420 Magazine Blog Q & A

Hello, and if you have arrived here you probably have some questions on starting your own Blog here on 420 magazine. I enjoy this feature of the website, but there can be questions that come up as you use it that you can't find a help tab for to explain it.

I am going to start it with one of my own.

I want to create several Blogs for different subjects here.

I am told by a moderator that it is a fact that a member can have more than one blog here.

For anyone here who already has a Blog in place, I would like to know if you have the option of creating more than one separate blog?

I'm told you do the following process to create a new one:

Click on the tabs as follows: Forums>Blogs>Create New Post. This is supposed to give some kind of option to start a new blog. Mine does not. All it does is take me to my own blog to create the post with no options to create a new one.
I have verified this with another member here who has a blog in place.

Can anyone (regular members, not moderators who may have different settings/choices possibly) tell me if they have an option to create new blogs when you have one already in existence? And if you do, how did you get there and can you post a picture of the page where the choice is if possible?

Thank you!

I have another question that I will be posting shortly in regards to deleting an entry.

Next question:

"Inline mod" tab is on the blogs above the posts. What is it for, is it supposed to be active choices to the blog creator?
I, along with other members, am not able to select any of the choices you see in the drop down box in the 2nd pic below:

inline_mod_tab.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

inline_mod_tab_2.jpg

:thanks:

Final Blog question for today: DELETION OF A BLOG ENTRY

Step by step please, because I can find no options on my blog to delete an entry.

I am VERY familiar with using the little pencil Icon to edit my entries. What I want to know is how to DELETE an entire entry. Delete.... it shows no more on my entries......gone....vanished...no trace...no sign of existence. LOL
Moderators can do this, I want to know how a member can do it on their own blog without a moderator assistance.

Thanks so much! This particular question has plagued me for a couple of years.

Every member has a Weblog aka blog. Like a "Captains log" on the web.

This is your journey, this is your Web Log. One member, one journey, one blog.

All blog entries are under your own Username, so each new blog is a subsection of your main blog.

Each "new post" is a "new blog" with a new title. Really, it's a new "Sub-blog".

A reply to a sub-blog begins a thread in that sub-blog.

Once upon a time, all members had full editing powers over their Weblogs, including the deletion thereof.

The blog system was used as a way of cataloging one's grow or project in an easily accessible format.

One popular member in particular did not like the "chitter chatter" of the public forums and wanted more control over who could ask him questions, so he migrated all of his grows and tutorials on the site to the blog section. His journal became a list of links to various blog entries. This was fine until he decided to leave 420 Magazine and self-deleted all of his own blogs before leaving.

We strive to preserve the information posted here, to help new growers and patients find the help they need in the future. This act was shocking and forced our hand so that it could never happen again.

We also have an FAQ on blogs here - Blogs - FAQ :Namaste:

Hey DankWolf,
They may very well be researching and testing out these things that are being asked. I haven't heard back from David on the questions yet, with the holidays and all they are probably quite busy back there.
I just figure in the meantime, maybe someone else who uses these blogs on a regular basis will know the answers.
I have some things I want to get up and running on a new blog as soon as this is worked out.

I'm going to check to see if I have that moderation tab at the bottom right now! It wasn't there before, I scanned those pages with a magnifier. LOL

YEY! I found a "moderation" tab at the bottom of the page....however.... I can't moderate an entry because it says "no blog entries selected". So, it appears to me that we have to use the "Inline Mod" tab to select the entries, then go down to "moderation" to delete them as we choose. (I would imagine some kind of check box would be there beside each entry selected?)

This would be great, if the "Inline Mod" tab worked for Blog entries. It doesn't at that level.
Where is does work is if you go to an actual entry and use it to edit any comments left. There you can click on it and choose from the options in the drop down box.

Every member has a Weblog aka blog. Like a "Captains log" on the web.

This is your journey, this is your Web Log. One member, one journey, one blog.

All blog entries are under your own Username, so each new blog is a subsection of your main blog.

Each "new post" is a "new blog" with a new title. Really, it's a new "Sub-blog".

A reply to a sub-blog begins a thread in that sub-blog.

Once upon a time, all members had full editing powers over their Weblogs, including the deletion thereof.

The blog system was used as a way of cataloging one's grow or project in an easily accessible format.

One popular member in particular did not like the "chitter chatter" of the public forums and wanted more control over who could ask him questions, so he migrated all of his grows and tutorials on the site to the blog section. His journal became a list of links to various blog entries. This was fine until he decided to leave 420 Magazine and self-deleted all of his own blogs before leaving.

We strive to preserve the information posted here, to help new growers and patients find the help they need in the future. This act was shocking and forced our hand so that it could never happen again.

We also have an FAQ on blogs here - Blogs - FAQ :Namaste:

Thanks Rico. I was looking for that link. Five minutes into my wandering I found this post. :high-five: How unfortunate that one member could be so thoughtless. :straightface: Back to my studies.

I'm not surprised to find out you're Santa, or are you just filling in? :laughtwo:

Thanks for the link on the FAQ Richard R.
And for the explanation you gave on why certain things can't be done, at least now I know it can't be done by a regular member.
The reasoning is sound.

With those two main things out of the way, the sub blog and the deletion question, I now have a pretty good understanding of the rest of the blog features by using them this past year. If you need any help Sue, just let me know. ;-)

:thanks:

Thank you Canna. I still sometimes feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark. It's time to get serious spa out the blog again, now that the babies are all in their pots.

You can count on me calling on you. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom