Seeds from the early 70s to 90s

Snafu0062000

Hello this is my first post on here hi!!.

So I am trying to get some info on early 70s to 90s seeds. A little back ground story, so a few months back my great uncle sent me a gift. In this little white box is about 50 seeds. My uncle is in his early 70 and in bad health and in a letter he told me that the seed could range any ware from the 70s to the 90s.

Will a few days ago I decided To see if they would germinate, holy cow 4 out of 5 did to my surprise and now they have there beta leaves.

Now these seeds are old a few was just like powder. So my questions are how should I care for these girls ( fingers crossed ). And what type of bud could these be.

Right now I am going organic with them, soil with no additives, p.h water at 6.8, sea kelp and fish fertilizer. I live in FL and it's hot and humid but only in the morning and late evening For this season. What should I watch out for?

Second what where some of the good buds back then I know for sure some are good old chronic and hawain Kush. But what where some of the other strands that are rarely seen anymore?

Thinks for your input and time.

Can you post pics here? With dud phenos or seedlings that sprouted from old seeds compost tea is one of the best there is.

One strain I used to get all the time as a youngster was lambsbreath. It was the tastiest smoke I ever had and god do I wish I searched for some seeds in it back then cuz I can't find anywhere that has true original lambs seeds.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One strain I used to get all the time as a youngster was lambsbreath. It was the tastiest smoke I ever had and god do I wish I searched for some seeds in it back then cuz I can't find anywhere that has true original lambs seeds.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Check Tropical Seeds stockmfor Jamaican strains.

Check Tropical Seeds stockmfor Jamaican strains.

I've been through thousands of pages (literally) here on 420Mag the past few months, and you seem to know your seeds Conradino23, especially landrace and 70s strains. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I haven't tried to grow a pure Sativa since 1973 or 1974 as a teenager. Do you think the Colombian Gold 72 on the Tropical Seeds is the real deal? Would you buy it if you weren't flush with 70s genetics?
Thanks for your time and knowledge.
Keith

I'm buying CG '72 actually cause it's as genuine as it gets and other growers stand behind it on other forums. They kept the line alive for very long time and they made new batch of seeds this year. I posted pics on landrace thread. Looks much different from my Colombian Punto Rojo with these huge colas full of long calyxes. I hope they're gonna finish around October/November, which would be a very nice thing. In my experience landrace sativas can be extremely spacey and psychedelic in upper doses but very gentle and social with just half a joint or so :passitleft:

Here are some pics.

20160729_205303.jpg

View image in gallery

image37263.jpg

image37264.jpg

Nice keep it up, don't overwater and don't expose to a lot of heat. Once they develop second set of leaves you should look for mutations, twisted leaves and that kind of thing. If you don't find any, just treat them as normal seedlings.

In my experience landrace sativas can be extremely spacey and psychedelic in upper doses but very gentle and social with just half a joint or so :passitleft:

Thanks Conradino23, I just ordered some, my better half is pumped (she was a 70s girl too!). I'm like George Carlin (not dead, just a lightweight) these days, a couple of tokes of most any decent herb and I'm good to go, I no longer need to burn a ounce a week! One gift of aging!

Appreciated
Keith

might laugh but they even look like sativa seeds youd get in your weed back in the day

I am Colorado boy 90s kid. The seeds unknown my family is all mixed up the seed are from a step uncle. I am white boy my mother married a American Indian ( one of the coolest step fathers ever ). My step uncle was always into bud traveling around there all Jimi Hendrix, pink Floyd,black sabbath fans me I'm punk,hip pop, alternative. My step pop and uncle they go some where that I am not allowed ( probably a TP in the middle of the woods lol ) even to this day where I am like blood I have never been invited.

Maybe I'll return home after I see what I get out of the seeds and smoke a Blunt or two. All I know is there 70s 80s 90s seeds and if there any good or not I'll smoke the hell out of them. Peace out ill return in a few with more pics.

Here are just a few close up pics. Two out of the four are growing very good the others are still seedlings and have not grown much it's only been 7 days. The other two look great and there both different I think.
20160731_180759_HDR.jpg
20160731_180558_HDR.jpg
20160731_180526_HDR.jpg
20160731_180715_HDR.jpg

It looks good, color is perfect :thumb:

I'm buying CG '72 actually cause it's as genuine as it gets and other growers stand behind it on other forums. They kept the line alive for very long time and they made new batch of seeds this year. I posted pics on landrace thread. Looks much different from my Colombian Punto Rojo with these huge colas full of long calyxes. I hope they're gonna finish around October/November, which would be a very nice thing. In my experience landrace sativas can be extremely spacey and psychedelic in upper doses but very gentle and social with just half a joint or so :passitleft:

Conradino23,
Agreed, the three landrace sativas I have grown were very all very spacey, I prefer Sativas over Indicas in general, but I have enjoyed Indicas more as I age. My heart just doesn't race as fast as it does with Sativas. I ordered the CG 72, pure Sativas are difficult for me to locate anymore, thanks man. It doesn't help that most of my old running buddies have either kicked the bucket or have turned into Grandpas. I have some Colombian Red seeds from 1975, but I haven't been able to get them to germinate in the past 6 years or so. I did a self cross with them around 1995, but the phenos have been varied. I think I may have lost that strain, but it was good while it lasted. 9 seeds left to try and germinate, but the past 50 or so haven't popped.

Keith

were breeding a pure malawi gold sativa at the moment , i have 3 top mg phenos , if you want genuine malawi gold ,seeds of africa , they are sourced directly from the growers in africa ,shit is blowing my mind in every catagory.

Colombian sativas can be purchased from Cannabiogen. Great phenos can be found in their stock.

Back
Top Bottom