C-99 Mutations?

gato

There are quite a few c-99 posts and did quick look in some, but not seen any like this mentioned.

Got 4 female seeds c-99 sprouted. They didn't look like great seeds, but night soak and planting popped all 4...one later than the others. First about 12 days ago.

A couple of the c-99 plants have their side shoots growing directly from the main stem mid-way between the leaves. I looked at where the leaf is attached to the stem on one layer and half way up to the next layer is the next side shoot growing directly from the stem.

..so it is leaf level. side shoot level and then leaf level. Not seen that before. It is shown in 2 of the c-99 so far and 1 c-99 is normal growing from leaf joint....3rd not known yet. Think I sort of like the idea of that trait...that it might be a positive in breeding seeds, but I'm no seed breeder to know. Not grown bunches of seeds to know if rare.

Read the female seeds c-99 is a new cross of grapefruit and pineapple and think an f4 (?)

Any have seen similar and what were the finished results....more positive with them like that...a trait to save? Or no difference you could see?

Thanks for any info....looking for nice things from those c-99..not smoked c-99 before.

Some pics would help. I have grown several of their c99s. It is one of my all time favorites for daytime meds. :peace:

Sorry...wish I did, but don't own a camera and no pic phone to use. Best I can do is a description.

Thought they looked a bit odd with a side branch growing off the stem between the leaves and not at the leaf junctures. Was thinking a trait to save for various reasons and was hoping to hear if anyone had grown ones like it and what their observations were.

You've grown a bunch of c-99...you'd no doubt notice it if encountered...so thinking a new mutation brought on by the new crosses by female seeds? Think things like double serrated leaves and other mutants showing up from c-99.

Maybe I can make a million dollars isolating the trait to the seed companies?
lol

Thanks for the reply

Here is a pic of my most recent c-99 2 or 3 weeks before chop. :peace:

20160711_151552_resized.jpg

It looks very nice. Know mine will never be that nice (extremely poor etc and ignorant too).

What quantity do you expect dried? Couple of ounces? Thanks for the pic...will save it and do a how bad comparison...lol

thanks

3 and 1/2 sound nice to me. Never expect that or near it. It is obvious you have learned how.

I'm fast flowering them to get some pot to smoke and expect a small harvest, but a good sample for re-vegg for plant selection and possible cloning. I've cloned many plants in the long past and that part is no problem.

Maybe some other c-99 grower has encountered the branching and see what it did. I sort of like the idea for air and light penetration...or at least it seems to have a logic to it to me.

thanks....expecting nice things from Cindy.

here is a quick copy and paste of what it looks like.

the shoot on left is what is normal, but the one on the right is like mine. they grow half way between the leaf nodes.

I only paintshopped the right side one.

that is what it looks like though...shoots between leaf layers.

thanks...hope someone has seen it before?

I have had a few that have looked like that before. I don't recall any of my c99s though. They all turned out fine. It is much easier to defol the big fans when they are like that. :peace:

That was one of the factors I thought of as beneficial. Also possibly air flow and maybe light penetration? Be interesting to see how they do later. I may have done a little strees with light very early, but short duration interrupted to 12/12 and then choosing another plant instead, trying to pick which ones to better force flower earlier.

thanks for the answer. It is good to know it has appeared in other strains.

I know this is a older thread,, but can I ask who you got the female seeds from??? Brother Grimm only has regular seeds.. And they grew a new crop of seeds this year. Alot of copycat breeders out there with the strain name, just their variant..

But good weed is good weed period whatever name she has.. But I just tried 4 seeds in a row and they all crack fast,, but they aren't up and growing.. One stuck it's head up but refused to open.. Wasn't alittle piece of the seed castings holding her closed either, I've dealt with that 100 of times.. But the seeds I got were all irregular shaped,, got them thru a regular vendor tho. One I've used for years. I've always wanted to grow a Cinderella, but they ran outta seeds awhile,, along while back. Just wonder if this has happened with Brothers seed? Keepem Green

Herbies Seeds done by Female Seeds x of Pineapple and Grapefruit phenos...so it should be close. at least I heard it is.

Well even the Brothers Grimm isn't the same as the original one.. But they still have some of the original genetics in it.. Alot of what I call copycat strain out there.. Ever wonder why everyone has aWhite Widow strain.. And they all say the cup winning strain of WW.. Isn't but one breeder of WW.. He worked with Greenhouse seeds,, had a falling out, and went to Nice Seeds.. He now calls his WW he produced, Black Widow..
They ether self them if they had the real stock,, or breed the same parentage and pheno shop for something close in smell of look.. But one thing about weed,, when it comes down to it,, there are only 3 kinds,,, bad weed, good weed and better weed... Doesn't mean that Female seed is good by any means.. Best luck and Keepem Green

I meant that it idoesn't mean Female seeds aren't good. I just proof read my comment.. And G 13 labs have their variant.. All come down to if you find a good pheno. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom