CropKing Seeds Warning

LiquidJade

Hello everyone
I am LiquidJade.
I honestly did not know of this form because well I never searched CropKing seeds before. This was the first one that popped up so I made a account as of right now! This seems like a active forms so I will make more postings after this.

But the reason I joined and my first posting will not be one of happy but of sad... See the reason I searched CropKing is because of the customer service I got. Well I will post my experience here and make another posting of my own.

5-5-16

I hate to make a posting like this but I felt I had to do no one else runs into this problem.

Last night I was making a order from Crop King Seeds.
This morning I got a phone call saying someone was using my card in China. Now CropKing is in Canada. Over all my transaction was declined because they could not process my card outside of the USA. I forgot.

But here is the part of the story I want you to hear. I talked with Lisa on the web chat to ask what was up. This is how the talk went:

Lisa
Hello Jade. How may I help you?

Jade
I just tried to order from you last night and this morning my card was said to be used in China shopping mall...

Lisa
9:11 am
Jade... understand that most seed companies don't even allow credit cards for AMericans
tell your government to change the laws

Jade
Kind of upsetting this has never happened to me before and your website was the only one I have used

Lisa
then tell your government to change the laws
or pay cash like 50% of our customers

Jade
That is not a very friendly response...
Why the hostility?
I would be happy to use my paypal if you accept that payment

Lisa
because Americans need to understand that we are actually doing you a favor
you are not even allowed to order seeds
let alone use your credit card

Jade
Ok. At the end of the day money is money... Why does it matter who it comes from?

Lisa
correct

Jade
I am not understanding the hostility for Americans that you have?

Lisa
it is your government
they set the rules
and the rules say "you are not allowed to use a credit card or even buy seeds"
so we break these rules for you people
Jade... I am very busy here.
what is your question?

Jade
Your website seems very friendly but I don't understand the hostility to me because our government.
I am sending you a msg because my card number was somehow taken from your site and used in China
And you are on the subject of our government..
Delivered

And after that point she closed the chat.
So it seems that CropKing has a problem with Americans
I honestly thought it was a valid question I was asking... But I was met with hostility.

Just be warned people please. Business is business there in no way should anyone get a response like that. Even more so when they said there company is based on "word of mouth".

LiquidJade

UPDATED:

10am just called them.
Just now got off the phone with the "owner" of the company. Said his name was mark. He is the largest seed guy in the world!!!

Anyways. I was informed he was doing me a favor in even taking my phone call. He stated that he was so busy with orders that he does not care about my order he needs less orders because of his demand. It's bad business I think. I am just letting the growers know.

I don't know guys...
Honestly that is not the response I was wanting to get....

I hate making postings like this. But as people and growers we need to know about the companies we are doing business with.
I wish all of the growers and collectors the best of luck. This is information to show my experience.

LiquidJade

Why not use a breeder or seed bank who is known most of their seeds are copy's of other they really don't have a strain that you can't find somewhere else.. Do more research before ordering know your breeder or at least ask questions before you buy

Hi Jade, I am very new at this but I feel like I want to respond to your quote here about cropking,,I bought my seeds from them as well, and all germinated and nothing but good customer servise has been given to me..even answering my dumb questions. I like you was at first upset and scared my card was being used in china, and one of my credit card companies cancelled the transaction and woudlnt let it go thru. I tried a different card and my bank called me and I at first wondered why this deal was going thru china...well, so far what I think is happening is they have an address in china to by pass the trace back to them because it is illegal to sell to most of us here in this us ofa. really, I guess if you live in a state where cannabis is legal, you don't have to worry about the stealthiness of buying seds, but peeps like myself couldn't get them . So I am just saying in their defense so far I have not had anyproblems and they have sent me good seeds. if tht changes Ill let you know, but the china thingy was worrying me too at first until they explained what was going on..

also, I forgot the statement on your credit card should say something like beanseedmall , so youll know what the charge is for.

I've had my card hacked in Japan. They bought $4000 worth of air plane tickets. that was 8 years ago. Found a bad sale on my card also from China just this past month. I check almost every day. I've never done business with Crop King.

I don't think her/his point has to do with getting hacked.

I think it has more to do with Crop King's attitude towards Americans.

That being said, I've bought from Crop King and it went very smoothly, but I am a little bothered by the fact that no one from the company has responded yet, especially since they have their own forum and they're so talked about and popular here. An official reply would be nice...

hello jade.

I think it is funny that everyone that has posted in this thread has less than 100 posts. Moving on. I have ordered from crop kings multiple times without any issues. My wife even won a competition that was held here on 420 magazine. We have had 100% germination and no problems with shipping. The animosity that you speak of that they hate Americans, I do believe to be false. Everyone can have their own opinions so here is mine. I hope that you come to find a seebank that you can do business with and be happy. I have spread my business around and have used other seed banks also. There are plenty of sponsors on here, I'm sure that youll will turn out to be happy.

Yes agreed crop king is A1, The stealth shipping they do.. oh man the tihngs they ship in

They are onto it... use bit coin you noob..

What kind of fool charges seeds to his CC lol any semi sketch site uses billers in other countries ie gambling sites etc etc.

Mexico, China, basic stuff mate@!

But yes Lisa needs to be ticked off - try emailing the convo to the admin at Crop King.

Shortly after ordering seeds from another seedbank, my credit card was used in the Republic of Monrovia, at a travel agent, with well over 10,000.00 American dollars. It was easy to blame the seedbank from over sea's. All of my peeps say it was from the seed dudes. Wrong I used bitcoins on my purchases. My card numbers were most likely stolen at a gas station card reader. The peeps do not know what a bitcoin is nor I am in charge of teaching them. Your card was most likely stolen close to home, so easy on passing blame.

I am Canadian and I have only used CropKingSeeds. Have never had a problem with them and found them to be super nice and helpful. I have a credit card with a limit of 500 that I use on the Internet so stuff like that shouldn't happen to me.

Hello everyone
I am LiquidJade.
I honestly did not know of this form because well I never searched CropKing seeds before. This was the first one that popped up so I made a account as of right now! This seems like a active forms so I will make more postings after this.

But the reason I joined and my first posting will not be one of happy but of sad... See the reason I searched CropKing is because of the customer service I got. Well I will post my experience here and make another posting of my own.

5-5-16

I hate to make a posting like this but I felt I had to do no one else runs into this problem.

This morning I got a phone call saying someone was using my card in China. Now CropKing is in Canada. Over all my transaction was declined because they could not process my card outside of the USA. I forgot.

But here is the part of the story I want you to hear. I talked with Lisa on the web chat to ask what was up. This is how the talk went:

Lisa
Hello Jade. How may I help you?

Jade
I just tried to order from you last night and this morning my card was said to be used in China shopping mall...

Lisa
9:11 am
Jade... understand that most seed companies don't even allow credit cards for AMericans
tell your government to change the laws

Jade
Kind of upsetting this has never happened to me before and your website was the only one I have used

Lisa
then tell your government to change the laws
or pay cash like 50% of our customers

Jade
That is not a very friendly response...
Why the hostility?
I would be happy to use my paypal if you accept that payment

Lisa
because Americans need to understand that we are actually doing you a favor
you are not even allowed to order seeds
let alone use your credit card

Jade
Ok. At the end of the day money is money... Why does it matter who it comes from?

Lisa
correct

Jade
I am not understanding the hostility for Americans that you have?

Lisa
it is your government
they set the rules
and the rules say "you are not allowed to use a credit card or even buy seeds"
so we break these rules for you people
Jade... I am very busy here.
what is your question?

Jade
Your website seems very friendly but I don't understand the hostility to me because our government.
I am sending you a msg because my card number was somehow taken from your site and used in China
And you are on the subject of our government..
Delivered

And after that point she closed the chat.
So it seems that CropKing has a problem with Americans
I honestly thought it was a valid question I was asking... But I was met with hostility.

Just be warned people please. Business is business there in no way should anyone get a response like that. Even more so when they said there company is based on "word of mouth".

LiquidJade

UPDATED:

10am just called them.
Just now got off the phone with the "owner" of the company. Said his name was mark. He is the largest seed guy in the world!!!

Anyways. I was informed he was doing me a favor in even taking my phone call. He stated that he was so busy with orders that he does not care about my order he needs less orders because of his demand. It's bad business I think. I am just letting the growers know.

I don't know guys...
Honestly that is not the response I was wanting to get....

I hate making postings like this. But as people and growers we need to know about the companies we are doing business with.
I wish all of the growers and collectors the best of luck. This is information to show my experience.

