Ph too high? Please help

Loggerjoe1

Ok guys and gals this is my second grow and i think im having some ph problems. I am growing white widow and purple kush in a 50/50 mix of verma fire and verma soil.

So the 2 days ago i noticed the leaves looked leathery and started twisting. Yesterday i went and got a ph tester and noticed that my ph was at 8.5 ish. I couldnt afford a ph pen so i got a die kit . Anyways the local grow shop reccomended some ph down and to flush the plants with some balenced water. I have never had these ph problems or with my other grows. I am and have used tap water before but i am wondering if an over foiler feed can cause this? I just started foiler feeding a week ago and i think i got carried away i was misting the plants 2-3 times a day and thats when i noticed the ph problem. Anyways i know that the leaves will bever correct themselves but am i on the right track to fixing the problem? Should i flush them again or should i leave it alone. After flushing them last night i checked this am and they dont look any worse but i am still looking for a better or more proven way to fix this. I will not be able to afford a pen for a week or so amy help would be appreciated
20161208_211406.jpg
20161208_105458.jpg
20161208_105412.jpg

Looks like to much nitrogen to me. Most likely from over feeding.

I run Hydro now and have not played around in the dirt for a long time. But maybe a dirt guy will stop by soon to help.

Make sure you are setting the tap water out for 24hr before watering so the ph of it will come down.

Most comes out of the tap between 8to9ph and should go down to about 7.

I would flush with plain water that has been set out and do not feed it for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom