Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How early can i clone?

Blog Entries

Arrow How early can i clone?

how early can i clone a plant in vegetative stage that is growing under (2) 15w Cool white florescent 18'' strip lights. i just want to be able to tell the sex of the plant as soon as possible.

Re: how early can i clone?

I would wait and put the seedlings into Flower to determine sex, and clone from there.

Blog Entries

Wingman - if i put he seedling into 12/12 then wouldn't it start to show sex right away? then i wouldn't have to clone it to tell the sex.

so like 3 to 4 nodes high is ok to clone?

You want to wait. so you know if its male or female.no since in cloning a male.and yes 3-4 nodes down for a clone that meens a branch or top if you are going to top the plant.you want to wait a little bit if its from seed.about 8 nodes high for topping.so you get a plant thats about 4-5 nodes high.heres what they look like when you do this.
    two of my girls.GOOD LUCK!

420 Member

they usually show their own sex i feel its best to let your plants mature naturally seeming as the males wont be an issue right away anyway just let them go. no point in speeding up the process. switching to 12/12 yeah sure theyll show the sex but why would you mess with their light shedule like that? then you gotta go back to veg if you didnt wanna flower yet in the first place and to me that confuses my plants ive seen that make hermies.. heres an odd theory when i start seedlings i always put a couple female clones around them,my seedlings 9/10 times turn female. plus ive seen ppl take clones sex them get the moms/clones confused and cut the mom n flower the male XD hahaha ppl are funny anyway thats my two cents.

Nor*cal

420 Member

ive taken clones from a two foot plant been vegged for a month before so idk it was under a 1000w though. depends your strain... seed or clone... how tall how many branches... what kinda light its under..
    how much of growth % your trying to take off. i recommend just water no nutes for 3 days before you clone and mist moms at beginning of light cycle for three days before you cut this ensure they store the energy needed for roots hope i helped and better answered you ? that time

Nor*caL

Blog Entries

I haven't even germinated the seeds yet I'm trying to get some feedback before I do. What a pain in the ass though I think ima just go with fem. Seeds

420 Member

well feminized seeds the moms are sprayed with a chemical and the bud isnt even consumable off that plant so to me thats not something i want seeds from :p
    plus if its a desired strain i like to take a clone of the most desired male root it and chop the males down so i have a male for seed production... cant beat a stockpile of high grade seeds.just a thought..a seperate room with a little 250 or something works amazing bud em out for a seed production room.. just be careful not to seed your main crop

Nor*caL

420 Member

they should show sex on their own in two months of veg give or take..

i got blue dragon seedlings a foot tall right now monsterous plants
    only two almost three weeks old under a 250 mh

Blog Entries

so your telling me all the people that harvest from feminized seeds dont have consumable bud? come on, sounds like b/s.

Nor-cal if I grow from seed I to let nature take her course. Clones should only be taken from a female why would any body clone without knowing. It don't make since.
    so yes you are totally right.

Blog Entries

I thought people cloned to determine sex. Obviously I was wrong

420 Member

no no no not what i meant i meant the moms that they spray with the toxic chemicals to produce the seeds in question you would not be able to amoke the herb produced by that plant.bacause most chemicals used to create female seeds are highly toxic. the bud produced from the seeds from that plant are fine.

Nor*caL

420 Member

you can always light poison clones to hermie n seed itself thats said to have feminized seeds produced i never tried it though... but from what i gather they spray females clones so theres no male chromozomes in them with collaidal silver or several other variations and they hermie and reproduce just female seeds.

420 Member

and your not wrong ppl can clone to determine sex.

i just prefer the patient route

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast