Trying To Decide On A Vaporizer

BizzaroSpoony

I've been researching online for a couple of days, but I'm not quite sure what to get yet. I'm leaning towards the Vaporstar or the Vapor Genie since they're cheaper and portable, but I'm not sure of their quality compared to the electronic vaporizers. Any thoughts?

Re: Trying to decide on a vaporizer.

Any butane powered vape will be harder to get consistent results from vs. an electric model. I've used a VaporGenie and it does work. Haven't used a Vaporstar but have heard positive reports on it. You'll be better off using a torch lighter with either one, instead of a regular lighter. A torch will give you a hotter flame so you don't have to get so close. It burns much cleaner, so it won't deposit any soot. And most importantly for good results, it's a very steady flame. With a butane portable you have to control both air flow and heat, so using a torch lighter makes the heat part a lot easier.

Any butane powered vape will be harder to get consistent results from vs. an electric model. I've used a VaporGenie and it does work. Haven't used a Vaporstar but have heard positive reports on it. You'll be better off using a torch lighter with either one, instead of a regular lighter. A torch will give you a hotter flame so you don't have to get so close. It burns much cleaner, so it won't deposit any soot. And most importantly for good results, it's a very steady flame. With a butane portable you have to control both air flow and heat, so using a torch lighter makes the heat part a lot easier.

Thanks for the advice. I'll consider it.

Welcome to 420 Magazine, BizzaroSpoony! I'm sure you'll find this site helpful.

:bongrip: Peace

Thanks. I've decided on getting the Vaporstar, but I'm trying to find a site that sells it that accepts Paypal. Is there one? A search on eBay yields nothing.

Thanks for the advice. I'll consider it.

Thanks. I've decided on getting the Vaporstar, but I'm trying to find a site that sells it that accepts Paypal. Is there one? A search on eBay yields nothing.

I think you're out of luck with PayPal. Your best bet if you can't use a credit card is debit card, money order, or bank transfer.

I like the Vapor Bros. I've had one for years and it works well. They make a hands free GonG unit now too. :peace:

I think you're out of luck with PayPal. Your best bet if you can't use a credit card is debit card, money order, or bank transfer.

Paypal can now be used to pay for anything from anywhere. Even stores that don't accept paypal. You have them generate a 1 time use 16 digit credit card number for you utilizing your funds from your account. This works online only. Instead of a credit card number you imput the 16 digit number paypal issues you. You have to sign up for it I believe. Check out paypal for info.

When you say "cheap and portable", that pretty much narrows the field by quite a bit, and because of that, you're in the "not really a very good vape" category.

What's your definition of cheap? The Genie and the Vaporstar are very good vapes for what they are. I've got the Genie and it works well once you get the hang of it. Of course it depends on the definition of "not really a very good vape". Is it not really very good compared to the Volcano for consistent vapor? Yeah, and that's why there's $500 price difference. But you can easily get good vapor with it.

Not tryin' to be a VapeSnob (tm) at all, just that I've tried so many over the years, and about all the current models, portable or otherwise.
So you've tried the Vapman? The Vapolution? Both good portables. The Extreme? Vapezilla models? Vaporfection? Evolution? herbalAire? Aromed?I haven't used any of those but the herbalAire and Vapolution, so I'd be interested to know what you think. They're all quality vapes.

If you need portability, that's a pretty good example of what's at the top of the portable vaporizers. Junk.

Why do you consider the Vapir One to be a portable? It's AC only. It's small, sure, but there are a lot of small AC units. Where do you draw the line? Portables are considered to be vapes you can use with butane or a battery. The Oxygen Mini is Vapir's portable, with the same lousy 90 day warranty as their other units.

The top of the portables price-wise is the Volatizer VM3. Have you used that one? $400. Tiny hits. But it's pocket size. The most reliable and best hitting portable is the Vapolution-not pocket size but a very good home vape as well. Been using that and my herbalAire for a long time. Perfectly satisfied with the herbalAire for bag use. It's just as efficient as the Volcano, and I've used a 'cano side by side.

you won't ever break a Volcano by just using it.

If that means it won't fail with normal, proper use, well that's just not true. I've seen one myself that quit and heard of others. Anything electronic can fail. S&B dropped the warranty to 2 years on the Digit for a reason.

The Volcano's great but far from the only option for quality, especially if you don't want your vapor from a bag, and a lot of users don't. I like it both ways myself. :cheesygrinsmiley:

BC Vaporizer (plasticsmith.ca) makes a solar version, but it's not a pocket vape. Since the glass on the vapo pocket vape is going to diffuse the light from the magnifying glass, I don't know if it would work or not.

Why do you think you'd need "a couple 100 bottles of butane"? Seems like a few cans (3 oz size) would last a long time. And for vaporizing, you'd want to use a torch lighter too. Hotter flame for quicker heat up, most important-a steady flame for constant temp and better results, and no carbon (soot) left over to inhale or mess up your vape. A torch and a quality non electric portable like the VaporGenie or Vaporstar would be the best choice if electricity isn't available. The Vapman is a great portable too, but it's $120 or $140, depending on with or without the torch.

Thinking of buying vaporizer. I want to do it right the first time, while getting the best bang(high/flavor) for my buck. Any suggestions.

:peacetwo:I bought a vapor oxygen mini; it does the job but I've only used it for about 3 months and I don't think that I would buy another one. I am thinking of buying a volcano but now that I have read the reviews I think I might buy an herbalaire. I just wish it was as easy to find info on buying a grow setup; I am having a heck of a time just looking for serious reviews on LED lighting vs. other forms of lighting (as far as yield and potency are concerned). I've been reading for 3 days now and still aren't any closer to making up my mind on what I want to buy.:bigtoke:

In terms of stationary, or at home only vaporizers, there are really only two choices in my opinion. These are the only two out of all the vapes I have tried that I liked, seems to be built well and last, and worked good.

If money is no object - Volcano hands down.

If you are on a budget - Vapor Brothers hands down.

In terms of portable vapes, I have yet to use one I liked all that much. So not much to offer from me in that department. My vaporizer is "at home only" device for me. I have a Vaporbrothers. You can get a really nice glass on glass VB with a digital temp gauge for around $100-150.

At the very least if you go out on a limb and try either of those, I highly doubt you will be dissapointed in either. If I could justify the cost of a Volcano, I would definitely get one.

:blunt:

what's the difference between herbalaire and vapor brothers?

I will cast a vote for the extreme. That is what I have and I love it. You can use it with the whip or fill ballons. I like that it is adjustable, but most in that price range are.

I got one after trying my buddies and several other people I know have switched to it after trying it.

I also have the iolite for a portable model. I like it a lot for what it is, but prefer my extreme.

You can buy a battery for the extreme, but I wouldn't want to haul it around. I would be afraid the glass parts would bust.

what's the difference between herbalaire and vapor brothers?

Well I had never heard of the Herbalaire until you mentioned it, so I looked it up. It actually looks like a pretty cool device. More options than the Vaporbrothers, but double the price of the VB as well.

Basically it seems like a Vaporbrothers with the option of using a bag (like a volcano). No experience with it, but it seems worth checking out. The VB only gives you the option to use a whip, but it is a tried and true design that works and lasts.

Back
Top Bottom