Leaves curling up, tips turning yellow/brown

esiarf

I'm about 2 weeks from seed with 7 plants, 4 medijuana and 3 what look like afghan.

The leaves are curling up, and on 1 of the afghans 2 of the leaves are starting to yellow on the tips with one leaf starting to get some brown on the tip.

I first thought it was heat stress but my temp has been staying around 80 give or take a couple of degrees for the most part. I did raise the light a bit but they are still curling. I'm using an 8 bulb 4' t5.

So then I checked my ph, the runoff was testing out around 5.5, I meant to get some lime today but didn't make it to town in time. I did test my regular tap water and it tests around 7.0 so I went ahead and just flushed them all.

I've been using a weak solution of superthrive and mg starter with my watering up until a few days ago when I did away with the mg starter and added a weak solution of fish emulsions instead.

I do have a good flow of air over the plants as I have a humidifier blowing over them. My humidity stays between 30-40% which I know is a little low, I do have a bigger humidifier I can use if you think I need to get the humidity higher.

My question is this, can a low ph cause leaves to curl up and yellow, then brown on the tips? If so do you think by flushing it with a ph 7 straight water will fix the issue? Also do I need to get my humidity higher?

Here's a pic:
indoorsick719.jpg

You can see the journal in my signature, it says outdoor grow but I went ahead and included my indoor plants in it as well.

Thanks!

Thanks thatboydean, I flushed it with ph 7 tap water earlier today and added a bigger 2nd humidifier a few minutes ago. The humidity was 34% and is now up to 42%, the bigger one has a sensor on it I have set to 55%.

I'm heading to wal mart in a few minutes so hopefully they'll have some lime.

Also, how long should you keep them in the dixie cups? I was thinking of letting them go another week or so and moving them to 5 gallon pots.

No lime at the walmart, guess I'll have to pick some up from the farm store tomorrow. Another thing I wondered is I taped tinfoil to the sides of my light around the plants a few days ago and wonder if it was creating hotspots? I went ahead and removed it, temps are at about 75 with humidity up to 45% now. Hopefully it will be in the 50's tomorrow and hopefully the leaves will go back down to normal.

I'm new to growing and I read a lot of ur guys post and they have helped me out alot. But now I really need help

I have a 600w hps light. Started from seeds I have 6 plants in a 6x6x6 grodan cubes. I'm watering to wast. I water once a day when the lights come on watering till I see som water come out of the bottom of the cubes. I did the vegetation stage with no problems using sensi grow a and b, b52, and voodoo for the first two weeks. The plans looked great then at about a foot and a half tall and 6 weeks I switch into flower 12/12. Now I'm using your chart. In the first week I used connoisseur a and b, voodoo, piranha, bud candy, tarantula, sensizym, bud ignitor, rino skin, bud factor x I used full strength about 1300 ppm I started having problems with the lower leaves turning light yellow or lime green and falling off there not dry or any thing. With some browning of a few of the leaves. The plants are now about 2 and a half foot tall in the second week I added big bud. And separated them thinking they weren't getting light down there and switched to about 1100 ppm 3/4 strength. Always ph 5.8 to 6.0 using r/o water letting it airate for a couple days before mixing in nuts. 75 to 80 deg. Temp. Have a fan going 24-7 And now that I put into flower I put a dehumidifier in and keeping it about 45%. But the problem is getting worse. The bottom of my plans are almost bare but the tops look great. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong.
I bought all 4 stages of nuts from hobbiest to grandmaster level.
Thank you
image27691.jpg

image2771.jpg
I'm new to growing and I read a lot of ur guys post and they have helped me out alot. But now I really need help

I have a 600w hps light. Started from seeds I have 6 plants in a 6x6x6 grodan cubes. I'm watering to wast. I water once a day when the lights come on watering till I see som water come out of the bottom of the cubes. I did the vegetation stage with no problems using sensi grow a and b, b52, and voodoo for the first two weeks. The plans looked great then at about a foot and a half tall and 6 weeks I switch into flower 12/12. Now I'm using your chart. In the first week I used connoisseur a and b, voodoo, piranha, bud candy, tarantula, sensizym, bud ignitor, rino skin, bud factor x I used full strength about 1300 ppm I started having problems with the lower leaves turning light yellow or lime green and falling off there not dry or any thing. With some browning of a few of the leaves. The plants are now about 2 and a half foot tall in the second week I added big bud. And separated them thinking they weren't getting light down there and switched to about 1100 ppm 3/4 strength. Always ph 5.8 to 6.0 using r/o water letting it airate for a couple days before mixing in nuts. 75 to 80 deg. Temp. Have a fan going 24-7 And now that I put into flower I put a dehumidifier in and keeping it about 45%. But the problem is getting worse. The bottom of my plans are almost bare but the tops look great. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong.
I bought all 4 stages of nuts from hobbiest to grandmaster level.
Thank you

image27691.jpg

hi.did u find out was was the problem with leaves curling up.i have the same problem.2 weeks in weg and couple of leaves on each plant start to curling.thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom