i'm doing a cfl grow, and unfortunately running into some issues: 1) spots on the leaves and 2) low humidity.
quick specs: 3 plants, bunch of cfl's, miracle gro time release soil 15-5-10, amongst other things
1) i have brown spots basically covering one leaf(approx. 50%) and a couple spots on like 2 other leaves. my first thoughts are that the pH levels of the miracle gro and the distilled water(pH 6.0) are combining and throwing something off. obviously need to get a pH tester of some kind!!
- does anyone know what is the approx. pH level of most miracle gros?
(remember its time release-don't know if that matters)
- should i give the plants 1/4 nutes or any nutes (ff bigbloom) during veg if the soil is time release?
- can it cause burns or any kind of lockout if the plants get that type of nutrient intake too early?
i know it sucks using miracle gro in the first place, but have to look past that at this point
2) humidity is super low at times and i have recently put a humidifier in the closet, and it rises a bit, but not much.
- can you spray water on the leaves under the cfl light since they are so close, and if so, can that help balance the humidity issue?
- should you spray with the same water that you water the plant with?
(ie pH balanced with nutrients, etc.)
thanks for any help