Purple Widow - easy easy to grow!

MadameCrash

Hi! I'm a noob grower, and I just have to take a minute to recommend this strain to the good folks on this forum. Purple Widow by White Widow Web (package of 12 only $17.95 USD from Dr. Chronic) It is one tough tough plant. Got one 20 days in veg, and it's beautiful and stinky! No matter what I do to the poor thing, it just keeps on growing perfectly. Not even any transplant shock when I moved it at only 12 days old! I also gave a friend 4 seeds to try and he says Purple Widow has been the easiest of all the strains he's grown so far as well.

The breeder says it's an outdoor strain that grows to monster size with 10" fan leaves. However, mine is short with tons of internodes and 9 FINGER LEAVES! Growning indoors under a 400W Enhanced Blue MH bulb. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how......:hmmmm:

Thank You to all of the helpful people on this forum. Reading the grow journals here motivated me to try growing for myself. Everything a person needs to know is right here...just gotta read and read and read .....:allgood: Cheers!

Here ya go... 1st pic 20 days old, 2nd pic some new 9 finger leaves comin in..
pw1-20-days.jpg

pw-9-finger-leaves.jpg

My all time fav. is growshop alien hands down. best prices, selection, and unbelievable fast shipping- 10 days to US. Even better than dr chronic, my other atf.

Thanks bro! Keepin my fingers crossed for a girl. If it's a boy, I'm going to keep some of the pollen for breeding. I've got a few other strains just starting right now that would hopefully make for some wild crosses... :bong:

I'm a Midwest USA girl... little farther north... think cold winters..hehe.. I've got one Honeymoon plant (double purple strain from T.H. Seeds) also at 20 days. If my little family is boy/girl and I bred them, wouldn't that be a Triple Purple Strain?
....mmmmmmmm.....purple budz.........lol

Yup - actually the breeder lists it as an outdoor strain. Prob. because it is supposed to grow to enormous size, like 3-4 meters! I have been growing this plant indoors though, and it's just been incredibly resilient (sp?) to stress. I've put it through hi heat, super low humidity, changing lights, premature transplanting...overwatering..nutes....flushing etc. etc... That's why I am recommending this strain especially for noob growers like me who can't stop messing with their plants. Plus, the seeds are dirt cheap - less than $20 US for 12 seeds, and who can resisit the thought of a monster purple plant? Not me.....:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm guessing that Dr. Cronic takes money orders or cash. Not sure though, you'd have to go to dr chronic and read his policies.

Far as watering goes - I'm no expert but I know M.J. likes it DRY! Think of it's roots like your crotch and the soil around it like a jock strap- you know the difference between DAMP balls and SWEATY balls... Stick your finger down in the soil ALL the way to your knuckle. Does the soil feel DAMP? (good) or SWEATY? (Bad) LOL..... :laughtwo: (blush)

Or for us girlz out there - the soil should feel as moist as a new kitchen sponge right when you take it out of the package..

Purple Widow - EZ to grow- New Pics

Purple Widow 12" tall 25 at days old. This plant has grown 4" in the last 5 days. This is DURING the transplant shock recovery period! I actually had to transplant this beauty twice in 24 hours 'cause I put too much lime in the soil and the ph was too high. Poor baby started to turn all yellow on top, so I had to transplant it again only 12 hours later. However, as you can see she's picked right back up like it was no stress at all. This strain is just so incredibly forgiving. Again, I HIGHLY recommend this strain for noob growers, or those with a brown thumb (like me). These pics were taken today, just 2 days after transplanting (twice) from 6" pot to 3 gallon container. Enjoy...:allgood:
pw-12in-25-days9.jpg

pw-12in-25-days.jpg

pw-12in-25-days2.jpg

Nice plants.

i will have to try this strain sometime

Well....this is my first (surviving) grow. Just the thought of topping, bending, pruning, fimming, tying, etc... makes me break out in a cold sweat. (insert chicken noises here)

In the AM I am going to take some clippings to put into flower (for sexing) My first time taking clippings ....:bitingnails:..... the thought of approaching my baby with a razor blade...... <shudder> Oh well, gotta find out if it's a boy or girl... Keep your fingers crossed that we both make it out alive...:peace:

madamecrash said:
Far as watering goes - I'm no expert but I know M.J. likes it DRY! Think of it's roots like your crotch and the soil around it like a jock strap- you know the difference between DAMP balls and SWEATY balls... Stick your finger down in the soil ALL the way to your knuckle. Does the soil feel DAMP? (good) or SWEATY? (Bad) LOL..... :laughtwo: (blush)

Or for us girlz out there - the soil should feel as moist as a new kitchen sponge right when you take it out of the package..

Ok..lol...why is it you used our male anatomy as the example to determine the "wetness" of his soil for guys, and for women you used a new sponge? Are you implying we men folk touch ourselves often enough that is the best thing we men could compare it to? What if I just bought a new sponge too? lol J/k:laughtwo:

lmao

tronix said:
Ok..lol...why is it you used our male anatomy as the example to determine the "wetness" of his soil for guys, and for women you used a new sponge? Are you implying we men folk touch ourselves often enough that is the best thing we men could compare it to? What if I just bought a new sponge too? lol J/k:laughtwo:

But wouldn't anatomy be more familiar? :laughtwo: I mean, you boys are lucky! Always having something right "at hand" to compare with.......LOL:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom