Sick plants! Need help! Stems are turning purple!

fireboytommy7

Hey guys I really needed help so if you guys would help me out...

My stems are turning purple, and any leaves that are connected to the purple area seems to be withering. Here are some pics. The top is green and its flourishing. I run about 2.5ml/gl of GH Flora Nova Bloom and Grow. i also use liquid seaweed and cannazym. Lately its been doing good, and still is, but I want to know whats causing this? THis happened recently.

K21.jpg

See the yellowing on the bottom but not the top, and how the yellow areas are connected to the purple?

K31.jpg

hi from london... if its just the bottom leaves don't worry as this almost always happens, your plant is just sucking the nutriets to the top for new growth, but if its just the leaf tips turning yellow there is a good chance of over fertilisation...:smokin:

pH? I have a pH checker and I keep my pH about 5.4...is that too low? seems like i have a phosphorous defiency...not because of nutrients but maybe pH level? whats more optimal?

Hmm...I just flushed out my system and used mostly distilled water.

I used a smaller concentration. roughly 300-400ppm.

My clones are about a week old. Should I turn up the ppm? My plants are either phosphorous deficient or nutrient burn. But the purple stems...
I'm using a lower concentration than last time. See what happens. Can always add more...

No, not these. I started these guys from clones and if you look at my grow journal (check my name and go statistics and go my threads) it was green until i got my 400W MH. I was using 14W LED so no real growth really so nutes may not have been a problem. Also I switched to drip system as well insted of wick. I run it every 2 hours for 10 min duing light and every 3 hour for dark. I was just wondering...

is it nute burn or deficiency? isnt nuteburn al over the place? or is it just the lower fan leaves. seems like the purpleness causes disease on the connected fan leaves. they are yellowing on the edges and turning brown. the top is flourishing. and pretty green stems. but bottom is looking sad.

J61.jpg

purps

J51.jpg

gf diesel

oh really? well my thermometer constantly reads about 78-80... hmm...heres what i noticed so far. I changed out my nutrient solution etc. So it seems to be getting beter. I also noticed the pH rises up about .7 in 2-3 hours. I use phosphoric acid, and i thought i had phosphorous deficiency...so perhaps the plants eat it all up to put in more phosphorous?

why?!

sickp.jpg

sickp2.jpg

This is my purps. Compared to my Grapefruit Diesel. Why is it like this? They feed from the same reservoir.

day_14.jpg

day14up.jpg

Any suggestions? Im running about 2.5 ml/gl of GH Flora Nova Bloom and Grow. Also 6 ml/gl of cannazym and .75 capful of liquid seaweed per gallon.

Notice also how the one the right (my purps) is more light colored, even more on the edges.

I also noticed...

Smaller leaves aren't affected. Oddly the larger fan leaves are, mostly in the middle. Is it nute burn, or is it deficiency? I remember some guy saying to put 2.5 of M-B-G each. But i only put about 2.5 ml per gallon, instead of 7.5 ml... it hasn't hit my diesel yet but it seems like it is. anyone had any problems with cannazym?

oh and does nute burn give the plant an overall lighter green color? not to mention purple stems?

It is either low cooler temps that causing it or low amounts of phosphorous.

Not sure if it was a typo or not but in your first post you said you only fed them grow and bloom? That is supposed to be Micro and Bloom, not grow and bloom.

That would most certainly cause problems if that were the case. Best bet is to use equal parts of ALL 3 bottles, Micro Grow and Bloom, at least until you fix the purple stems issue, them maybe you could go back to the Lucas formula of only using the 2 parts Micro and Bloom (Again NOT Grow and Bloom).

If you over feed them you will see the tips of leaves turning white and also notice what is called the "claw" where the leaves tips bend down.

You can also see yellowing at a later stage as "nutrient lockout" will occur when there is too much of one element or another.

Cheers!

My stems are also turning purple. The main stem is becoming variegated, also. After you mentioned the "claw" symptom, I noticed it starting to happen on one of the leaves. Also, the edges of the leaves are turning up and some of the tips are twisting. If over nuting is the cause, how much and how long should I flush? They have just been transplanted and I haven't begun watering the entire pot yet. Only a small radius.

Any tips on correcting this would help.

Let me start off by saying that i cant answer your question.

Looking at the pictures you posted i noticed that the plant on the right looks like it has ridges where the veins of the leaf are.I remember reading an article that mentioned riges as being a simptom of a certain deficency. Mabey that will help.

Found it!

Potassium (K)

Potassium is involved in maintaining the water status of the plant and the tugor pressure of it's cells and the opening and closing of the stomata. Potassium is required in the accumulation and translocation of carbohydrates. Lack of potassium will reduce yield and quality.

Potassium deficiency (K).

Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.

The photos look much worse than yours but i can see the purple stems and the riges and the bottom leves starting to curl over and go yellow. so i think its deffenitly k.

So now you have to look at why its happened. either 1. you are under feeding or 2. k gets locked out if ph is too low or if you are giving it too much of some additives. So if you know you have the ratios right on your addtives and you havent screwed up the ph lately than i would take your ppms back to mabe 700.... what where they at before you started the flush?... i would go 200ppm over that.

Keep us updated with how it goes. would love to see some picturs once you get it undercontrol

I have this same issue with some of my plants. When I posed the question, I was given answers that I have seen here which is p deficiency or a change in temperature. Does your temps stay the same at night? I have given my plants calmag, noticed some of the stems lightened up while some didn't. Otherwise my plants were healthy. I was also told that once they have turned purple they may stay that way...If it was me, I would start paying attention to your temps....you know take the advice given and use trial and error.

Night temperatures should be kept above 60 degrees to prevent stress. It is preferable during flowering to have a night temperature drop of 10-20 degrees to stimulate flowering hormones and reduce stem elongation.

Back
Top Bottom