LiquidJade

If it smells like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, and shits on your shoe like a Duck...............

And Oh yes, I am doing you a favor by offering this advice and I'm not even Canadian.

There many good seed companies in Canada and some do not have their territorial imperative inflamed.

Use another company. They already told you they do not need your biz.

Hello everyone
I am LiquidJade.

5-5-16

LiquidJade

Hi LJ,

Look, rather than my going into "judgement" mode about your experience, let me try and explain what you probably have been told already.

1. That many of the seed bank people arrange for transactions outside of their home country for many reasons, one of them being the restrictions placed on people, their cards, their residence. I've never used Crop King, but couldn't help notice they use the same merchant for CC# transactions as one of my favorite seed bank people, whose name is not listed here (surprising!). I stopped using my CC years ago, after it became necessary to call the bank and have them "unblock" my access to purchases that were none of their "Damn Business."
I used to call the bank, tell the person the name that would be listed during the purchase, which is all they needed to know, yet, every now and then I'd get a teller who'd, very "matter-of-factly" ask, "And who is the merchant?" I'd repeat myself, telling them the name that would appear on the transaction - my way of saying, "You've got all the info you need."
One even tried to press me into giving them more details, and rather than argue with them -and drawing more attention that I wanted - so I came up with some bs story to get her off my back. That was the last time I used my CC for that type of transaction. Now, I pay extra for a pre-paid card that extends outside the country, and it's nice, because even the "Beanmall" doesn't reject it.

2. Whatever happened between you and CropKing, all I say is that I've been on this planet long enough to know that there's no such thing as nice people, places or things that are always nice. People have bad days, bad attitudes, bad karma, so is it possible you got crap from two rude people working in the same business? Yeah.
Could they both have had a bad day at the same time? Heck yeah.
Could they have been more professional? Of course, but I've stood on both sides of that conversation, and depending on "my" day, I had to choose to either laugh it off, sympathize with them (in hopes of them seeing how they're acting), or politely let them know how fortunate they were for the distance that makes it impossible for me to come and generously "PLANT" something other than a seed up their tight, arrogant ass. LOL We all do it, have done it, and more than likely, will do or say it to someone in the next hour. It's human nature.
I'm waiting now for a phone call from husband whose plane landed three hours ago, and who is on his way to Laguna Seca for a race. He knows I hate planes, that he needs to call me when he lands, so I don't worry. He has not done this, and I'm excited about my side of the conversation I'm going to have with him!! ROFL!

3. I'm glad you said something. For everyone on this board who insists their experience with Crop King has been positive, there could easily be 100 people who have run into your situation, and rather than confront or warn others, they simply shrug it off, leaving it for someone else to deal with - or not.
At this point, it's not about whether you are right, wrong or telling the truth. Crop King's a business, and like any business, it doesn't take long for reputations to suffer because of rude people. If it happened to you, it's happened before, and depending on how much they care about the consumer, they'll either recognize and change the way they do business or stay the same until their profits suffer or dry up. Either way, they deserve a chance to change, right?

4. Whatever the remark was about Americans, I wouldn't sweat it too much, because it sounds like pure bullshit. Why? Think about it. They're merchants, paying merchant fees, to sell to countries that are willing to pay. Believe me when I say that they're paying to keep America as customers, and they're totally conflicted about us, because on one hand, they profit from our 'indiscretion,' but they also fear the day when those restrictions disappear, forcing them into participate in the world of "Capitalism," where competition in this arena is stiff - both abroad and here at home.
You don't believe me? Ask Colorado how they're feeling now that the laws are lax to the point where people go to dispensaries more for the novelty(It's like a major tourist trap now) and less for the need. So you should have laughed when she said that, especially if they're living in Amsterdam. I would have told them to go and do what comes naturally to them -Go straddle a splintered fence! ROFL

5. So, welcome, and glad you're here. I'm not a noob, but I've been away for awhile and find this group to be pretty awesome and informative. There's lots of seed banks to check out, lots of people with suggestions. Don't sweat the small stuff, though I know how hard it is to receive such disrespect from others. It's like, "Hey, MORON! I'm here with money in my hand and you wanna talk to me like that? Don't make come over there!" Actually, the "Don't make me come over there" was something my mom used to say, and we didn't her seriously then either, until we saw the belt in her hand. LOL

Hi LJ,

Look, rather than my going into "judgement" mode about your experience, let me try and explain what you probably have been told already.

1. That many of the seed bank people arrange for transactions outside of their home country for many reasons, one of them being the restrictions placed on people, their cards, their residence. I've never used Crop King, but couldn't help notice they use the same merchant for CC# transactions as one of my favorite seed bank people, whose name is not listed here (surprising!). I stopped using my CC years ago, after it became necessary to call the bank and have them "unblock" my access to purchases that were none of their "Damn Business."
I used to call the bank, tell the person the name that would be listed during the purchase, which is all they needed to know, yet, every now and then I'd get a teller who'd, very "matter-of-factly" ask, "And who is the merchant?" I'd repeat myself, telling them the name that would appear on the transaction - my way of saying, "You've got all the info you need."
One even tried to press me into giving them more details, and rather than argue with them -and drawing more attention that I wanted - so I came up with some bs story to get her off my back. That was the last time I used my CC for that type of transaction. Now, I pay extra for a pre-paid card that extends outside the country, and it's nice, because even the "Beanmall" doesn't reject it.

2. Whatever happened between you and CropKing, all I say is that I've been on this planet long enough to know that there's no such thing as nice people, places or things that are always nice. People have bad days, bad attitudes, bad karma, so is it possible you got crap from two rude people working in the same business? Yeah.
Could they both have had a bad day at the same time? Heck yeah.
Could they have been more professional? Of course, but I've stood on both sides of that conversation, and depending on "my" day, I had to choose to either laugh it off, sympathize with them (in hopes of them seeing how they're acting), or politely let them know how fortunate they were for the distance that makes it impossible for me to come and generously "PLANT" something other than a seed up their tight, arrogant ass. LOL We all do it, have done it, and more than likely, will do or say it to someone in the next hour. It's human nature.
I'm waiting now for a phone call from husband whose plane landed three hours ago, and who is on his way to Laguna Seca for a race. He knows I hate planes, that he needs to call me when he lands, so I don't worry. He has not done this, and I'm excited about my side of the conversation I'm going to have with him!! ROFL!

3. I'm glad you said something. For everyone on this board who insists their experience with Crop King has been positive, there could easily be 100 people who have run into your situation, and rather than confront or warn others, they simply shrug it off, leaving it for someone else to deal with - or not.
At this point, it's not about whether you are right, wrong or telling the truth. Crop King's a business, and like any business, it doesn't take long for reputations to suffer because of rude people. If it happened to you, it's happened before, and depending on how much they care about the consumer, they'll either recognize and change the way they do business or stay the same until their profits suffer or dry up. Either way, they deserve a chance to change, right?

4. Whatever the remark was about Americans, I wouldn't sweat it too much, because it sounds like pure bullshit. Why? Think about it. They're merchants, paying merchant fees, to sell to countries that are willing to pay. Believe me when I say that they're paying to keep America as customers, and they're totally conflicted about us, because on one hand, they profit from our 'indiscretion,' but they also fear the day when those restrictions disappear, forcing them into participate in the world of "Capitalism," where competition in this arena is stiff - both abroad and here at home.
You don't believe me? Ask Colorado how they're feeling now that the laws are lax to the point where people go to dispensaries more for the novelty(It's like a major tourist trap now) and less for the need. So you should have laughed when she said that, especially if they're living in Amsterdam. I would have told them to go and do what comes naturally to them -Go straddle a splintered fence! ROFL

5. So, welcome, and glad you're here. I'm not a noob, but I've been away for awhile and find this group to be pretty awesome and informative. There's lots of seed banks to check out, lots of people with suggestions. Don't sweat the small stuff, though I know how hard it is to receive such disrespect from others. It's like, "Hey, MORON! I'm here with money in my hand and you wanna talk to me like that? Don't make come over there!" Actually, the "Don't make me come over there" was something my mom used to say, and we didn't her seriously then either, until we saw the belt in her hand. LOL

Is there anything stopping you from mentioning the name of this prepaid cards that can be used internationally? I have heard some banks like mine will block transactions to seed banks and was thinking about using a prepaid card instead but all the ones I know of only work in the states.

Honesty I don't know what's wrong with sending cash.

Back
Top Bottom