Smokin Spider Mites?

GrnMtnGrowR

420 Member
I know I can't taste them but I know they are there....hundreds of dead spider mites in my buds. I had a bad infestation during the finish of this plant and under a 60X glass you can see the old eggs, dead mites, and little dark spots which I will assume may be mite poop...YUCK!
So does anyone know if smoking these buds are going to give me any ill effects? I'm sure somewhere along the way I have smoked them before in bud, but this time I know they are there.

Re: Smokin" Spider Mites....?

I don't really know if it is poop, just trying to get a rise from ya. So all you people have tossed out hundreds of $$ of weed when you had spider mites, or have none of you experienced spider mites infesting your plants??

PS,
I am not really a newbie, I am just new here.

ive seen ppl smoke some really mouldy weed thats gott abe worse, we have all prolly smoked weed with mites in it at one time or another

I've smoked some that was probably sprayed w/ Paraquat in Mexico, and I'm OK.

Did I mention that I've smoked some that was probably sprayed w/ Paraquat in Mexico, and I'm OK?

when i smoke weed, i dont tend to think about what dead insects and the feces are in the buds im smoking. but if i knew before hand, not a chance. i would seriously yack. i feel pretty queesy just thinking about it.

Yeah Boss I agree - but if it were'nt for this place where the inexperienced can gain the wisdom of the experienced there would be no chance of growing as a whole - a comunity where he elders help the newbies and we all progress towards betterness. This world is kinder to educated stoners. So thanks Smokin Moose for the tip and Boss for the guidence - respect! :Rasta:

Cut your losses and move on.

I just went out to check on my plants an found one of the heaviest buds that was hanging down from weight invested with these damn menaces! I was out there trying to wipe them off with an ear bud but it seems like a loss to me. I then proceeded to put a ready made joint down on he floor near my plants and forgetfully watered them with it getting drenched(!) and when I looked for it I was like "NOOOoooo o o o o o o! It is drying in the sun now but it will not be the same - I guess here is no need to cry over sogy indo!

I advise you make hash (ISO). Otherwise, dispose of it. :peace:

sometimes ya gotta cut your losses, just like floridabud said make sure you at least learn something from the grow even if you dont get any bud out of it

I advise you make hash (ISO). Otherwise, dispose of it. :peace:
No such thing as iso or butane hash. You can use isopropyl alcohol or butane to make hash and honey oils from hash but not to make the hash itself. Hash is made by keifing or cold water extraction or by manual seperation if the glands from the plant mattter.

To the OP (original poster) either make oil or throw it away. i wouldn't even use it for keifing or bubble hash as too much of the mites would stilll be present in the final process.

Back
Top Bottom