California: 30 Arrested At Large Marijuana Grow Warehouse

Jacob Redmond

For sheriff deputies, it was the largest pot bust of the county's current marijuana season after raiding a large-scale, "nursery-style" marijuana grow Thursday morning in Delano.

The raid led to the arrest of 30 individuals of Laotian descent and the seizure of 2,600 pounds of partially processed marijuana, worth an estimated street value of over $2.6 million, and 49 pounds of fully processed marijuana, worth a projected $50,000. *edit*

"We're just happy with this investigation," said Sheriff Mike Boudreaux at a Friday press conference. "It resulted in no one being injured and we were able to get this marijuana seized and it's not going to reach the streets of Tulare County."

Sixty personnel from multiple agencies at roughly 8 p.m. served a search warrant at a property in the 1900 block of Road 112 after a sheriff's airplane in late January found the 60-acre property, lined with numerous green houses, suspicious. It was determined marijuana was being grown at the site.

Along 10 acres of the property, officials on Thursday found more than 49 "nursery-style" green houses filled with marijuana plants up to 6-feet in height, Boudreaux said.

"Imagine going to a local nursery to pick out a plant," the sheriff said of the environment of the grow site. "It was very unique for Tulare County."

Thirty-one suspects were found at the compound and 30 were arrested for illegal cultivation of marijuana.

One suspect suffered from a medical condition and was detained and later released. They will potentially face charges, Boudreaux said.

Only a few of the suspects are believed to be county residents, with the majority having Fresno addresses. Some though are from as far away as Merced, Long Beach and Philadelphia.

Somlit Phasouk, 44, is from the Tulare area and Boonlor Patnuvong, 46, is from the Earlimart region.

The operation was unique in that it was so sprawling, Boudreaux said.

Because it resembled an agricultural operation and was situated in a rural area, it was not easily conspicuous as a place where illegal operations were taking place.

"I think they did a fantastic job at making it look as if it was an agricultural operation," Boudreaux said. "I think they felt very comfortable and that's the reason for the very size of this."

The operation was also unique to the county because of the large quantity of suspects of Laotian descent, Boudreaux said.

"Arguably because of the presence they're feeling in Fresno County, they felt comfortable in Tulare County," he said. "Here in Tulare County we absolutely won't put up with this."

It is believed the grow site had been operating for a minimum of one year. It is not yet known where the marijuana was going.

The investigation is still ongoing and more arrests are expected, Boudreaux said.

Sheriff's officials originally reported the operation was conducted in Alpaugh.

13947.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: 30 arrested at nursery-style marijuana grow in Delano
Author: Stephanie Weldy
Photo Credit: Rodger Bosch

man how awful. A grow license for 30 people..? here in LA,, thats $3,000 bucks! why it would only cover 3,000 plants..? life aint fair. It really does suck and so does Kern County beware. I think no matter who you are checking the community first might be worth while. Which really is why I am here. So I was offended they said "nursery style" and "illegal" shortly there after. Of course its going to be nursery style and I didn't think I thought of it first either. So somebody help me out here. I know in the past the games they play and still try. Where is good for us? AND is this nursery style good or no good? Cause I know the solar angle I am looking for and have a head start on my art... next year they can blow it right? But nursery style good/not good? dagnabit...

just when I decided a roof top is more classy and pleasing than a hole in the ground. I wouldn't want to climb down there all day how can I expect anyone else to. O another question, is it just because it was illegally grown, too much count, or they don't like it that they complained about the amount seized? I understand when he bragged it he didn't like it. But I am a retired construction pro and looking at this angle i see 500lbs per year easy grown professionally per card. my sales studies has 66 cards 250 employees most of which are security. is this quantity an issue with them?

and before you point the obvious to me i already know i will be stuck with the first years worth or more before it is even all going. and don't get yer hopes up i would still only clear one card, everyone is on salary lucky them... lol just tell me now.

knowing the cops that do bust they probably add it up per gram all the way up like they always used to back in the day. I used to laugh at street value because i wish i could clear that. (back in the day) I am new in weed but not in professional business. For the market they have top shelf, middle, and bottom. IF you have your sunlight #K right and enough UVB,,, plus someone knows you do from reputation/experience,, and everything goes well you might (overtime) get top shelf for it. At wholesale you'd be lucky to see better than $1,500 per Lb. I imagine most two season growers reach middle shelf on average. Don't nobody know you, more importantly nobody know you know... I was ragging my store one day four years ago over the #5 gr bags. A chick had a pound in her shirt to sell the store. She wouldn't part with it for $635. He told me next if I had a pound without looking at it he could go $635. I did my math at $500 to be safe. Street value bottom shelf puts at $2,240 top shelf at $8,960 from a cop point of view.. they think like this. they couldn't hold me on a misdemeanor vandalism, so they lied and said the damages were higher for felony... I did 1 year 3 mos on a seventy dollar piece of wood some teenager busted up. Because he indicated me. I never had any trouble until I went good...

Now I am in here to find out where i am supposed to set up shop and where not to. ANYBODY? And is the nursery gig not good? Mine was/is designed to return to normal when I move off again. Thought i would add feedstore/auction and support a community as I pull out. I have a couple alternate ideas. The main aspect i see is the laws of zoning require an A-1 for this venture. Knowing the po po they wont tell you that until the day it nails you in court. FYI an operation closed said the third year in raid the cops/IRS said film/record it and we might believe you. (film the whole site entrance/exits) They didn't say that the first year. FYI

Grows such as this are the reason that Marijuana isn't legal in California yet!!! C'mon this isn't for medical use it's part of the Lao-Viet-Hmong Mafia's. They deserve to be taken down so maybe this will serve as a warning to other organized crime groups not to ply there illegal operations in California.This is the type of grow that is pumped so full of chemicals for a fast harvest that it isn't safe to smoke. You'd be astonished what's in the plant material if a test was run on it!!!!

I wouldn't smoke or vaporize it

RD :morenutes::morenutes::cough::cough:

Back
Top Bottom