Kraw420's R.O.L.S. Recipe

kraw420

Hello :420: and welcome.

I am going to let you all in on my Recycled Organic Living Soil recipe. The objective with true organic mixes is to feed the soil, getting away from the notion we must force feed our plants a synthetic diet. By adding these organic amendments, we are allowing microbial activity to ensue and balances out the soil over time. The by product creates a perfect environment for root growth, which translates into robust overall plant growth as well as stronger immunity (i.e. disease resistance). Additional benefits from using ROLS include increased potency in the final product, coupled with full spectrum of flavour and aromatic qualities in a particular strain. Buds grown in living soil have higher trichome density and tarpene content. One of the best reasons to go with this type of soil, is that it can be reused over and over and over again with some amendments, thus reducing our environmental footprint. So, enough said, lets get on with it.

Quantities listed are per 9~12 Cubic FT of Soil
Fish bone meal, 5 lbs.
Blood meal, 5 lbs.
Alfalfa meal, 3 lbs.
Neem seed meal, 2 lbs.
Feather meal, 3 lbs.
Green sand, 2-3 lbs.
Fish meal, 1-2 lbs.
Soybean meal, 3 lbs.
Kelp meal, 3 lbs.
Rock Phosphate, 3 lbs.
Bark mulch, 2 lbs.
Indonesian bat guano, 5 lbs.
Mexican bat guano, 5 lbs.
Earthworm castings, 15-20 lbs.
Epsom salt, 1/2 cup
Powdered mycorrhizae, 1/2cup
Granular humic acids, 1/8 cup
Dolomite lime, 1/2 cup
Azomite, 3/4 cup

When it comes to mixing and using the soil, I like to spread it out about 6 to 12 inches in depth and then sprinkle the amendment's evenly over the soil. Next, mix it all up thoroughly, and just when you think your done mixing and your arms are going to fall off, keep mixing, and then mix some more. Store the mixture in large bins or totes or large plastic trash cans with lids. Moisten the soil in your storage bin with 1/2 gallon to a gallon or so of non-chlorinated water. You may wish to also at this time add a tablespoon of unsulfured molasses to kick start the microbial activity. Cover your soil with the lid and let it "cook" for 30 - 60 days.
Enjoy and :peace:

Back
Top Bottom