Transplanting pros and cons

Bfizznasty

Hello fellow cultivators!! I have a quick question.

I am starting my first indoor grow with BC God Bud Fem seeds. As of right now they are 2 weeks in and they are looking healthy and happy! I plan to transplant next week (week 3). I started them in 18 oz red Dixie's and need some advice moving forward. When transplanting should I put into a 2 gallon and then transplant to a 5 gallon before flowering or is it safe to just go right into there final 5 gallon home? I was thinking about doing half of my plants one way and the other half the opposite. Any tips would be greatly appriciated! Also one of these fine ladies will be the mother and I must ask the same question above.

Thanks in advanced!

Most growers will take that middle step and go to 2 gallon pots first.

That will give the roots a better chance of filling the available soil without water-logging, and it also gives you some nice flexibility for timing flowering. They can stay in 2 gallon pots for a long time.

i go from dixie cups to 3 gallon nursery shrub pots, then 2 pots into rubbermaid totes, i always cut the bottom of the cups/pots before intended transplant so im careful not to cut off roots. i feel 1 pot inside of the next is the best transplant method with little to no shock. are you using any root growth products? im using a blend from microbe life hydroponics and it is amazing. they might still offer free samples check it out, tell em i sent you. they might give me a discount lmao good luck on the ladys

Just an update folks! I decided to transplant the girls from a cup into a 1 gallon nursery pot. It has been three days and they are still a wonderful healthy green but have not gotten much taller. They are just starting onto week 4 and I am still waiting for them to take off. Is it normal to not see a lot of growth for a few days after the transplant?

they dont call it weed for no reason lol honestly i think they look better then mine at that age and now my girls are growing inches everyday, check em out, just bagseed from some fire buds my buddy grows. i have some nutes i got for free samples a few diff. things. best of luck bro ill be stopping by. i also study the bible by jorge cervantes religiously so if you need anything dont be a stranger

Just for an update it has been 5 days since the transplant and the ladies are finally taking off! GB is a fussy strain but with proper care and meticulous nutrient and water regiments they are a beautiful strain. I am almost at four weeks from seed and they look great!

P.S. I cannot figure out how to upload a picture on here for the life of me so I have attached to URL to view the most recent pic.

Just for an update it has been 5 days since the transplant and the ladies are finally taking off! GB is a fussy strain but with proper care and meticulous nutrient and water regiments they are a beautiful strain. I am almost at four weeks from seed and they look great!

P.S. I cannot figure out how to upload a picture on here for the life of me so I have attached to URL to view the most recent pic.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Now you know. Nice healthy looking plants. To prevent your images from showing upside down....open them in a photo editor and rotate/flip them 180 degrees and be sure to save it at that point.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Now you know. Nice healthy looking plants. To prevent your images from showing upside down....open them in a photo editor and rotate/flip them 180 degrees and be sure to save it at that point.

Thank you very much for this reply. Very Helpful! Apparently taking pictures with an Iphone can be a little screwy :) You must flip your phone in the correct position for a pic to upload right side up!

IMG_142320.JPG

Back
Top Bottom