Pocket-Vapor Review

Racefan

This is about a new vaporizer I saw on ebay. The VP-600 made in china by pocket-vapor. I really didn't expect much. The buy it now feature was for under $40.00 with free S/H. I brought it home and filled the fuel cartridge. Clicked it and it fired up but wouldn't stay lit. A quick email to the seller, (Doki Tree), fixed this problem. All it took was a fine tuning to the fuel flow. I'm very surprised at the quality of vapor hits I get from this thing. I get a nice brown wrung out herb when done and several dense hits from a small amount of herb. It has what appears to be a ceramic cylinder that the herb disk sits inside of. The ceramic cylinder heats up from the torch flame and vaporizes the herb inside. Very efficient and a great device for travel. It has a lot of what appears to be plastic but I don't taste it in any way. Personally I would recommend this device for med users looking for a cheap vaporizer to travel with or camp with. No power needed and even one handed operation. Yes there are better vapes out there. This isn't a replacement for my tower or h2:1 but it will go with me when I go camping or we travel to visit family. Here are some pics. In the last pic it is in the use position with the burner area opened to dissipate heat and allow fumes to escape.
PVAP-VP-600_02.jpg

PVAP-VP-600_05.jpg

I actually just bought one of these two or three days ago and haven't had the chance to use it yet unfortunately. I was just wondering how long I had to heat it up for. So if I put some sticky-icky in there and then pull the trigger, how long do I have to wait before I should start hauling on it? I'm a noob when it comes to vapes.

I was very hesitant about reviewing this unit. Not because of the unit itself. The wife and I just spent all day saturday and sunday at a racetrack and we took took this vaporizer and gave it one hell of a work out! Went through a complete fuel cartridge full of fuel. It works excellent IMO for the type it is. It's not the same as a whip vape as it heats a ceramic tube that the metal filling funnel sits into. This is what you suck through. I myself only inhale after i turn off the flame to assure that I don't get any vapors other than herbal.:cheesygrinsmiley: This vape is really cool, works well and I know it's a winner when the wife gives it a thumbs up and after this last weekend she's looking like Fonzy! (I think I just dated myself:cheesygrinsmiley:)
The reason I was hesitant to review this was because it wasn't a sponsored product and I didn't want to step on any sponsors toes. Sponsors like the VaporStore work their butt off to get return customers and the last thing I'd want to do was steer anyone in a different direction. But if the VaporStore is going to sell these I'll talk them up big time.

Thanks for the review, Racefan
I ran across one of these at a shop in the village this week. I bought it for $50 cash. I was excited-
1) It is very cheap at $50. Probably made in China by slave labor but times are tough for us all.
2) The ceramic heating element intrigued me. I noticed that jetflame doesn't heat the chamber that the material is in, but rather a ceramic extension that allows you to draw hot air into the material. It is convection heat rather than conduction and that produces some very high quality vapors.
3) It is highly portable as it uses butane. No charge time. No wires. No loss of battery capacitance over time.
4) Did I mention it was only $50?

I also had one real big concern-

It is primarily made of plastic. I was concerned about vapors from the plastic undoing the benefits of not smoking. Indeed the plastic area above the ceramic heating element gets pretty warm. I have whiffed a little plastic a couple of times but not tasted any. I also noticed that the air draw is from BELOW the area that gets warm so I am pretty sure that the vapors are unaffected. That being said I let it cool down between refills for 5-10 minutes and that seems to alleviate the issue.

I also cut the included whip in half making one-handed operation possible.

After thoroughly "testing" the unit I can say I am pleased with the Pocket-Vapor. It's a good vape and offers a low barrier of entry to portable vaping (i.e. it's cheap). Should be safe if used properly. Very simple construction. Low maintenance and quick start up to high quality vapes.

Hope this helps.

I just recently ordered one on ebay just got it in thur, either im bad at pressing a trigger or I just got a bad butane tank, the small plastic clip the trigger hits on the butane tank broke on my unit, has anyone else had this problem with this product when they first bought it?

Yes, the same for me. It didn't make it a week before the plastic clip broke. It was used quite a bit in those couple of days, but breaking so quickly surprised us. We've requested a replacement, and we'll order extras for the next time, since this seems to be a little problem with the design.

All in all I am happy with the vaporizor. I wasn't great at figuring out the right temperature. I wasted some great herb, but I got it down after a few days. For the price, it works great. I can't wait to get it going again.

Good vaping :hippy:

i just broke my clip tonight. On Ebay you can find the replacement tank for CHEAP$$:ganjamon: ...i also have had the problem of not being able to keep the jet flame alive long enough. It took me a good 15 mins of constant adjusting and wasting fuel but i finally got it down to perfection and after 1 click im on my way to the moon :]:yummy:

Does anyone know if they sell the butane replacement cartridges in any stores or can they only be ordered on line?

Does anyone know if they sell the butane replacement cartridges in any stores or can they only be ordered on line?

Read the post above. i just ordered 2 of them. better safe than sorry they cost less than 10$ so buy more than one and happy vaping!

You can also support 420magazine's sponsors.

420 Magazine - Sponsors

The Vaporstore offers 420 members a 10% discount. He can also answer any questions you may have about the pocket vapor, or any other vaporizer. And yes, order a couple replacement cartridges, you'll be glad you did.

Peace and good vaping :hippy:

Being someone who has not yet vap'd I was wondering...

When you vape do you still get the taste of the bud?
Is it more efficient/effective then smoking normal?

I understand the health benefit over smoking so I am interested in that aspect. I just see that most vaporizors are complicated and seem cumbersome to use. Not to mention expensive.

Thanks

Thank u kitty,Im not happy the smoke shop i got it from does'nt no any good, they schould sell them on site. I realy dont want to deal with e bay. It looks like a lighter that could rig.Anyways , im new here and i was very thankful for this site last night. Thank u all

for the price of one butane cart i bought 2 off the eletronic bay . and the vaporizer cost half that of 69$ but i do support sponsors <3 happy hand held vaping!
Pocket Vapor - VP-600 - Butane Filling Chamber - $9.95
Pocket Vapor - VP-600 - Portable Vaporizer - $69.00

Being someone who has not yet vap'd I was wondering...

When you vape do you still get the taste of the bud?
Is it more efficient/effective then smoking normal?

Thanks
when i vape (all i use is the vp-600) i get a "green" taste. I taste what my bud smells like. thats just me BUT the longer u leave the jet flame on the toastier it becomes so after a while i end up "smoking" :p

Hey guys, first time we used it we were baked after on hit, but im wondering if you guys could help me with some problems i had later on

1. We could hear the butane flowing when we clicked it, but it wouldnt ignite. All we saw was a quick jet of flame and then it stopped.

2. If you close it while its still hot will it melt the plastic?

3. How long should you heat it for?

4. Can you inhale with the flame on?

5. How bad of a smell does it leave? Could i use it in my room with parents around?

Thanks

Hey guys, first time we used it we were baked after on hit, but im wondering if you guys could help me with some problems i had later on

1. We could hear the butane flowing when we clicked it, but it wouldnt ignite. All we saw was a quick jet of flame and then it stopped.

2. If you close it while its still hot will it melt the plastic?

3. How long should you heat it for?

4. Can you inhale with the flame on?

5. How bad of a smell does it leave? Could i use it in my room with parents around?

Thanks
1. Adjust your flame. Go super slow and turn the flame height adjust just a wee bit each time. once you hit the sweet spot it will work well. I had to ask the guy who sold me mine about this too.

2. Why take the chance and let it cool off before you use it?

3. Till vapor is produced. Too long and you will burn your herb. Too short and no vaporization happens.

4. For some reason when I try to inhale with the flame on the flame goes out.

5. If you're hiding this from your parents you're too young to use it and if that's the case we are through talking here.

Aight thanks guys, and yes i am 18, but i still live with my parents and they get all pissy with me when i smoke at home, and its just not pleasant

Back
Top Bottom