Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Root Rot? (pictures)

Exclamation Root Rot? (pictures)

Hey guys! Im new to this and this is my first grow and im wondering if this is root rot or is it stain from my nutes? Im using technaflora recipe for success nutrients The plants are 2 weeks and about 2 days old. If it is root rot what should I do? It kinda confuses me because the two on the right are still growing fast and the left one looks left behind. also on one pic is a leaf that has a brown spot on it, is this Mg def. or cal def.?

Re: Root Rot? (pictures)

Looks 100% normal.
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

I agree with fuzzy; that little brown could merely be a drop of something on the leaf. Yeah color of roots from nutes or maybe the hydroton. Nice roots in such little time.

well guys it looks like the brown is getting alot worse....

i changed the tank because i was having problems with the temp gettin up to close to 80, so now im using a cooler. if u look close u can see around the edges of the water there is brown on the sides. i already have tried putting peroxide, 2 tsp per gal. that was yesterday morning and they have gotten worse. Should i go ahead a cut the roots that are turning bad? What should i do? Dont want to Lose my babies to root rot.

Blog Entries

What nutrients are you using, could simply be staining the roots, many times the micro of three parts does this.

If not that then what is the temperature of your res, root rot can often be brought on by a lack of oxygen. A lack of oxygen can be caused by water temperature, no matter how many air-stones you use, temperature of water is as important as pH of feed solution, causes lock out etc

If it is not your nutes staining, get some H2O2 and add it to a flush to see if things change.
    Get 5% OFF awesome grow gear, coupon code: 420mag

PerfectGardens.com (420mag Sponsor)
    Most active sponsor, 420mag member for 5 years
    Questions? Email: joey@perfectgardens.com
    If you won POTM and haven't heard from us, please PM me.

The nutes I'm using is technaflora recipe for success. The temp of my water is normally between 75-80. I been having a problems with that. That's why I switched to a cooler but I'm still having problems with it. What should i do? Don't really have the money right now to buy a water holler. I'll have to take a gal out n put it in the freezer for a little bit then put it back in to get the water temp down. The temp in the closet is normally between 77-84 n the humidy stays around 35-45. Their is a few leaves on each plant that has a spot or two but that's only one leaf off each plant.

I came across another post in this section of the forums with some bad looking root mass, you may find useful info in their ?

Root Boogers Please Help!

Sorry i can not help any further but DWC/bubblers are not my fortitude at the moment, best of luck & i hope ya get it sorted soon

P.s Dirt growing is easyer
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

What's your ph? and how does it smell? Should have a fresh smell. Are nutes new or old? Do you shake your nutes before adding? Just some things to consider.

Flip

Blog Entries

Your problem is the reservoir temp It needs to be right around 68F. If not, then you are very likely to see what is going on in your reservoir.

Things that can help:
    Insulate the reservoir, so it doesn't pull heat from the grow area. Wrap it in foil bubble wrap, all sides and the top.
    Use some H2O or Hygrowzyme to help keep rot down.

Things that will fix it:
    Buy a chiller
    Built your own chiller

Until you get the temps down, pH will run amuck, and can't be trusted. The plants will start off fine, but as more root mass grows into the reservoir, the more rot will show up.
    -- Prairie

How to grow marijuana everything you need know

If you are asking for help, click here to get better answers.

My only journal:
    Prairie's Trying Again SCROG Deep Water Culture

Blog Entries

Yup your temp is your biggest issue.

Like I said get H2O2, and as Prairie mentioned hygrozyme will help as well. I prefer sensi-zym, find it doesn't hurt as much as hygrozyme can.

If you cannot afford a chiller, you may need to switch to soil/grow media for future grows to be successful

ok Thanks for all the info and helping me out, ill just break down and buy a chiller this weekend. i also need to buy a ph meter, ive been using GH ph up and down kit . when you go by the color of the water in the vail. and its normally between 5.5 and 6. and doesnt change to often. i am having problems with only one plants leaves. the others might have one or two brown spots on like one leaf but this one plant is has alot more and alot worse. what is causing this? if it is a ph problem or nutes then why is it only one plant and not the other two?

Heres a pic of all of them the one in the back is the one with the leaf problem and the one in the front right, the roots look fine on it not like the other two from the pics earlier, a little color but not bad at all.they are almost 3 weeks old now

Blog Entries

How often do you change the res?

I've changed it on the 5th,11th and 17th veg days.

The leaf problem looks like a transpiration issue or a touch of light burn ?

Basically your leafs are sweating & the heat from light is slow cooking the sweat to cause burns on them or it could be a heat spot generated from your reflector tho ?

1. Sweating normally occurs due to dense compact growth & lack of air flow around plant/canopy.

2. Heat spots, well most reflectors create a heat spot in its light distribution over an area its just a focused point of heat due to reflector design... Not much you can do about that apart from raise height of reflector for a few days & wait intill plants toughen up to light source.

Its happened to me twice now and always same location of tent, 1st week of flowering under HPS from CFL vegging .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast