Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lower leaves turning yellow and dying

Lower leaves turning yellow and dying

My both plant's lower leaves are slowly turning yellow and ultimately dying. The top ones are doing fine. What could cause this?
    dubstep fo lyfe

Re: Lower leaves turning yellow and dying

maybe a nitrogen deficiency
    Music is the universal joint so take a hit

Mine are doing the same but they are the very first leafs that sprouted not the real leafs but the round looking ones at the very bottom could be those and if so i wouldnt worry maybe taking a pic can help us see better

those little round ones are the cotyledons that sprout out of the seed first, and they are expected to turn that color, they have no function in later growth.

as far as the old growth dying and the new growth looking good, that does sound like a nitrogen def. pics would help, but what kind of nutes are you using? what kind of soil is it? throw out some more details and we can try to help!!

hazyatbest thank you for the information i learned a new word and new info on mj +rep

Im using Bio Bizz nutes and potting soil. I dont think its nitrogen def. New growth looks good, just tiny nute burns. Bottom sunleaves have turned yellow too and they also have brown spots on them. Ultimately they turn crisp and come off easily. I think it might be potassium defiency(?), so I gave them some extra bloom nutes.
    dubstep fo lyfe

check out this link guys. you really have to read through the whole thing at least once to know everything thats in there, but at least bookmark it so you have it when you need it.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

I've given 'em extra bloom nutes for almost week now but the bottom yellow leaves are still dying and falling off. Someone help please
    dubstep fo lyfe

can you take a pic? and some of the bottom leaves will die and fall off i just take them out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30hz View Post
    I've given 'em extra bloom nutes for almost week now but the bottom yellow leaves are still dying and falling off. Someone help please
    What PPM are you feeding them at? Not enough nutes will cause a plant to show nutrient deficiency. Once a leaf is damaged it rarely improves with treatment. most use new growth to judge if treatment is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan View Post
    What PPM are you feeding them at? Not enough nutes will cause a plant to show nutrient deficiency. Once a leaf is damaged it rarely improves with treatment. most use new growth to judge if treatment is working.
    Theres 2 40cm tall plants, 2 gal of soil each. Feeding them both 1,25ml of Bio Bloom, 0,5ml of Alg-a-mic and 0,5ml of Top Max every other day with 0,5l of water. The top shows just a slight nute burn and the lowest leaves are getting black spots and going dry and ultimately fall off.

I tried to take pic but it sucked, gotta wait for few days for my camera.
    dubstep fo lyfe

Some of my leaves are yellowing. Some are yellowing and almost all are drooping.

These pix were taken on day 15 of growth. I realize my poor choice of using MG as a growing medium is causing the burn.

But I am transplanting them to Fox Farm this week and I hope I can save some of them. The base stems seem strong overall...

I have more than enough light...they are getting the purest water I can find. Does anyone think these ladies can be saved ?

Yea once you transplant em you could save a few, if not all. The longer you leave em in the MG soil the worse its going to get.

Would you recomend I remove (CAREFULLY) all the MG soil during the transplant ?

Yea just make sure not to damage the root ball. Be very gentle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast