Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fuzzy Duck
  • 1 Post By vastok
  • 1 Post By Fuzzy Duck

Thread: Dark green color, leaves curl down no necrosis

Dark green color, leaves curl down no necrosis

Hey!

Please help me - i got no clue whats going wrong..

I got 2 blueberries from DP (indica dominant) in day 38 of flower (9 week strain). It's in soil (quality potting mix, the rest 12 girls like it) pH around 5.5-6.5. Pot size is about 3 and 5 gal.
    They are sitting under 2x400w HPS. Temp is about 82-86, RH is 40-60.
    I give them water every 3-5 days, using canna terra line according to their schedule - 1600EC in start of flower then 1900EC(current) and 1400 before flush.
    After i started adding PK 13/14, a few branches recovered but most still look bad.
    I don't see signs of nute burn yet, leaf tips seem to be green.

I guess this must be strain specific - i have 3 other strains (14 plants total) in the same room and they look really healthy.

This is an older pic to show color without the HID:

This is made under HID, but shows how weird leaves look..

Any info is appreciated!

Re: Dark green color, leaves curl down no necrosis

they look really dehydrated ! ive had this before (with the widow) but after a few days of watering she was back on here feet, this might help : How can I tell whether my drooping plant is overwatered or underwatered?

taken from the grow bible (I always use it) here : How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

they are looking beautiful though, I hope you are able to save them !

(updated : spelling error)

Dark green leafs curling down like rams horns ah !

Nitrogen toxicity e.g to much nitrogen, might be over feeding ! or nutrient sensitive strain ?
    invi likes this.
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

Thanks Saint!

They look like this since several feeding, leaves look the same no matter if the soil is wet or dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck View Post

Nitrogen toxicity e.g to much nitrogen, might be over feeding ! or nutrient sensitive strain ?
    Thanks FuzzyDuck!

I'm not sure since fan leaves show a bit N def and there is no sign of nute burn yet.
    Anyway i will still try to flush them with clear RO water.
    Pity i fed them a day ago . Should i wait until they need water again, or just do it anyway?

The strain is certainly sensitive.

Theirs more than one defeciency which can resemble nitrogen defeciency in the early stages !

Some plant deficiencies
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

I gave her 4L clear water (@40 EC) and then another 4L with 30% nutes. Lets see what happens =)

Blog Entries

Pot size is 3-5 gallons? ...you wanna keep them going?..flush baby, flush 4 gallons (if pot size is 4 gal) of fresh clear water per plant, repeat in 3 days if no change, flushing won't hurt your plants, will make them hungry for a day or too, but should recover well in a couple of weeks.
    You are killing your plants with kindness..lol

"V"
    invi likes this.
    << 35 years Closet Soiler >>
    <<< One good turn prevents photo-morphism >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck View Post

Thanks - this seems to be the case. Never thought this can occur without burn.
    Leaves gettin back to a lighter green color on more and more branches. Will repeat flush 2 more times, with 20-30% base nutes and half dosage PK (she shows signs of P def i believe).

Quote Originally Posted by invi View Post
    Thanks - this seems to be the case. Never thought this can occur without burn.

All part of the learning curve
    invi likes this.