Gorilla Glue #3?

bluthird

I just picked up some nice looking clones from a local dispensary to start up my new 4x4 tent.

I made my selections and was ready to pay, then the tender says "if you get 2 more, then the per clone price goes from $13 to $10 each." How could I resist. I had her toss in 2 Gorilla Glue.

When I got home the label says "gorilla glue #3" and not being familiar with this strain, let alone even hearing about it, I started googling. Checked Leafly and here. I can not find any reference to gorilla glue #3. Plenty of #4 though!

So, is #3 a real strain or did she mis-label it?

Hey, back in my day the only strains we'd heard of were panama red, kona gold, columbian, thai stick and sometimes just plain old "Sense" (as I don't think we even knew how to spell or pronounce sinsemilla) :hippy:

I've done some more scouring and reading about GG - here's a copy and paste from a discussion about GG #4.
It mentions pheno's 1,2 & 4, no 3! Unless the #3 was "and one we called runt"

The copy and paste below was from a lengthy, 47 page discussion here:
https://www.---------.com/community/threads/gorilla-glue-4.61708/

C&P snippet:

i guess im curious as to how theres a male and F2's ect. a dude posted in the other GG thread that it was a complete accident and the result of a slight herm/ its bagseed

and sunset limited (the dude who won the cup with it, although it seems it wasnt his weed) and SL said somethin like "hey now dont ruin his breeding cred just yet hes just getting in the game" or something like that.. ill find it so as to not put words in anyones mouth
just curious how theres a male if thats the case, or if there is, why they would use it

EDIT: info seems conflicting, im not sure if it was an accident or not

This should clear some things up, these are quotes from the creator, Josey Whales, and yes it was an accident:

i have been getting alot of questions about the gg4 so im going to tell everyone how it went down, a few years ago i was growing sour dubb and chem sister and some others, the chem sis threw a couple nanners and hit the sour dubb, i held those seeds for a year or so and finally popped 5 of them, they were ok, really had one nice pheno but i lost it in a security scare, the other 4 pheno's all hermed on me and tottaly seeded my whole stadium run, i was pissed, i got rid of all of it to a friend, marrdog. he kept alot of the seeds and about a year later we had a joint grow going and he popped i belive it was 6 of those seeds, i was really concerned that they would herm and dident have much hope for them, they were all female, we ended up with pheno's 1 2 4 and one we called the runt, all were outstanding, the clear winner though was the gg 4. so thanks to marrdog and lady luck

you got it right, I don't know how a male turned up but it did , the funny part is when we first sprouted the original batch of seeds we had a male and killed it, we had no idea how good the gg strain was. I am just glad I got a second one , also still have 12 more of the original seeds to go through.
I have seen fem seeds show male flowers on the bottom branches and be all female on the rest of the plant , I had a white fire do so. it only had two male flowers on it, I am hoping this one is a full blown male .

I think It was missing labeled. I've sold clones to dispensaries in the past that I had proven genetics on. And before my very eyes they would re name it and throw up on there shelves. I don't deal with those kind of shops anymore.

I think It was missing labeled. I've sold clones to dispensaries in the past that I had proven genetics on. And before my very eyes they would re name it and throw up on there shelves. I don't deal with those kind of shops anymore.

No kidding? Holey smokes - that is very uncool. I mean, this is peoples MEDICINE for Christ's sake!
I've never had a dispensary that I supply to do that ... and I wouldn't go back to them either if they did.

I went in to one of my best customers once and they had three of my babies that were not labeled. The guy that takes care of the clones asked me what they were. Hell, I wasn't sure ... "either OG or AK47, maybe Blue Dream". I just missed them for labeling ... so, I told him I'd give him full credit for them and donate them. Told him to give them away to someone who maybe couldn't afford to pay. Either one of those three genetics is a good outdoor plant. I know the guy pretty well and I bet he found a good home for them.

I love cloning. I would do it for free - and often do.
Busy as hell right now. Makin babies as fast as I can.

~ Auggie ~

I got a call from a buddy a short time ago and went over to his UFG (Unit For Growing). He had a nice surprise for me as this was halfway in between harvest dates. He had 3 Gorilla Glue plants and said "Do you want to help me trim?" So I finished what I was doing and about an hour later we were [hand] trimming three plants. This particular strain [from clones] was VERY sticky and just from those three plants I had a nice finger hash ball the size of a nickel. It was a decent yield. We almost always figure 25% dry weight. So from 3 plants we got two pounds dry weight. I do not know which phenotype it was. But we ALWAYS start with the best.

Yes, Dutty. I have had similar experiences with a local shop. I went in to drop off a large order one day, and half the room had PM. It was thick. Hell, you could almost smell it. I mentioned it to the manager and she said, "I can't keep this room right. It's hard to get good help that really knows what to do. Now, I just put them on the shelf and if someone wants them AS IS, they're sold. If not, when they die I throw them away." Holey crap.
After I caught my breath I said, "Ya know, I don't mind coming in next week for a few days and getting this fixed. And, I will train your staff to recognize sick clones on the way in, and how to prevent this from happening."
She smiled and said, "Naw. Not necessary. It's more profitable to just dump the half that die."
She refused FREE help - and a lot of it. I left shaking my head.

I have never gone back. I don't sell to them any more. Got a call from her once wanting to know if I'd bring some in ... I made up some excuse about having an exclusive contract with a big grower ...

I agree with the other poster about this being serious as this is people's medicine.
Kind of like the pharmacist swapping Ampicillin with Penicillin ... close enough eh? And, who's going to know ... its all antibiotics after all.

~ Auggie ~

I got a call from a buddy a short time ago and went over to his UFG (Unit For Growing). He had a nice surprise for me as this was halfway in between harvest dates. He had 3 Gorilla Glue plants and said "Do you want to help me trim?" So I finished what I was doing and about an hour later we were [hand] trimming three plants. This particular strain [from clones] was VERY sticky and just from those three plants I had a nice finger hash ball the size of a nickel. It was a decent yield. We almost always figure 25% dry weight. So from 3 plants we got two pounds dry weight. I do not know which phenotype it was. But we ALWAYS start with the best.

I saw my buddy today and was discussing with him the Gorilla Glue debacle and he said the ones I trimmed were #4. He said [as of today] something about #5. Not sure if he already had it or was getting some [clones]. He's never heard of #3 either.
As for dispensaries being half-idiots I know what you mean. I was talking to this hot chic bud-tender and she said that they always test for dog and cat hairs because some of their customers are allergic. But I know better because I know two growers that have dogs [in their trim room], and another that has dogs AND cats. You just can't make a finger hash ball with out some kind of dog or cat hair in them. One definitely needs to do their homework on where they buy their flower from....

No kidding? Holey smokes - that is very uncool. I mean, this is peoples MEDICINE for Christ's sake!
I've never had a dispensary that I supply to do that ... and I wouldn't go back to them either if they did.

I went in to one of my best customers once and they had three of my babies that were not labeled. The guy that takes care of the clones asked me what they were. Hell, I wasn't sure ... "either OG or AK47, maybe Blue Dream". I just missed them for labeling ... so, I told him I'd give him full credit for them and donate them. Told him to give them away to someone who maybe couldn't afford to pay. Either one of those three genetics is a good outdoor plant. I know the guy pretty well and I bet he found a good home for them.

I love cloning. I would do it for free - and often do.
Busy as hell right now. Makin babies as fast as I can.

~ Auggie ~
i agree 1000%

I just picked up some nice looking clones from a local dispensary to start up my new 4x4 tent.

I made my selections and was ready to pay, then the tender says "if you get 2 more, then the per clone price goes from $13 to $10 each." How could I resist. I had her toss in 2 Gorilla Glue.

When I got home the label says "gorilla glue #3" and not being familiar with this strain, let alone even hearing about it, I started googling. Checked Leafly and here. I can not find any reference to gorilla glue #3. Plenty of #4 though!

So, is #3 a real strain or did she mis-label it?

Hey, back in my day the only strains we'd heard of were panama red, kona gold, columbian, thai stick and sometimes just plain old "Sense" (as I don't think we even knew how to spell or pronounce sinsemilla) :hippy:
u sure it wasnt gorilla gold #3...i had the same question u did and it brought me to the real scenario of it being this...what do u think brother?

Back
Top Bottom