Organic Soil Mix

iGROW

I want to grow my plant from seedling to flowering using the same soil. What organic soils are good to use? I checked out Foxfarm planting soil and fertilizers but dont know if they are good to use. thanks for the help

Like hightide said.. as far as growing with soil, if you cant make your own compost, then foxfarms is top notch.. however unless you want to go organic, you can get better nutes, as foxfarm's soil is their butter, their nutes arent as good or renowned as the soil

what do you use drojo?
i like the bio-canna series,
i do like the fox farm additives, like open sesame, and bestie bloomz

i use ocean ocean forrest and light warrior with 1/3 perlite.. however.. i've borrowed some of my buddies soil for one of my plants, its by a company called hydroponex(but its soil), and ummm the soil is way cheaper and i cant tell the difference between ff and hydroponex... i can tell the diff between MG and FF but this soil is really friggin good.. it doesnt have as much nutes and guano as ff, so i did have to start feeding after 1 week, however it seems to be doing really good with the addition of perlite..

i also have to say that i've seen him transplant into MG soil and after the transplant shock the plants actually took off, MG is far too hard for seedlings or young mary j plants but mature outdoor plants seem to do just fine

note: never ever ever transplant from ff to MG... neeeeeeeever

Ok Ill use fox farm planting soil. I do want to stay organic, so what nutrients should i use? i also want to get the best yield possible. any suggestions appreciated

I have used the ff soils and their ferts with much success....... on the FOX FARM website is the SOIL fert schedule that shows you ALL you will need to know for fert ratios and light regement. Follow that schedule and keep your fert solution adjusted to 6.3 to 6.5 and you will see the results you are looking for. A few notes....... WATCH your temp.....ph. I also mist my girls with a solution of seeweed and coco wet this will help the plants with building strong leaves and stems but more important will help the plant with fighting off any insect infestation such as spider mites....... FOX FARM ferts are organic easy to use and work very well

Added to a gallon of H20 1 oz MAXICROP....... 1/4tsp coco wet....... 1/2 tbls molasses..... then adjust ph to 6.3 to 6.5 this is to be used on the plants only until the buds start to form spraying after buds are forming could cause some mold problems so when my plants start the flowering/budding phase I ONLY spray the FAN leaves and aviod wetting the buds..... hope this helps you my friend..... good growing and stay safe
MrCloner420

Ok i think i understand a bit now. Which fert is the best or recommended from FF? also how do i check my soil pH and how do i adjust the pH of the ferts?

you can buy soil ph testers that will tell you what the ph level is at.. You an also buy the ph strips and test the runoff (drained water). To adjust the ph level, you can get products that are called ph up and ph down and follow the instructions on them for raising and lowering your ph. Your ph level is very critical as it determines if your plant can absorb the nutrients or not.

I use the following mix:

1 part personal compost (making sure its in a humus state and stable!)
2 parts Happy Frog
1 part Ocean Forest
Perlite (not much... its pretty expensive after a while!)

Keep a few things in mind when growing organically...

1. Healthy microbial life is the aim, not just N-P-K values. It is of far greater significance to inject more LIFE into the soil and plant than to add nutrients. Nutrients are a result of life-forming processes, not the other way around! Just like many flies are in your home because of the environment, the flies don't make the home dirty.... they are there because your home is dirty! So buy some veg guano and flower guano (cause they are FILLED WITH LIFE, add them to dechlorinated water, aerate it with an aquarium pump, and FEED THE LIFE WITH UNSULFURED MOLASSES OR REAL HONEY. You will see bubbles that turn into foam. This is the healthy microbial life that will turn any sick garden into an Eden!

2. Try to be as comprehensive in your approach to agriculture. Although most gardeners seem to be confined to profit-margin analyses and may produce some heavily crystallized buds in vast quantitites, a significant difference exists between the marijuana of a commercialized agriculturalist and an organic agriculturalist. There are many cosmic influences affecting all life in the cosmos and it is wise to understand them and use them in concert with plants. Even dried bud has life living in it!

Some agricultural observations from a cosmic, comprehensive mind-set include:

When is the best time to make clones? Near or at the full moon when the earth is most saturated with water (and most prone for mold).

This is also the best time to harvest your crop (if the trichomes are near-ready). ALL ABOVE GROUND CROPS HAVE A MUCH LONGER SHELF LIFE AND VITALITY WHEN PICKED AT A FULL MOON, not only pot!!! Of course, pick it early in the morning on the day of the full moon.

Morning bird calls open the stomata on plants, NOT JUST LIGHT! Vegetation is much more lush where birds are in abundance so you may want to play "nature music" for your plants, or classical music (Indian classical music is based on cosmic and earthly rhythms and have been proven to be among the best music for plant growth-they will actually lean towards the music!) Ultrasound technology exists out there that simulate bird frequencies to open stomata and are relatively unknown!

Futhermore, you scientists and lovers of reefers KNOW that heavy rain storms are the most beneficial environments for your plants. Have you noticed them "prepare" for the storm? How can they sense it? Is it possible that the storm is manifesting at a particular frequency and that the plants respond by opening all it is they have to taking in the nutrients of the storm (which include higher CO2 from lightning)?

Everything in creation has an immaterial basis, a basis of sound (I know it sounds crazy but its true). Colors vibrate at a particular frequencies, wood tables at another, etc. All of this converts to sound and sound is the precursor for physical reality. Once you understand this, you will be far beyond 99% of most pot-growers. For then, you will be studying storms and figuring their frequencies and creating sound files on frequency generators that are free on the internet. Your plants will love it, just as they love any gentle, caring, and loving voice. YES- THEY DO RESPOND TO SOUND AND EVEN THOUGHTS. CHECK OUT DR. EMOTO'S RESEARCH ON WATER'S MEMORY AND YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!

If any of you have ever been curious about these things, don't hesitate to ask me!

biodynamic: great intro, toke for you :grinjoint:

Did anybody try to add diluted nettle tea to seeding mix?
I'm just about to finish my current grow (7th week) and thinking about another one :smokin:

Morning bird calls open the stomata on plants, NOT JUST LIGHT! Vegetation is much more lush where birds are in abundance so you may want to play "nature music" for your plants, or classical music (Indian classical music is based on cosmic and earthly rhythms and have been proven to be among the best music for plant growth-they will actually lean towards the music!) Ultrasound technology exists out there that simulate bird frequencies to open stomata and are relatively unknown!

Everything in creation has an immaterial basis, a basis of sound (I know it sounds crazy but its true). Colors vibrate at a particular frequencies, wood tables at another, etc. All of this converts to sound and sound is the precursor for physical reality. Once you understand this, you will be far beyond 99% of most pot-growers. For then, you will be studying storms and figuring their frequencies and creating sound files on frequency generators that are free on the internet. Your plants will love it, just as they love any gentle, caring, and loving voice. YES- THEY DO RESPOND TO SOUND AND EVEN THOUGHTS. CHECK OUT DR. EMOTO'S RESEARCH ON WATER'S MEMORY AND YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!

If any of you have ever been curious about these things, don't hesitate to ask me!

Back in the late 70's I went to this old timers house, a friend of the family since I was a wee one, and I almost tripped over a two foot long cola growing at the foot of the path - just one big bud. He smiled at my reaction and beckon me to follow him inside. Hanging upside down in the closet was a complete plant. fully trimmed with its pulled roots in a bag so the residual dirt would not make a big mess. The smell was powerful and permeated the whole house. It was the BEST weed I ever smoked. All the weed I have smoked before or since that day has paled in comparison.

Sitting around smoking a joint one day I asked him his "secret:" How was he able to grow such good dope? He looked at me and said, "I talk to my plants. Plants know if you love and care about them or not, so I tell them how special they are." At the time I gave a stoner's giggle - not scoffing but not buying it either. Now that I am a little older and wiser I am coming to believe there is something to sound and other environmental factors that make the plant "feel a sense of well being." Its beyond CO2, light and other important factors into the realm of unseen wavelengths and unheard frequencies.

Plants know.

:thanks::peace:

I would have to agree... the problem is this: in today's age the human's perception is incredibly limited; much more limited than in the past centuries, nay, the past millenium. We live in a materialistic society that seems to reduce everything in creation down to measurable and minute physical reactions. The scientific processes are noble in their attempts, yet deeply flawed in their limited theories; they are not comprehensive and do not see reality as it is: a total and constant movement. As such, scientists of today's mainstream are really fumbling around in the dark. They are able to come up with hormone manipulations that may work in their limited purposes but have no idea about the ramifications that could occur to the TOTALITY of the plant.

Interestingly enough, most indoor gardeners are still using individual pots! Has anybody ever wondered about the benefits of shared soil troughs as opposed to individual pots? I brought this possibility to an experienced, non-organic grower and his reaction was pitiful: that the plants would fight for nutrients and that their root systems intertwining would be of great detriment.

LMFAO!!!! Has anybody ever seen a farm fight against itself for nutrients? Doesn't the root system of grass communicate with trees and other plants? Do they really "FIGHT" each other? Or do they communicate and actually SHARE information, nutrients, and processes? Have you ever heard of companion planting? Roses love growing with garlic, basil loves tomatoes, squash-greenbeans-corn are amazing together.

How about this- get a Strawberry Cough clone and build a little bed for it (6-7 gallons). Go to your nursery and get a few strawberry plants. Grow them side by side in shared soil and it is very possible, nay, likely that the strawberries will exchange valuable and desirable information with the Strawberry Cough.

If you plant a red rose bush by a white rose bush....has anybody ever seen this? What will happen is the white rose bush will actually sprout a significant amount of PINK ROSES; because plants communicate with each other. And an individualized pot is quite unnatural when one understands nature comprehensively and as a totality.

REMEMBER: the material manifests out of the immaterial; what do you think is more important? That we measure the visible, measurable end of the process or that we understand what gives rise to the visible and measurable?

Of course, the former is much easier... it is very easy to go to the store, buy nutrients, and follow a program like a prescribed and rigid treatment, or becoming super-sensitive and aware of plants and their metaphysical origins?

If this interests any organic gardener, I highly suggest you read Rudolf Steiner and his courses on Agriculture. The Agriculture Course

HE HAD THE FIRST RESPONSE TO THE DEGRADATION OF LIFE IN CROPS AS A RESULT OF COMMERCIALIZED AGRICULTURE. It's called Biodynamic Agriculture. If you are close-minded and a materialist, don't waste your time. He was also a sculptor, architect, scientist, doctor, teacher, philosopher etc. His schools in the US are the WALDORF schools

Interestingly enough, most indoor gardeners are still using individual pots! Has anybody ever wondered about the benefits of shared soil troughs as opposed to individual pots?

Great perspective. I grow indoors using 4x8 grow tent which seems to limit virtually everything. Growing in 4' long shared troughs would be nice but its too heavy and unwieldy, particularly once the plants get over 2 feet. So I guess I am stuck in root pots.

The Rudolf Steiner book looks interesting.

:peace:

I got a question that Maybe you can answer. I'm a new grower who is starting his first grow this spring. I really want to grow organically and have been researching a organic supersoil that contains all the ingredients needed for the entire grow with only ph'd water needed. Here is a list of the ingredients: 4 bags of base soil(organic potting soil),5 to 10 kg of worm castings,1 kg blood meal,1 kg bloom bat guano,1 kgsteamed bone meal,.75 kg rock phosphate,1/8 cup Epson salts,1/4 cup azomite, 1/2 cup dolomite, and 1 tbsp of powered humidity acid.

In your opinion is this a organic soil that will provide all the nutes needed for an entire grow. Is there anything I can add. Is there anything I should take out. Please help with any suggestions

Ok Ill use fox farm planting soil. I do want to stay organic, so what nutrients should i use? i also want to get the best yield possible. any suggestions appreciated

if you want to stay organic you shouldn't be using any nutrients.. the only thing organic about synthetic nutes is they are carbon based.. but that's about it.

You should be amending your soil, and using compost and botanical teas.. feed the soil not the plant.

this is my experience from supersoil:

Subcools super soil can be just add water yes, if you mix it with the right ingredients. However like I said above most people still water with Molasses, Compost Teas, and Botanical teas when using supersoil.

I got a question that Maybe you can answer. I'm a new grower who is starting his first grow this spring. I really want to grow organically and have been researching a organic supersoil that contains all the ingredients needed for the entire grow with only ph'd water needed. Here is a list of the ingredients: 4 bags of base soil(organic potting soil),5 to 10 kg of worm castings,1 kg blood meal,1 kg bloom bat guano,1 kgsteamed bone meal,.75 kg rock phosphate,1/8 cup Epson salts,1/4 cup azomite, 1/2 cup dolomite, and 1 tbsp of powered humidity acid.

In your opinion is this a organic soil that will provide all the nutes needed for an entire grow. Is there anything I can add. Is there anything I should take out. Please help with any suggestions

No, but there's a lot you can take away :hookah:

squash, greenbeens, and corn the epitome of companion planting known as the 3 sisters garden.. they freaking ROCK! just built my 3 sisters garden this year.. a 10x10 plot of epicness :) it also is on top of where my chicken run use to be.. should be in for a bumper crop this year.

As i learn more about cannabis and growing i'm more intrigued by LOS growing and companions that will go with it. I talk to my plants too. Hopefully it hears me and loves me as much as i love them.

Back
Top Bottom