Starting clones in 12/12

alwaysbuzzed

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I did research extensively and came up with nothing.

I was wondering what would happen if you took clones and went straight to 12/12 rather then reverting them back to a vegatative state? I mean, seems as though people are using 1212 from seed and getting good results. so what would the outcome be? :bong:

I would think it would be advisable that you root them for 2 weeks first before you switch the lights to 12/12. Other then that I don't see any problems with skipping a veg period.
Outcome would be smaller plants with fewer/smaller branches. You should end up with similar results as a plant grown from seed on a 12/12 schedule. You should get a denser cola due to the staggered nodes of an older clone then a plant grown from seed. Keep us posted of your results in this thread if ya don't mind!

I think even if you start at 12/12 with fresh cuttings they will stop all growth and take the time to establish a root system no matter the light cycle. ;)

I did this with a clone straight into flower, it worked! It took what it could get and rooted, flowered, and became quite the specimenm the best looking plant in my garden , but way smaller, i think it got to 15 inches high. but yeah it works.

I've placed clones directly into 12/12 and have had good results. No problems.

hi every1. im growing 2 and have kept 12 12 all the way from seed. its 6 weeks in and there gorgeous, imagine a mini me plant

sadly not, i did have a problem with leaf curling and put up some pics @ :rollit:, but i cud put some pics up on monday?

hey again, yeh they started to curl under then got really bad but now there on there way back (i hope lol) how the fuck do i attatch pics to the reply? says i may not post attachments? cheers

light alway 2-3 inch from top an i water ever 3-4 days, how do they look? being my 1st grow?

I think even if you start at 12/12 with fresh cuttings they will stop all growth and take the time to establish a root system no matter the light cycle. ;)

we shall see mon, I have 20 clippings from gorilla glue inside a 4/8 tent on one side of the tent are plants in 12/12 flower stage under 1000 watt, on the other side are the clippings with no additional light (only light being reflected from other side) its been a week exactly clones look healthy! i wanna take them out and put them under 18/6 as soon as they root but i dont even have separate light as im so poor lol sooo they will stay 12/12 untill then

Back
Top Bottom