Seedlings a few weeks old starting to show signs of something - Looking for support

kristas08

Hey friends! I'm looking for some advice as far as how to diagnose what is going on with these babies. Everything was going great for the first couple weeks but in the last 5-6 days I've started to notice some issues. Basically I have 2 older seedlings that seem to be doing really well which were just transplanted a few days ago but then I have 2 younger ones and one that just got true leaves. Especially on the two younger ones I've started to see some lightening of the older leaves and now they seem to be yellowing. The baby baby has been struggling since it popped up and now looks curled up and like the cotyledons are yellowing(I know that part is normal at least but the plant itself doesn't seem to be healthy.) I was originally thinking I overwatered the youngest one but I gave the soil like 3 days to dry out and it hasn't stopped drooping or curling. I have also notice slowed growth in all but the oldest two plants. Just so you have some background info, I have been watering every 2-3 days(I know the soil looks super moist in the pics but that's because they were recently watered) with distilled water and hardly any nutes. I really think I've built some great soil for these babies to be transplanted into so I've been trying to keep the nutes to a minimum until I can get them into the amended soil(I used a seedling mix for them while they were young made up of dr. earth's seedling mix, peat moss, EWC, and a little perlite with a layer of washed sand on the top because I had a small issue with fungus gnats). They were in a heated propagator for a while but now all the heat is off and they're just under a t5. I plan on putting them under my dimmable 1000w de after they're transplanted but I'm also wondering if maybe I should start them under it now? Anywho they have only ever been given Superthrive once(twice for the older ones I just transplanted - trying to help transplant shock) and General Organics Root Booster once about a week ago. I have been hesitant to use anything else until I find out what is going on but I currently have the GO line of Root, Thrive and Bud and then I also have some seaweed extract I planned on using soon and some molasses for later.

The only two things I could come up with was that maybe they're nitrogen deficient or rootbound? I just thought it was a little early in their life for them to be afflicted with a nitrogen deficiency. They are however in some pretty small containers and I do plan on transplanting ASAP but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't stress them further if it was some kind of nutrient deficiency. I included pictures of the sick ones and then the last two are my older ones that are doing alright just so you guys can see the difference. Any ideas or discussion is much appreciated. Thanks guys!:thanks:
257g19l.jpg

2e0r77r.jpg

o8zz1h.jpg

sf84kj.jpg

157gh2a.jpg

2iuqb84.jpg

206d2r9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom