weeks old OG ,, temperature is 78 F ,, PH 5.9 ,,, NPK 18-18-18 ,, TSD 250

the photos describe everything :trance: ,,, and some of the perlite is turning to greenish colour .

need your help please .

67687586.jpg

9078664.jpg

:Namaste:

The green perlite isn't an issue! Are you growing in coco coir or soil?
I've never been able to get a definitive answer on why some brands or perlite will green up, but everyone is in agreement that it's harmless, most likely a friendly algae.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ditto on pH for soil.

The marbling on leaves could be due to early stress (pH issue) or it could be a mosaic virus. If so don't panic. Lots of plants live with viruses right through to harvest. As long as plant is growing you don't need to worry about it. Just wash your hands and clean your tools before working on other plants.

The new leaves look to be coming in normal. I would fix the pH problem and watch the new growth.

A nd welcome to :420:

update

the leaf problem still spreading .

6 weeks old OG ,, temperature is 78 F ,, PH 6.5 - 7.0 ,,, NPK 18-18-18 ,, TSD 1150

i'm planning to switch to the flowering stage ,, and i'm afraid that this problem will affect the buds

the photos describe everything :helpsmilie:

bhjgfhdrt.jpg

gfgsaefw.jpg

ghjvhgjfch.jpg

gjhfhrgswa.jpg

hbjgvgtyfc.jpg

hjgkvghcvfgcxdfh.jpg

jlugtydrtd.jpg

n_bhvghvfghm.jpg

uhiyuguy.jpg

ghvfcdxdfgh.jpg

gvkvytcfc.jpg

You write:
i'm planning to switch to the flowering stage ,, and i'm afraid that this problem will affect the buds

From all I have read, you should not switch an ailing plant into flower. Affected bud worry is more likely to be a NO buds worry.

It looks like you have about three different minor issues going there. Did you take the advice of getting the PH in order?

Also you should have more pre-flowers showing before going 12-12.

As Hippocrates said: "First do no harm." Relax, research, read.

Happy growing
:volcano-smiley:

Well Invisible I look at plants in distress like you find in Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial and imagine that I have all those problems and more. But just looking at some of the distressed conditions gives hope that we are not the only ones scratching our heads. I am puzzled by your photo showing one leaf either with a big bite out of it or had suffered a bit of mechanical damage. It does not look like caterpillar chewings but you might look for other similar damage. One thing at a time.
Happy growing,

I'd have a good look for spider mites or similar, they could be part of the problem. Some are red and others brown spotted. Genuinely hope I'm not right . Ph issues are easier to correct.
I had my perlite turn green with algae in coco. Ended up having major root probs with that plant and binning it. I let my plants dry out a lot more since and algae has not returned.
Good luck.

I let my plants dry out a lot more since and algae has not returned.
Good on you Dobbi in getting the algae under control. I spread a thin layer of aquarium gravel over the surface of my hydroponics which killed off the algae when it was deprived of light and moisture. The seedlings push up through the gravel with no difficulty.
Happy growing,

Interesting, never seen anything like this before. A few guesses -

Heat stress? How close are you lights? Unlikely if new damage shows up on lower growth while higher growth is ok.
Some sort of fungus or gnat? Clip off a fan leaf and look at both sides in good light under a magnifying glass.
Water or nute damage - are you getting nute mixture or tap water on the leaves?
Humidity damage - is the room well ventilated?

anyone can help me with this problem ?

Looks like Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Google it. Good luck.
787939efe8cf08c4852aa062ab454d6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

unfortunately it's look like , Tobacco Mosaic Virus

and there is no cure for TMV :rip:

but this is the only plant that i grow now ,,, and i will not give up on her .

i will start 12-12 cycle ,, and inform you with the updates

thank you all for your support .

It does look like TMV from what I've seen of it. It's quite contagious and you shouldn't bring any new plants into contact with infected ones.
Since you aren't flowering yet you may want to just get rid of these ones and do some googling on how to sterilize your grow for a new batch of plants.

Since you aren't flowering yet you may want to just get rid of these ones...

It's his only plant. Let it grow! :goodluck:

On an aside, TMV was the first virus ever to be discovered. In fact, the term 'virus' was coined in 1898 by a researcher trying to find the causal agent for what was decimating the tobacco crops. Here's the crazy part; because if its ability to incorporate nickel and cobalt in its shell the TMV is being researched and successfully implemented in the construction of microbattery electrodes. Just FYI. :)

Back
Top Bottom