Pardon the newbie

GenYHippie

Another noob question from me :p. But in the process of looking for a pen vaporizer I am having issues. Since none are openly advertised for MJ they don't give a lot of detail. If it says that a pen can do oil and wax does that mean it can do PG or glycerin? I am looking for a good quality versatile pen for a non-smoker.

I am still learning what works for me and don't want to toss $80 - $100 dollars into something im not sure I will use all the time.

There are so many different types out there it can be confusing. For wax/bho and other extracts (hard not liquid) I would suggest getting the glass bubble style top (atomizer) which has a nail/cup that you put the wax into and cover it with the glass dome. Works great, and the tops are replaceable when they break, as well as inexpensive (prob around 25$ for a set of 3).

With this you will also need a battery. Get a larger battery, and the ones with adjustable voltage are nice because for waxes/bho you want the temp/voltage up higher to melt the concentrate, but you can switch tops to a sealed top for liquid (ecig/oil) and then turn down the voltage slightly so you are not burning the oil to hot. The batteries run about 30 bucks and last a solid 4 or 5 months before needing replacement.

This is the route I would recommend, get a good battery, a top for hard/waxy concentrates, and a top for liquid.. then your set for just about everything besides flower/ground herb :)

Also, I see you are in Socal...They have these things everywhere at local tobacco stores and head shops.. Go in and ask the guys for advice, and dont forget to bargin...usually they buy them for pennies on the dollar and have a large markup, so usually there is some wiggle room :)

There are so many different types out there it can be confusing. For wax/bho and other extracts (hard not liquid) I would suggest getting the glass bubble style top (atomizer) which has a nail/cup that you put the wax into and cover it with the glass dome. Works great, and the tops are replaceable when they break, as well as inexpensive (prob around 25$ for a set of 3).

With this you will also need a battery. Get a larger battery, and the ones with adjustable voltage are nice because for waxes/bho you want the temp/voltage up higher to melt the concentrate, but you can switch tops to a sealed top for liquid (ecig/oil) and then turn down the voltage slightly so you are not burning the oil to hot. The batteries run about 30 bucks and last a solid 4 or 5 months before needing replacement.

This is the route I would recommend, get a good battery, a top for hard/waxy concentrates, and a top for liquid.. then your set for just about everything besides flower/ground herb :)

Also, I see you are in Socal...They have these things everywhere at local tobacco stores and head shops.. Go in and ask the guys for advice, and dont forget to bargin...usually they buy them for pennies on the dollar and have a large markup, so usually there is some wiggle room :)

Yes yes very confusing and overwhelming. Thank you so much for the through breakdown :bravo: ! I didn't even know different batteries were available. The only description ive ever seen was either 510 compatible or not.

I really wanted a pen for discretion but im just not finding a suitable one in my price range so I was going to go with the MFLB with the new tray for wax then I could do both but there is no passing that thing off for an e-cig.

I do want to check out some shops here in town but the yelp reviews aren't promising. Many say they were not 420 friendly and were ask rudely to leave the shop :(. I know one place that's friendly as they sell numerous hide-a-cans and glass so that's my first stop. Never noticed vaporizers when I was in before but ive never done this and wouldn't have known what they were at the time. I was shopping with an experianced smoker/eibles person who needed a new stash can since she was getting a roomie.

Didn't know you could haggle lol that's cool!

Back
Top Bottom