Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Trying To Decide On A Vaporizer

Re: Trying to decide on a vaporizer.

I bought a vapor oxygen mini; it does the job but I've only used it for about 3 months and I don't think that I would buy another one. I am thinking of buying a volcano but now that I have read the reviews I think I might buy an herbalaire. I just wish it was as easy to find info on buying a grow setup; I am having a heck of a time just looking for serious reviews on LED lighting vs. other forms of lighting (as far as yield and potency are concerned). I've been reading for 3 days now and still aren't any closer to making up my mind on what I want to buy.

~~2010 Plant of the Year~~ Plant of the Month Winner (Aug 10') Odin's Avatar

In terms of stationary, or at home only vaporizers, there are really only two choices in my opinion. These are the only two out of all the vapes I have tried that I liked, seems to be built well and last, and worked good.

If money is no object - Volcano hands down.

If you are on a budget - Vapor Brothers hands down.

In terms of portable vapes, I have yet to use one I liked all that much. So not much to offer from me in that department. My vaporizer is "at home only" device for me. I have a Vaporbrothers. You can get a really nice glass on glass VB with a digital temp gauge for around $100-150.

At the very least if you go out on a limb and try either of those, I highly doubt you will be dissapointed in either. If I could justify the cost of a Volcano, I would definitely get one.

what's the difference between herbalaire and vapor brothers?

I will cast a vote for the extreme. That is what I have and I love it. You can use it with the whip or fill ballons. I like that it is adjustable, but most in that price range are.

I got one after trying my buddies and several other people I know have switched to it after trying it.

I also have the iolite for a portable model. I like it a lot for what it is, but prefer my extreme.

You can buy a battery for the extreme, but I wouldn't want to haul it around. I would be afraid the glass parts would bust.

~~2010 Plant of the Year~~ Plant of the Month Winner (Aug 10') Odin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldthumber View Post
    what's the difference between herbalaire and vapor brothers?
    Well I had never heard of the Herbalaire until you mentioned it, so I looked it up. It actually looks like a pretty cool device. More options than the Vaporbrothers, but double the price of the VB as well.

Basically it seems like a Vaporbrothers with the option of using a bag (like a volcano). No experience with it, but it seems worth checking out. The VB only gives you the option to use a whip, but it is a tried and true design that works and lasts.

Talking Re: Trying to decide on a vaporizer.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal-med View Post
    I will cast a vote for the extreme. That is what I have and I love it. You can use it with the whip or fill ballons. I like that it is adjustable, but most in that price range are.

I got one after trying my buddies and several other people I know have switched to it after trying it.

I also have the iolite for a portable model. I like it a lot for what it is, but prefer my extreme.

You can buy a battery for the extreme, but I wouldn't want to haul it around. I would be afraid the glass parts would bust.
    Hey nor,
    Thanks for the input.
    Who makes the extreme or what is the website where I can read about it. I am still thinking of the herbalair as I think I would like the taste coming from glass better than mostly plastic but that is just my thinking right now. I still haven't made up mind so I would like to study some more (and I need to save up for such an expensive purchase)
    I prefer to Vape but I can make a decent pipe out of lamp parts and a faucet screen for about 7 bucks here in Alaska.

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldthumber View Post
    Who makes the extreme or what is the website where I can read about it.
    Arizer makes it.

A quick check of some of this site's sponsors and I was able to see Extreme products at three different retailers. Always check our sponsors.
    Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

I saw them at Kustom Kulture, VapeNow, and VaporStore. There may be others.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Another highly satisfied customer of the Extreme from Arizer here!

I've had it for quite some time and even use it occasionally to quick cure test buds. A very reasonable price for what you get and it has a remote.

But seriously, I love it and if I had to upgrade or for some reason i broke it, I would go for them again.

The magic flight launch box brodie... that's my lil buddy all day long.
    "Happiness is a quiet room." -Stoney

I have 3 vaporizers so far - SSV, Volcano, and Iolite (also thinking of getting a LaunchBox), and my favorite is the SSV. Iolite makes too much noise, with it's hissing, and the Volcano is a PITA having to fill bags - the vapor gets stale and the bags/filling is noisy. Just my opinion....YMMV

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

Believe it or not, lol, there are plenty of people that consume cannabis for reasons that are not primarily to get high.

But... Different actives in cannabis vaporize at different temperatures. Have you tried setting your vaporizer to a higher temperature and/or inhaling slower? And are you grinding your cannabis up really fine?
    RaysDad likes this.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Slims View Post
    The magic flight launch box brodie... that's my lil buddy all day long.
    ^^
    this
    best purchase i've made in years.

tiny, portable, heats in seconds, 100% stealth, no lighter needed, lifetime warranty and a super-cool company.

if you ain't checked one out you owe yourself.

Re: Trying to decide on a vaporizer

Volcano.
    RaysDad likes this.

ive had my volcano well over 2 years, its not a digital one, they just released those at the time and were almost 300$ more, so i passed on the digi.

but i love the volcano. the only complaint (aside from price) is that the bags are large and the vapor will go stale after a couple minutes... easy fix, dont fill the bag all the way up if you cant clear it in a couple minutes. also, some meds taste absolutely exquisite out of the volcano, really brings out some of those flavors.

RaysDad likes this.

I have quite a collection of vaporizers. It depends on how often you'll use it, if it needs to be portable, if it needs to be stealthy... cost.

I have a Volcano, an Iolite, a Launch box, a Vapor Genie, a Myrtle Zap, and my first $10 light bulb with glass straw gadget.

Here's my experience with these as a medical user. You might wont to read this to help you decide what kind you might need by what it is useful for or more important how different types meet different needs!

Why does no one vaporize?
    Pain drives me Insane!, in case U were wondering.

my gallery (some day I will finish it)
    http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/s...p?ppuser=74495

BTW, All of my statements are lies and my photos borrowed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast