Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: List of RI Dr's that have written MMJ Recommendations

Re: List of RI Dr's that have written MMJ Recommendations

Hey guys I posted on this Thread Do you want to be a RI MMJ Patient? about 11th State Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Doctors / Patients / Alternative Medicine RI and how the RI DOH approves of their services.
    That being said, the RI DOH Medical Marijuana Program is administered by the Dept of Professional Regulations, who regulate 40 Health Care Professions, about 12,000 different types of Licenses for every Dr, Nurse Practioner, Nurse, etc. so it does take at least a month to process New Patients and Caregiver Applications. I would save a copy of the Application to show Police if the catch you with Marijuana (NOT PLANTS) so you can claim "Safe Harbor" from draconian Marijuana laws.

Also please read / remember http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ge...uidelines.html because we do not allow hook ups, or hook up attempts. is here to Spead Cannabis Awareness, News, and Information, but not to accomodate the the transfer of anything but News, or Information, between Members.

where the chilly winds dont blow and the grass grows tall and green

Sorry to hear of your delay. My appt. is on the 21st will let you know how it went. Wife was concerned and she looked at forums for 11 state and all replies she has seen so far are positive. First a elval with nurse if approved it is downstairs for a meeting with a person versed in the "ins and outs" of RI's laws. I hear very knowledgeable and professional experiance all round. My fingers are crossed $300 is a big nut to throw down these days.

I have received numerous calls from New Patients going through 11th State Consultations who were told the instant their Rec is signed they are LEGAL and able to purchase Medical Marijuana legally from any State Licensed Caregiver.
    NOT TRUE
    I want to inform all who go through 11th State that until you submit your MMP Application, with payment, to the RI DOH Medical Marijuana Program and receive your MMJ ID Card with your ID# and photo on it anyone who sells you bud is committing a Felony (Manual Delivery of Sch I-II Narcotics). I have a friend who had his RI Rec on him and an OZ of bud, but was still arrested and imprisoned overnight when he eventually got to Court at the Pre Trial he had obtained his letter from RI DOH saying he was approved and had the charges dropped and Marijuana returned but not until he walked into court with his Card. But as the cop told him in RI if you are a resident you MUST have The Card. I cannot submit a Caregiver Application for a new Patient without their MMP ID# so please wait until you are in Possession of your MMJ Card before you get arrested or cause someone else to be arrested.

Going to 11th state tomorrow cant wait for it to be over. It sounds like the womans delay is on state side and I don't think that has anything to do with 11th state, they did mention to me that due to a policy change DOH does now require a copy of a photo ID and if she didn't include one it would be delayed/denied. I heard that the DOH says they will process complete apps with in 15 days of receipt and mail Lic. with in 5 days of approval. I am nervous about the appt. but I have been a chronic pain patient for 10 yrs now so med need should be a given. Will post a update tomorrow.
    Last edited by Electricthom; 02-20-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: wrong years listed 8 should be 10(where's the time go)

Had my visit with 11th state consultations today. Professional, kind and knowledgeable. Standing room only when I arrived but the wait was not as bad as I thought. When over medical history with first person who signed my forms then had a consult with the owner covering any questions I had(few due to my own HW before hand. now $75 buck to the state and I will get a letter from DOH in three weeks or so telling me when to come down for a picture and the lic. GREAT to finally find medical help, too bad it had to cost me $300 but pain relief and legal protection(somewhat) is worth every penny. Would send any friend who needs it to them without hesitation. Now I'm off to learn how to grow my own medicine.

CONGRATULATIONS Elictricthom

to the World of Legal Cannabis

The delay you experienced was not a DOH problem, 11th State has alot of New Patients and are doing the very BEST they can.
    It will take the RI DOH Medical Marijuana Program, up to 7 weeks to process your Application, until then you have an Affirmative Defense but are NOT 420% Legit by Cops standards. Until you actually have the Card you are not Safe from arrest, or able to purchase Medicine legally. I know of several people who have been arrested and held overnight while in posession of their paperwork, with the cops losing in Court, but only after obtaining the Card, and settling it at Court. I have talked with Charles Alexandre personally at The RI DOH, and his Staff, in the Office of Professional Regulation, about this and other issues and it was spelled out quite frankly. I cannot, as a Registered and Licensed Caregiver, transact with ANYONE not in Possession of their RI DOH MMP Id Card.
    While you are able to please photocopy your Application, save it because under RI Law if the RI DOH does not approve or deny your application in X days you are to proceed as if you have it.
    Sounds Crazy huh?
    Good Luck Electricthom

Having the Card Registry Id # is what it is all about, when you have your photo taken you will recieve The Card with your Registration # on it. That number, and expiration date, are how we verify, allow you to purchase MMJ, and allows Safe Harbor should you get pulled over with some Medical Cannabis products or live Plants in your possession.
    I will say it again because there have been several New Patients who have emphatically told me (because somebody told them) they are LEGAL and able to purchase, grow, etc. All I can say is that is wrong Information you are getting. You are NOT SAFE until you actually have The Card, and even then it is subject to LEO Interpretation at point of contact.
    Good Luck my friend!!!

+REP

Great info Wingman much thanks, I was under the impression after x days poss. was ok but intend to keep things cool until I have Card in hand!!! Cant afford and dont want any LEO issues at my age that junk is years behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricthom View Post
    Great info Wingman much thanks, I was under the impression after x days poss. was ok but intend to keep things cool until I have Card in hand!!! Cant afford and dont want any LEO issues at my age that junk is years behind me.
    Just came from the RI DOH MMP Office of Professional Regulation where we spoke again at length on this very topic.
    In a nutshell this is what I was told.

"Once you save a copy of your Application it is deemed APPROVED and Valid IF after 35 Days you have had no contact and heard nothing. You still will need to have the Card to be able to access the Caregiver system legally. Anyone submitting an Application without the RI MMP Caregiver Registration # on it will be REJECTED.
    Anyone knowingly submitting an Application for someone who is NOT YET Licensed to be their Caregiver may be revoked.
    Anyone submitting a Caregiver Application for an OUT OF State Resident in Possession of an out of State Card will be REVOKED!! And the RI DOH will move to alert and suspend that Patient from their resident state's MMJ Registry.
    Hope this clears up any ambiguity because I know 11th State is telling folks they are "legal" once their Recommendation has been signed. That is FALSE and you have NO rights until after 35 Days with your dated, signed, copy of Application. Even at that time you wil still need the Card to claim Safe Harbor and to utilize the Caregiver System.
    Congratulations Brother

BTW I still have CG Applications pending and submitted January 5th, 2012 that they are only just getting to now. Those should be done and sent out to me in about a month. So it will take at least 7 weeks before you hear anything so stay safe and cool you are on your way.!!

I knew about the 35 days(was unsure of exact # before now knew 30+) but they did not tell me I was legal now if I made it sound that way. The man(want to call him kid) who said he is the owner told me to mail forms and just wait til the letter comes go down and get it and be safe. Maybe its the gray hair or military hair cut, folk been thinking I'm Jonny law since the 80's.

PS love this site, cant stop reading journals learned so much already cant wait to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricthom View Post
    I knew about the 35 days(was unsure of exact # before now knew 30+) but they did not tell me I was legal now if I made it sound that way. The man(want to call him kid) who said he is the owner told me to mail forms and just wait til the letter comes go down and get it and be safe. Maybe its the gray hair or military hair cut, folk been thinking I'm Jonny law since the 80's.

PS love this site, cant stop reading journals learned so much already cant wait to learn more.

That's cool I have seen a few people demand they were legit because they claimed 11th State told them so. But after hearing your version I believe you. I knew they were not legit until they have the Card. But thanks for making this clear.

Update:
    16 Business days since they(state) got app, 11 business days since they cashed my check still in holding pattern but the excitement is building.

Thanks wingman for the advice will be waiting for the good news from Kent County when it comes

Thank you 420 Mag this site is the best thing I ever seen to get the info I needed. Stay tuned for a --- hempy grow to begin as soon as I am legal.

Well it took 35 day but all is well lic in hand for what ever that means.

Wingman, hope all is well and I hope to be there to celebrate your cases dismissal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RIMedicalDocs View Post
    Hi, could you tell me the cost associated with B and B Consulting? I am looking for a legitimate doctor's office, I'm not interested in paying $300 for my card.

B & B Consulting has a fee of $200. We provide financial assistance for individuals on SSI, SSDI, Veteran's Disability, or anyone that can prove financial hardship.

-Jared
    (www.BandBConsultingRI.com)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12