Growing from clones

once i plant rooted clones will 3 weeks be enough for veg stage

3 weeks of vegetative growth is usually fine. However its really up to you. I don't usually count veg time in weeks. I go to flower when my plants reach a certain height/density.

what is ur method if u can tell me of course i will do it like u since ur the exp. one ill follow ur instrutions to the t

what is ur method if u can tell me of course i will do it like u since ur the exp. one ill follow ur instrutions to the t

My current clone grow...

11-15 I cut the clones from the mom's about 3 weeks into flower. The clones had tiny new buds on them. Flowering cones also tend to make for bushier plants. I keep the clones under TT55 fluoro's.

12-1 transplanted the best of the clones and trashed the rest. They had roots but very little veg growth at this time. Now under T5 fluoro

12-9 Clones showing new growth. Topped the clones and started LSTing them. ( I like short main stalks with tons of lateral growth. I like my plants bushy).

1-1 into flower. Any new branch that heads up toward the light I tie down and force the growth hormones to lateral branches. I'll put current pics of them in my journal in a few.

Check it out here: My journal Clones start on page 7.

will i have to top/prune them ur can i just feed them and let them grow i read that the strain im using is bushing how will i get my best yield

will i have to top/prune them ur can i just feed them and let them grow i read that the strain im using is bushing how will i get my best yield

you don't have to top or prune but I would LST them.

is there a illustration somewhere so i can get a idea

When the branches grow up or perpendicular to the ground tie them over so they are parallel to the ground. When branches grow up off those tie them down too. This forces more lateral bushy growth rather than tall skinny plants.

I use twine and binder clips. I attach the binder clips to the side of the buckets. I use one big loop as to not have the branch grow to thick for the old knot. I will cut the branch if that happens.

A few hours after doing it you will see the leaves turn towards the light. In a day or 2 you will see new younger branches growing up towards the light. Heres some pics.

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_20441.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_21801.JPG

I do it until it stops the stretch in flower. What I try to accomplish during flower is to keep the canopy open and even. This way i get the best light penetration into the plant. Lumens decrease exponentially the further away from the light you get. So keeping the bud sites on a even plane will give you the best uniform yield. IMO

Great post McBudz :slide: I just cut some clones and wanted to refresh my memory a little and you helped out quite a bit :slide: Great thread to read people :nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom