1st Grow - Day 15 and plants seem small?

BBD32

This is my first time attempting an indoor grow and need a little input. All are 15 days old except 1 that is only 11 days old. All were started from a feminized seed.

Pro4 Soilless mix, 6.0ph, temp: 73-78, t5 ho 6500k, watering every 2-3 days, plants are kept 2"-4" from light. Mostly in 6" pots (2 in solo cups). 12 plants: 2x Northern Lights, 2x LSD, 1x Super Silver Haze, 1x Blue Cheese, 2x Super Lemon Haze, 4x Pineapple Chunk.

Plants are still between 3"-4" tall. Just seeing if this is normal. Seems like they should be taller by now. I have kept the lights on 24hrs but am considering going to 18.

A few are a little funky from the seed not falling off the leaves right away.

What do you think? Falling behind schedule?

IMG_20150318_125400804_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150318_125406071.jpg
IMG_20150318_125411088_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150318_125417696.jpg
IMG_20150318_124645099_HDR.jpg

Re: 1st Grow... Day 15 and plants seem small???

Hmm... I was under the impression that the t5 was perfect for seedlings, but I could be wrong. Only thing I can think of is to raise the light to allow for some minor stretching. Maybe that will allow more room for other nodes to form

They could be bigger.....if you have your lights close enough to them, is it possible that you are giving too much water for this stage of development? You don't say what your watering regimen is and or whether you have given any root stimulants or nutes yet. One of the commonest newb mistakes is over watering and over feeding. Cannabis benefits from proper dry and wet cycles. Allowing the soil to dry out properly between waterings encourages vigorous root growth which means vigorous vegetative growth

Happy growing :thumb:

Sorry about the lack of info. The first week I watered once then only with a spray bottle. Now I'm watering every 2-3 days depending on the weight and feel of soil. I have given them 2 doses at quarter strength of root 66, and 1 quarter dose of nutes.

Sorry about the lack of info. The first week I watered once then only with a spray bottle. Now I'm watering every 2-3 days depending on the weight and feel of soil. I have given them 2 doses at quarter strength of root 66, and 1 quarter dose of nutes.

No worries BBD. My two AutoMazars (days 11 & 12) currently under grow lights have only ever been watered twice. The soil mix I am using is already well nourished, I never feed my canna plants until after 21 days when I am certain the soil mix is drained of nutes. I water only with root stimulant in the first 3 weeks.

I can't tell you what is wrong with them, but I would back off on the watering, the big pots are the same size as what I have my AM's in and watering every 2-3 days seems excessive.

I hope a more experienced grower will chime in, but my hunch is you're overdoing water and nutes for their age.....

The cotyledons haven't fallen off yet. I was under the impression they were seedlings until then. However, again being new I could be completely wrong.

The cotyledons haven't fallen off yet. I was under the impression they were seedlings until then. However, again being new I could be completely wrong.

Hello again BBD.

I wouldn't get hung up on whether they are still seedlings or not. Here's an analogy for you - when one has a baby (us ladies anyway) you are given guidelines on how much baby formula you should feed the baby at various developmental stages. If however your baby was born prematurely and is sickly and weighs less than the average baby, then one would ignore the rules and regulations and look to what that one individual baby is responding to and able to cope with.

The first rule of all gardening is observe what your plant is doing and respond accordingly. Trying to follow guidelines that clearly don't apply to ones plants and situation will usually end in tears....

Your plants are still small and clearly unhappy with something you are doing or not doing try and figure out what it is. Remember to make only one change at a time so you can eliminate what the real problem is.

:grinjoint: good luck

Re: 1st Grow... Day 15 and plants seem small?

Thanks bapple... May have figured out the issue though, my electronic hygrometer seems to be broken. It was reading 68% since day 1. The new one just put in says 31%.

Could the low humidity have been the issue?

Thanks bapple... May have figured out the issue though, my electronic hygrometer seems to be broken. It was reading 68% since day 1. The new one just put in says 31%.

Could the low humidity have been the issue?

Absolutely! and explains why soil may have been drying quickly causing you to water often.

20150321_160718.jpg
20150321_160646.jpg

my first grow day 20 for bigger and about 14 for smaller. Under cfls 500+watts, ocean forest soil and water. Added nutes and it didnt do anything but harm!!

And my humidty hasnt been over 30, avg is like 24. I cant get it up, with a small humidifier in the tent. I have to water much more often

Is that 20 days from when you started germinating or from when they sprouted?

Well I decided to double check my pH level ( I know I should check every time I water, but I didn't). And it wasn't good. Been watering my plants with a pH of 8.1. I flushed them with balanced water and will see how things go in the next few days.

Well so far they seem to be reacting well... I planned the seeds exactly 3 weeks ago today. Very small but seem to be recovering, I think anyways
IMG_20150324_124711421_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150324_124718701_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150324_124726681.jpg
IMG_20150324_124731741_HDR.jpg

Yup and thanks a bunch. I started double checking everything and am hoping I got everything set now

Let the soil dry and dont spray the leaves with water. Once the soil drys water very little the plants are small and dont need alot. If you water and the soil isnt dry in 2 days your watering to much. This is a super lemon haze 4 weeks from seed with t5 light and light water. Look at soil its dry and fluffy. Sorry for sideways picture.
IMG_019038.JPG

Back
Top Bottom