help LST'ing these plants. too bushy and small?

Happyjoy

hey everyone. i need some guidance in LST'ing my plants.
bascially i have a durban poison, maui waui, and medi haze in a smallsh sized room. theyre all sativa dom strains and known for stretching. height of room is 5 feet, but im using LED's so that takes out about a foot. and the pots takes out about another foot. so im left with 3 feet total of plant size.

i have a durban and maui waui that are 5 weeks into veg.
and a CBD medi haze 4 weeks into veg.

i topped them all 1 week ago.
the medi haze is responding exactly like i see in the pics. its stretching out and becoming symetrical.

however the durban poison, and maui waui are becomeing really bushy and rounded with all these new growths being cramped undeneath and hidden under the outside leaves.

i thought that i would wait till all the branches of new growths become long enough to tie down. so it looks like that might work with the medi haze.

but with the durban poison and maui waui, it just doesnt seem to be happening.

should i do the LST method of gently tying down the plant from the main stem, so that all the new growths will start growing upwards towards the light?
ive seen people do that too, instead of letting the main stem grow straight, and tying down the stems of the new growths.
any opinions?

heres some pics:
MEDI HAZE (4 weeks into veg, 1 week after topping) (about 5.5 inches tall)
medi_Haze.JPG

MAUI WAUI (5 weeks into veg, 1 week after topping) (about 5 inches tall)
maui_waui1.JPG

DURBAN POISON (5 weeks veg, 1 week after topping) (about 5 inches tall)
durban_twisting_leaves.JPG

THNKS!!!!!!

What kind of LED are you using? model? wattage? And how far is it from the plants?

When I LST, I usually try to wait until I have about eh 3-4" of branch length. I have tried before that, and found it was too easy to pull too much and break a branch right off.

I also don't tie down my main stem. I let that stay vertical, and I only train the branches. With the proper light distance, it'll minimize stretching during Veg, and keep your nodes all decently close together.

hey antics. ur always eager to help. thnks!

about the lights. ive actually been vegging under CFL (4x28W) this whole time up untill a few days ago.

the led is a marsHYDRO 96x3. actual draw is between 180-200W. its currently 24" from plants as its only the second day since its been installed. ill be moving it down to 20" soon.

im assuming that things should be picking up much faster now hopefully since i repotted to bigger pots and put in the LED this week.

so i shouldnt be tying the durban and maui vertical from the main stem already, so that all their grow spots will get light and start growing out? things are just so compact right now. whereas the medi haze seems so nice and shaped perfect. the durban and maui seem to have so much happeneing in such a small space.

Dude no problem, I'm always happy to help with anything I can.

The CFLs were great, I love them for Veg, they're real easy to use.

You sound good with the medi haze, but seem concerned with maui and durban.

Right now your light height is solid, 20-24" normally, and some strains even like the light as close as 18" in Veg from what I've seen so far.

The only advice I can really give you, is to make sure you don't over water the durban and maui. I'd actually give them a little less then the haze so their roots grow a ton more, and that should boost growth in a short time.

Nutty has some good pics too. The LST always starts a bit slow at first while the root systems mature, but when they start pulling in water and nutes, the growth is going to be explosive.

Nice light choice too :thumb:

But.. other than that, there's really nothing else I can tell you. Everything about your grow seems solid man. I think you might just be worried, when there's no need to be. Strains all grow a little different :)

Back
Top Bottom