Small Indoor Strain

Darnova

Hello, fellow ganja pros!
Old-time grower here trying for modern strains & methods. Soooo much has changed (updated) over the past 40-years of growing that it's like learning all over again. Surprisingly, it's not easy to find a discussion venue that isn't populated almost exclusively by beginners. The obvious problem with that is the magnitude of bad information floating around, and being presented as "fact". These 420 forums seem to be used by many with a solid understanding of the growing processes. I hope to participate in lots of helpful topics here.

I need help locating the best strain(s) for my specific growing needs. Recreational purposes only, CBD content irrelevant.

Grow Type:
Indoor. 3' x 3' using a single 250w CFL. 100% organic soil & nutrients. My intent is a fast, short, perpetual grow, possibly scrog. Please note, I'm happy to discuss grow methods under another topic. For now I'm focused only on a good strain.

Vendors:
USA or Canada only. Last time I'd ordered from Europe (Herbies) it took 30 days for arrival and had 60% dead beans. For me it's the North American continent or nothing at all.
Last time I'd tried from Canada was through "MJ Seeds Canada", which provided super fast bean-in-hand & 100% germination success.

Characteristics in descending order of importance...

1) Bean Type:
Given a choice, I'd go with regular beans (50% male-to-female). I'm willing to use feminized beans. Absolutely NO auto-flowers. Been there, done that, never again.

2) High Type:
I prefer a cerebral high, possibly with a dash of body high. Not interested in major couchlock.
While I understand the general differences between sativa & indica in this regard, I'm open to anything that gets the results.

3) Bud Density:
Maximizing grow space-to-harvest weight. I have not been happy with the likes of Sour Diesel or various Haze strains. Genetically thick, heavy buds are the goal. This is aside from grow/training methods (scrog, pinched, etc.)

4) Potency:
I'm looking for verified 18% THC or higher, such as has been conducted at Cannabis Cup competitions. My general rule-of-thumb is whatever the bean vendors advertise as potency, subtract a minimum of 5%.

5) Flower Time:
I'm looking to work a perpetual harvest system. The faster I can finish flowering, the faster I can re-veg. My general rule-of-thumb is whatever the bean vendors advertise as flower time, add a minimum of 2 weeks on top of that.

6) Flavor:
I prefer sweet & fruity. As this is 6th down the list of importance, I have no specific objections to a diesel or pine taste.

I'm hoping for recommendations only from those with personal knowledge/experience of a potential strain. Outside of that, I can read the descriptions off of a vendor's page as easily as the next person. So, I'm not really looking for anyone to offer a "vendor's list" of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom