Old seeds

WeeNer

I'am bacicly a newbie at growing but ....I have just sprouted 2 doz,25-30 year old seeds, never dreaming they would sprout,but8 out of 24 did sprout...weird or what?

So what are these seeds?

I haven't had much luck with my old seeds, 1 out 0f 20 and then I dropped the filter on it breaking the stem. I will have to get some fresh seeds when my S.S. comes in.

i had some seeds, several, in fact, kept in baggies, of all things, in my top dressor drawl. found them, while looking for some 9mm ammo. they were given to me, like six years prior. I got a 50% success rate from them. i guess it depends on conditions. they have found brine shrimp eggs, that hatch out fine (live fish food), that are over 1000 years old. nature is cool. now, maybe, someone will find a "jurassic strain" that would be too cool.

I had some old beans the cracked and stalled after the tsp root came out . I haven't given up on those beans yet . Just started with some fresh ones to relieve some of the pressure so to speak . Lol. Because these where some from some good strains I created 20 years ago and some from another breeder that are from the late 70's early 80's ( old school sativa :) )

The two that "showed" taproot during soak, I placed in soil. They still haven't popped. I think same as you too No Pain.

Another one is still in paper towel but 9 of 12 popped so 75% success rate so far. Hopefully at minimum I get 11 of 12. The ones harder to pop are Sativas as well, I wonder if they are more difficult to germinate than hybrids or indica?

The two that "showed" taproot during soak, I placed in soil. They still haven't popped. I think same as you too No Pain.

Another one is still in paper towel but 9 of 12 popped so 75% success rate so far. Hopefully at minimum I get 11 of 12. The ones harder to pop are Sativas as well, I wonder if they are more difficult to germinate than hybrids or indica?

Wish you the best of luck on those old beans my friend , you can also try Gb acid to help the. Pop

Back
Top Bottom