Thread: Starting clones in 12/12

420 Member

Starting clones in 12/12

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I did research extensively and came up with nothing.

I was wondering what would happen if you took clones and went straight to 12/12 rather then reverting them back to a vegatative state? I mean, seems as though people are using 1212 from seed and getting good results. so what would the outcome be?

Re: starting clones in 12/12

I would think it would be advisable that you root them for 2 weeks first before you switch the lights to 12/12. Other then that I don't see any problems with skipping a veg period.
    Outcome would be smaller plants with fewer/smaller branches. You should end up with similar results as a plant grown from seed on a 12/12 schedule. You should get a denser cola due to the staggered nodes of an older clone then a plant grown from seed. Keep us posted of your results in this thread if ya don't mind!

I think even if you start at 12/12 with fresh cuttings they will stop all growth and take the time to establish a root system no matter the light cycle.
    Give Us Freedom

Clones need time to root...anywhere from 7-14 days. After they root then yes you can put them into flowering. A veg period is not really needed techinically, unless you want bigger plants.

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner tintala's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did this with a clone straight into flower, it worked! It took what it could get and rooted, flowered, and became quite the specimenm the best looking plant in my garden , but way smaller, i think it got to 15 inches high. but yeah it works.

420 Member

tintala, any pics of your experiment?

Blog Entries

I've placed clones directly into 12/12 and have had good results. No problems.
    I am quality control for all my medical needs

"When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet." Bob Marley

hi every1. im growing 2 and have kept 12 12 all the way from seed. its 6 weeks in and there gorgeous, imagine a mini me plant

sadly not, i did have a problem with leaf curling and put up some pics @ --------, but i cud put some pics up on monday?

hey again, yeh they started to curl under then got really bad but now there on there way back (i hope lol) how the fuck do i attatch pics to the reply? says i may not post attachments? cheers

oh ok, i sorted it. take a look @ CheeseFarmer Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

light alway 2-3 inch from top an i water ever 3-4 days, how do they look? being my 1st grow?

i try to keep soil moist-ish, btw, approx how long from first hairs to ready for havest?