Which Breeders Are You Using?

Which breeders do you use for which strains? Which breeders Beans are consistently germinating?where do you go for your indica? Your sativa? Does mr nice still have the best widow? Are heavyweights less likely to hermie? What ever you can add for the reason your growing the beans you are.I'm not interested in which ones to keep away from, more which your using and why... Thanks all, peace

What, nobody wanted to share which breeders they use? Oh well....

Medicann has some great strains. I grew a Cali Jack from them. Jack Herer genetics, nice yielder under just CFLs (over 2 ounces with only 5 week Veg), good blend on Indica/Sativa (70%/30%)
15-20% THC
4% CBD

I'm currently growing a few other strains, but Cali Jack is one I'll grow again and will definitely buy again. I also plan to try a few of their other strains, several members have grown their strains and had great grows, yields, and quality Cannabis from the grow.

I'm looking at Barneys for a nice indica, Peppermint kush... Southern star seeds have some really nice outdoor strains, on paper, anyone grown them?

I'm looking at Barneys for a nice indica, Peppermint kush... Southern star seeds have some really nice outdoor strains, on paper, anyone grown them?

Barney's is the one that I have had trouble with. I purchased 5 Pineapple Chunk seeds and not a single one made it. They were all duds. I have had good luck with Medicann. I currently have a Blue Blood, a Train Wreck, 3 Clones from the TW and a Cali Jack all in different stages of growth :peace:.

I use Dutch Passion, Buddha Seeds and bought quite a few HSO seeds after reading an article about the cooperative.

I really want to try some Sweet Seeds and Dinafem stuff eventually, but with a stockpile of over 100 seeds from the breeders I mentioned above, don't know if I'll ever get round to buying more stuff before I work my way through my present hoard.

I use Dutch Passion, Buddha Seeds and bought quite a few HSO seeds after reading an article about the cooperative.

I really want to try some Sweet Seeds and Dinafem stuff eventually, but with a stockpile of over 100 seeds from the breeders I mentioned above, don't know if I'll ever get round to buying more stuff before I work my way through my present hoard.

I have 2 Dinefem freebies going now. A White Widow and a Blue Kush. :peace:

He's asking about breeders. You're comparing seedbanks.

I've had no problem with any strains from Herbies.

On the Contrary Seedsman and Archive seeds have collaborated on a strain preservation project to preserve Old school strains, and Land Race varieties, Seedsman does in fact have there own line up of strains, they are affordable as well.

As far as what I look for? I look for a reputable history behind the breeder, the cups they participate in, they need not be winners but they should get good reviews.

The Latest favourite for me would be Alpine seeds, a Swiss company with a small selection, but what I love about them is there line up are all Inbred Lines. That means quality genetics for me.

Cheers

Supergroomer, thanks for the heads up regarding barneys...little research and a few having this problem, and with the seeds I wanted to buy, lol....are alpine seeds more for outdoors?... I'm looking at medicann now and bubba kush to be more precise. I'm also looking at 00 seeds for some cheap autos whilst I veg the kush.. Anybody grown these?... Oh another thing, seedbanks. I'm having trouble with my credit card ATM and am wondering if anybody knows of seed banks that allow you to put money straight into their account rather than credit card or postal..

I have stuck with a couple of breeders, i wanted to try a few of their strains before i moved on hehe. Greenhouse, Bomb and Barneys so far and have not had any issues with their germination, i dont have much money so i usually only buy 1 seed per strain and im at around 99% germination. As a matter of fact the only seeds that i have bought and have not germinated came from speed seeds, they were a couple of cheap cheap AK47 Auto's i was planning on filling gaps in the shade/greenhouse enclosure. Also have only tried a couple of the barneys strains so i cant really comment on their most popular range and germination.

are alpine seeds more for outdoors?... I'm looking at medicann now and bubba kush to be more precise. I'm also looking at 00 seeds for some cheap autos whilst I veg the kush.. Anybody grown these?...

The Alpine Seeds are good indoor or out, they are a great value and there descriptions are honest, and if you buy IBL's you can hit a female with a male and have a better chance at getting more of the same seeds.

As far as the Auto's go I am coming around a bit, you can extend your outdoor season with Auto's in my neck of the woods you can't put plants out till the days get longer. But, you can plant Auto's much earlier and get many harvests per season. The downside is you need to start from seed which can get expensive unless you find a good Auto IBL, or True breeding strain and make seeds.

i dont have much money so i usually only buy 1 seed per strain.

You can get past the money problem easy by saving for one good strain, buy regular seeds, veg take clones and do some selective pollenating.

Unless it's an IBL or true breeding you won't replicate the strain exactly but I can guarantee you a selection of good weed. Just select what's good and BX to the original clones, take clones of the originals again, Next run of the seeds select and back cross again to the original parents. after 4 to five runs of the same selections getting pollinated you will eventually have your own IBL. If your going to grow work towards a goal while growing your meds.

You can get past the money problem easy by saving for one good strain, buy regular seeds, veg take clones and do some selective pollenating.

Unless it's an IBL or true breeding you won't replicate the strain exactly but I can guarantee you a selection of good weed. Just select what's good and BX to the original clones, take clones of the originals again, Next run of the seeds select and back cross again to the original parents. after 4 to five runs of the same selections getting pollinated you will eventually have your own IBL. If your going to grow work towards a goal while growing your meds.

Thanks for the great info, i tried cutting my costs on my recent purchase by buying regular seeds just to try a few of the Bomb range, once i find a strain im happy with i will order a bunch of seeds and pick a good mother/father combo, really wish i saved some clones from the Big Bomb we grew last year, is such a nice smoke hehe

Eventually i want to be fully self sufficient and produce my own seeds and clones etc but at this point in time i just need a couple of indoor runs under my belt ;)

Back
Top Bottom