Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cannabis Strain ID Thread

Cannabis Strain ID Thread

Hello, 420Magazine readers,

This thread is for us to post pictures of known strains in order to form a guide for the identification of mystery strains or bagseed.

Here are examples of Satori from Mandala (see sponsor dope-seeds, and others).
    seedlings:

Re: Cannabis Strain ID Thread

Satori

Medijuana seedling

hey, plants really don't look all that much different untill they are flowering for at least a few weeks, and then they really stand out different
    Music is the universal joint so take a hit

Blog Entries

Got any flowering shots to help build the catelogue?

I know there's a long running debate about just how distinguishable the various strains really are. We can all tell indica from sativa but can we tell the various indica's from each other?

Let's find out

I think the most telling sign of a plant is definitely its reveg pattern, mutations, and leaf shape - but it only looks unique in context of others. A single batch of seeds for a strain could have many different looks / growth patterns but good luck with your mission.

Quote Originally Posted by onthe420train View Post
    I think the most telling sign of a plant is definitely its reveg pattern, mutations, and leaf shape - but it only looks unique in context of others. A single batch of seeds for a strain could have many different looks / growth patterns but good luck with your mission.
    I'm beginning to see the problem. Here are two Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds co Medijuanas (link found in our sponsor's site Weeds That Please. You can see that they are two different colors of green!

Nug of the Month Winner - June 2010 & Sept 2011 HealingKronic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

good thought TB, but the same strain can look very different with different variables...

This is a great start to a wonderfull idea! We all need to pitch in with pics and tell the story behind them. I am sure there are 420 members who remember what flowering buds of joy are.

Medijuana (from AMS) (tending to show hermie traits)

Plant of the Month Winner (Nov 09') Norcaliwood's Avatar
    Now Oregon. Playing in a Child's Garden of Grass

Well this thread could be a great one if people who knew for sure put a clean photo of a plant they know for a fact is what they say it is. As in store bought stock. Not something someone got for free and was told this is this and that. Alot of people like to tell others its something when they really have no idea what the seed really is. Tiger really a good Idea. These are a good example of the first thing all should know. The left is a pure 100% Sativa and the right is a good looking Indica. Just a thought.
    OGTHC likes this.
    Wood's still at it. Current

Sooooo many Strains,,,,,, Soooooo Little Time.........

Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ-Top,
    '' Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers ''

Perfect! I was putting up pix of store-bought Medijuana and Satori, hoping that the key to identification was leaf shape, size, and color. But those change all the time, i see. Then it was mentioned above that identification was outline of mature plant, but i had LSTed mine, thus distorting the outlines.
    So please post pix if you have some!

Plant of the Month Winner (Nov 09') Norcaliwood's Avatar
    Now Oregon. Playing in a Child's Garden of Grass

I have one I just pulled in flower, but flowering it's kind of hard to tell what it really is. They all are satvia indica or ruderalis or a mixture of any but heres Bing Bang it's a greenhouse seed thru sensible seed.

And I also have a recent pic of G-13

I guess this will describe a Pure Skunk that no one can confuse. Skunk aka 'The Pure'

Is no mistaking it whatsoever. Any plant that can block the sun out is probley it Enjoy
    Wood's still at it. Current

Sooooo many Strains,,,,,, Soooooo Little Time.........

Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ-Top,
    '' Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers ''

Here's a Dinafem Blue Widow it is early in flowering still but I will post more pics later for your catalog

This is the only seed I have of the stuff but it has had various shades of purple on the undersides of the fan leaves since day one. The other thing to note is the bluish shade of the leaves and the leaf edge shapes.

She is twenty four days into flowering and frosty already!

Good Luck with this catalog

If nothing else it will be a good reference when purchasing seed from our sponsors. That way we can show our results as opposed their promotional pics.
    Click Here to Resize-Upload-Post Photos
    Don't Forget Our Sponsors....
    If you are anti-prohibition check this

“Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could.” -William F. Buckley, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by NormanTBates View Post
    Here's a Dinafem Blue Widow it is early in flowering still but I will post more pics later for your catalog

...snip...

Good Luck with this catalog

If nothing else it will be a good reference when purchasing seed from our sponsors. That way we can show our results as opposed their promotional pics.
    Exactly! I've heard two people describe Northern Lights, now - one said almost no smell, and the other said cat-piss dank. Now that i think about it, adding smell descriptions would be good, too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast