How long in vegging

I dont think so ...like most living things it needs to rest a little ...i know ppl say ya can keep the light on 24/7 but in the wild n left to nature they would be getting a min amount of twilight so in my opinion(..im a newbie mind n no nowt)..id put them to bed for atleast 6 hrs give them time to chill out abit so to speak.

I dont think so ...like most living things it needs to rest a little ...i know ppl say ya can keep the light on 24/7 but in the wild n left to nature they would be getting a min amount of twilight so in my opinion(..im a newbie mind n no nowt)..id put them to bed for atleast 6 hrs give them time to chill out abit so to speak.

Hi! :) I new you were from UK when I read nowt. I am a newbie too :):peace:

How long can I keep my plants in the veg stage with 24 hour lighting? Will that maximize my plant's height?
You can veg a plant for aslong as you want to really. it will continue to get taller and taller. the question is..will you have enough light to flower a huge plant decently after it gets super big? That will be a no with floros unless you have tons of them including tons on the sides for side lighting. Floros provide very little penetration and light loss is extreme with distance.

You can veg a plant for aslong as you want to really. it will continue to get taller and taller. the question is..will you have enough light to flower a huge plant decently after it gets super big? That will be a no with floros unless you have tons of them including tons on the sides for side lighting. Floros provide very little penetration and light loss is extreme with distance.

Right now they are under a 400watt hps system. How tall do you think I can get the plants with this system?

Ide say flower before 2 ft. Plants will still grow drastically in the flowering cycle. They can double in size, my first grow did. Suprised the hell outa me. Tis will let you choose if you want to super crop your plants to controll height and bushyness. This will sae you space and focus on the buds that will be growing not too many witht the same nutes and TLC in theory will produce the same ammount as a bigger plant with more buds but smaller buds.......... right? or am i too stoned and dont make sense

What is your maximum area you have: Like Racefan said you can veg them a long time>do you have the proper area to bud them in?
even to maximize you veg height out that may take away from the buds inside, not utilizing your best allowable grow time>

Space is crutial when growing. WOW that last post i made was messed up. Sry everyone, im a lil out there. 24/7 veging is okay but i see the same results in my plants with 18/6 and you save energy. Plants need darkness too. You could try what you want but remember to move your lights so you dont burn your plants or stretch them either.

Back
Top Bottom