They just WON'T GERMINATE! WHY?!

JustInterest

I have some bagseed (some seeds I got out of a bag of pot)

and they JUST WILL NOT GERMINATE.

I have them in between 2 moist paper towels, in the dark- I even put a heating pad on the lowest setting underneath them.

It has been 3 days.. NOTHING. Not a single one is germinating. Why?

Are they too old? I just smoked this supply a few days ago. Are they too young? What's going on?

IF I WANT TO FORGET ABOUT USING BAGSEED- HOW DO I LEGALLY BUY SEEDS??! PLEASE RESPOND

It's a mix!

Here's a picture (bad quality, it's from my phone)

seeds7.jpg

Many are light colored. I guess this means the seeds are not mature.

About how long do they have to wait before they will mature?

Thank you so much for replying Ms. Fox. I watched your grow journal with envious eyes.

Thanks! You can't wait for them to be mature. They have to mature on the plant. Try again, picking out the darkest seeds you can find. ;-) They all look mostly immature.

I'd try taking your biggest brownest seeds, scarify them (gently rough them up with sandpaper or a nail file) and soak them in water w/ superthrive and seaweed extract overnight, then into the paper towels like you have now. Be a little more patient, if they don't pop after 7-10 days, you may be out of luck with this bag.

thank you. I will try scoring them and waiting longer- I think I have some seaweed extract somewhere, maybe not.

I see a huge problem here:

The seeds in my bags are ALWAYS going to be immature. Think about it- the growers don't care about the maturity of seeds- they harvest as soon as they can make a quick buck!

If they have a quantity of weed, they harvest it too soon. You see the same thing with Christmas trees. As demand increases, they chop them down at younger and younger ages. Growers are concerned with profit instead of quality.

Am I right? Because waiting longer for the seeds to mature won't increase the quality/yield of the weed that much- so they don't do it.

how good is the weed that the seeds came from? remember the seeds that you use dictate how good the weed is going to be. if its from commercial weed don't waste your time only save seeds fom dank weed.judging from your pic I'm assuming they are from a bag of commercial. right?

No, it was pretty good. It is from so-called "mid grade" which strongly resembles dank yet contained many seeds.

UPDATE- after four long days, WE HAVE GERMINATION.... sort of. But it's only a few of them (the dark ones- The lady fox was correct) and also, they are just barely poking out.

Do weak seeds that have trouble germinating produce weak plants? (The skinny kid from preschool never grows up to be a bodybuilder, right?) Should I assume these are destined to be weak?

No, it was pretty good. It is from so-called "mid grade" which strongly resembles dank yet contained many seeds.

UPDATE- after four long days, WE HAVE GERMINATION.... sort of. But it's only a few of them (the dark ones- The lady fox was correct) and also, they are just barely poking out.

Do weak seeds that have trouble germinating produce weak plants? (The skinny kid from preschool never grows up to be a bodybuilder, right?) Should I assume these are destined to be weak?

Hey, I take offense to that. If my momma through out the runt I wouldn't be here today!

Seriously though. I would keep them around for a few more days to see what happens. For whatever reason it may just have taken longer for the water to penetrate into the seed. Do you have your towels soaking wet or just kinda damp?

BTW: I'm a plump 210 lbs now. Momma's proud.

^ Very true.

Not every seed will germinate at the same time. It doesn't mean anything. ;-) The plant may also lag in growth throughout the veg stage. I had one that lagged very far behind, but then caught up during the flowering stage. She was more potent than the larger of the plants.

After thinking over this idea, I'm beginning to realize marijuana growing is not for me.

The first experience was a gut check for me. THIS TAKES PATIENCE and I don't have it LOL

back to buying illegally to get the plant I enjoy... ah well.

maybe sometime business will take me to a country where it's legal, and I can go straight to a farm.

Until then, it's back to the underworld of drug dealers for me. ....sigh...

as obama puts it "we as americans are not quiters" common man don 't give up so soon just look around you have all the grow support a person could ask for.trust me it is a very rewarding experiance of growing your very own herb.Simply put there is no other plant like it in the world I think you would really be missing out on a life changing experiance:peace::allgood:

Back
Top Bottom