Best light for veg

You want to use 6500k lighting for veg, 2700k for flower. These k, or kelvin ratings are printed on the box. 6500k=more blue spectrum light. 2700k=more red spectrum light.

you can also go by lumens Bird [VEG- Bright White>@ least 3500L per plant FLW- Warm White>@ least 6000L per plant (get a HPS from EBAY>HTGSUPPLY, they're alot better! ;D)

you can also go by lumens Bird [VEG- Bright White>@ least 3500L per plant FLW- Warm White>@ least 6000L per plant (get a HPS from EBAY>HTGSUPPLY, they're alot better! ;D)

Actually, lumens is a measure of intensity, not the sprectum or wave length. Degrees kelvin is what measures the wave length. Photsynthsis occurs with more blue light, or a higher degree kelvin. Of course more lumens is a good thing also because the more light the plant gets, the more it will produce the sugars that make it grow bigger and better. But a light source that, say, produces only the red spectrum will not make a plant grow better than a light source that produces only the blue spectrum, even if the red light has triple the lumens than the blue light does

CFL/Lumen wise during veg is what usually works best IMHO & a HPS is a better light source when it comes to the flowering stages.

CFL/Lumen wise during veg is what usually works best IMHO & a HPS is a better light source when it comes to the flowering stages.
This doesn't make sense. Yes the HPS is a good chocie for flower but when we talk about the opposite (veg) we usually mention MH (metal halide) or blue light.
With lumens...You want to use the most lumens possible no matter what cycle your in. Not just veg.

When I say LUMEN WISE, i meant lumens is the most helpful info for ME. Yes i know the more lumens the better it is. I don't know much all bout the whole red/blue spectrum thing thats why I usually just go by the LUMENS. Just SAYING WHAT I READ ABOUT THE LUMENS IS MORE HELPFUL BEFORE I CHOOSE A LIGHT SOURCE... Make sense or still no?

Best light for veg is deff. CFL
I dont like MH in veg its hot and to strong for young plants...
it would be best if you can use cfl cool daylight 6500k 865 in first few weeks then switch ti MH and then in flowering HPS ...but thats to much so ....the best is to find whats good for your setup ...its on you to decide and try and then you'll know what works for you !

When I say LUMEN WISE, i meant lumens is the most helpful info for ME. Yes i know the more lumens the better it is. I don't know much all bout the whole red/blue spectrum thing thats why I usually just go by the LUMENS. Just SAYING WHAT I READ ABOUT THE LUMENS IS MORE HELPFUL BEFORE I CHOOSE A LIGHT SOURCE... Make sense or still no?

i kinda understand what ur saying but ummm if you dont kno much about the red/blue you should just read up

What Do All of Those Lighting Terms Mean?

PAR for Plants - Lumens for Humans

and RF is actually a pretty smart dude, not to mention he's grow support, so he was just tryna help you out. Jus take a pull and listen, ull learn somethin :rollit::peace:

im using a 200 watt 5000k cfl and a 150 watt 6500k with wing reflectors. and 2 40 watt
fluorescent 4' tubes 6500k, and 5 clamp reflectors w/ a 42 watt 5000k, and 4 32watt 6500k. a total of 600 watts. my closet is 4' by 3' by 7'. i use a propane torch to supply c02. i have 7 plants between 7 and 11 inches. is 3 months a good veg. time period or less? im doing 20/4 for light. 4 plants are in 3 gallon buckets and 3 are still in good size pots.they are really thick and bushy. basically what im asking is whats a good veg time?
open to info on nutes also. i started these plants the first week in april.

im doing 24/0i got 5 plants around 8 to 13'' but i have 10 seedling(female)waiting to sprout. i also have 10 bagseeds waiting to sprout.
the plants i have are strong and very bushy.
should i start to flower the plants or go to 18/6 first before flowering? or just do 12 and 12 to sex them and get the males out of here.

im doing 24/0i got 5 plants around 8 to 13'' but i have 10 seedling(female)waiting to sprout. i also have 10 bagseeds waiting to sprout.
the plants i have are strong and very bushy.
should i start to flower the plants or go to 18/6 first before flowering? or just do 12 and 12 to sex them and get the males out of here.

Not enough info to answer your qyuestion, this might help a little, most plants will double or more in height when switched to flower so the question back is how much space do you have. The other consideration is the amount of light you have, even if you are geowing in a warehouse, if you don't have really strong lights, they won't pentrate down to the lower part of the plant.\
Taking the above into account, I say veg as long as you can because you will end up with more buds

ive got approx. 20000 lumuns but i have a closet for growing.all fluorescent.
i was going down the cellar in the summer because of the cool temp down there. its like 68 degrees in the summer. i will buid a flowering room and use hps. it'll be too hot for that in my closet upstairs.i should be able to afford a 400watt or 600watt hps and ventilation fans by the end of next month.
i plan on veg as long as i can at least another month for a total of 3 months veg time.seedling started sprouting today(fem seeds). :yummy::cool:

Back
Top Bottom