Volcano: long time to fill balloon/bag, fan or switch problem?

snack420

Hi 420mag!

I have a question for any other Volcano users out there. I've owned a Volcano for a few years now and it's past the 3 year warranty period.

Recently, I noticed it seems to take longer to fill the bag than it did before. (This is for the normal size bags, not the XLs). I timed it and it now takes about 1m30s. I seem to remember it taking between 30s-1m before, as mentioned in the Volcano FAQ here, VOLCANO - FAQ, Infos, Repair service in the section "How do I use the Volcano".

I'm wondering what might be wrong and imagine it must be an issue with the fan that blows the vapor into the bag. I used a special torx screw and unscrewed the housing to look inside, but it appears the fan is inside a casing connected with tubes and I'm not sure I want to take it apart further without really knowing what I'm getting into for fear that I might worsen things.

Has anyone ever run into this issue and repaired or replaced the fan? I'm guessing there might be a buildup of dust which is causing the fan to run slow. If I could find the model or specs for the fan, I could see what I'm dealing with, but I searched online and couldn't find any info on that or replacement parts other than replacement switches, which I'm guessing are not related, but I suppose could be. The switches being the heat switch and the fan switch. Could the fan switch be at fault here in a way that would cause the bag to fill slower?

:thanks: so much for any info on this topic! The volcano was very expensive and of course I'd like to try and keep it in tip top shape so it lasts a long time.

:volcano-smiley:

I have recently had problems with slow filling balloons as well. I was thinking there might be a problem with the fan, but It's been one of these problems:
Small holes in the balloon. Try with a new balloon.
The herb chamber needed cleaning. Clean all valve parts with strong alcohol.
I also changed the air intake filter at the bottom.

Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Thanks
nickeluring :goodjob:

Ive just changed the bag had a clean round (although I do clean it regularly) and my bag filled in 52 seconds 1st go and 48 the next! Sorted thanks for the help.

Ive just used my last bag so unconsiously I was hanging on as long as I could and lost my way :p before having to phurchase a need set.

Where is best to buy the bags Ive looked and not sure just to buy easy valve replacement ebay but cheap ones are from China. Yes the quality wont be as good I know but their half price, worth a gamble? or stop been tight and pay £50 plus postage for 6 bags from S&B.

thanks

Glad your volcano is up and running well again. Look at your filter at the bottom of the volcano as well. Mine was yellow and I had 2 new and white ones in the original volcano box.
I tend to hang on to the bags for too long as well. Haha, as recent as yesterday I had to change the balloon cause it had small holes all over.

I'm not sure if I got my bags from amazon or ebay. Amazon is quicker for me as I usually get my orders in 1 day, realise but since I was in no hurry when I ordered them I think I got the original bags from ebay.
You can use oven bags from your local supermarket, if you find some you can cut to length. That would be your cheapest option apart from China via ebay I think.
Oh sorry, mate, I realise now you've got the easy valve. I've got the solid valve and then you can use oven bags from the supermarket, not sure about easy valves. Solid valve is cheaper in the long run for sure. Really easy to change the bags, too.

I've made 3 foot bags, and I hated them! You have to hold the bag while filling it, otherwise it falls over. Very tiresome...
Once filled, it's also a hassle to use the longer balloon. It gets in the way everywhere.
2 foot bags are perfect!

Some guy on youtube vapes a 9m bag, or something like that. That'll give your lungs a good test.

Great thanks for advice Ill stick with 2 ft then.
Wow 9 ft what a show off......
Ive been vaping at about 175, 179 and 183, and getting high. These were Sativas

Then I got some bud which I needed to rack up the temp to 195, 200, 205 these were Indica
Also after having satvas for a couple of months when I tried the indica it felt like I wasnt high! (dont forget Im in UK so the difference in our bud can vary quite a bit)

Have you ever know this as to have quite a difference between temps with a different bud?

If you use the same amount of weed and the THC content is lower, you need a higher setting to feel as much as you would on a lower setting with stronger weed. Also, dryer bud and more finely ground makes the vape stronger.
Don't know about difference between Sativa and Indica

At the moment I can actively see the vapour in the 1st 2 bags then theres no vapour to see but bag still fills. Is this normal?.
I'm sure with the bud I've had previously I can see vapour still after 3/4 bags?
Or am I stoned and paranoid lol

Yes, I always see vapour. If you don't see any vape in there you shouldn't inhale it.
It gets a bit dry when vaping at the hotter temps.

How much do you load?
How finely do you grind?

I grind very finely and fill half chamber but after 3 bags I can't see the vape.
But this has only just started on my last 2 different buds.
Where always before I use to vape at 175 178 180
Last 2 months my experience has changed some what? Is this the bud or the vaporizer or the temp settings?
After some research I found that you can set temp up to 210 without burning the bud.so I'm confused really why I can't see vapour???

I cleaned up my easy valve yesterday plus the fresh new bag and I had a great session last night with the temp back down to 175 starting off then 180 190 finishing on 200 I had a nice mix of light to dense vapour which gave me a lovely taste. So my hurb isn't that bad after all. It was user error

Thanks
nickeluring :goodjob:

Ive just changed the bag had a clean round (although I do clean it regularly) and my bag filled in 52 seconds 1st go and 48 the next! Sorted thanks for the help.

Ive just used my last bag so unconsiously I was hanging on as long as I could and lost my way :p before having to phurchase a need set.

Where is best to buy the bags Ive looked and not sure just to buy easy valve replacement ebay but cheap ones are from China. Yes the quality wont be as good I know but their half price, worth a gamble? or stop been tight and pay £50 plus postage for 6 bags from S&B.

thanks
For what it’s worth, I have used shopping bags in a pinch in the past

Back
Top Bottom