Photos - Original only vs Medium, linked to original.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

From my experience, the options in this thread's title are the two most common photo options in use in user journals.

"Original" seems to be misnamed. It's really "Large", as it's resized to fit within the fixed maximum size of the (viewport?, the active part of the page excluding the background, forgive me for not looking up the proper terminology.)

Medium, linked to original gives you a link to the actual original photo in it's own page, making it incredibly easy to view the full image without having to go through the gallery first via multiple clicks, or for those of us that use a "hover zoom" browser extension. Unfortunately since the medium image only fills something like 60% of the width, it's less impressive than using "Original".

What I really want is "Original (really "Large"), linked to original".

Maybe I'm missing something?

:)

Hi arteekay :ciao:

A link can be added to any image, simply by adding a "url=" code, with the image instead of text. For a Large image, linking to a large image, use no extra name (Thumbs/medium)

Eg:
[noparse][/noparse]

Which is this original image, linking to the original (Larger?) Image.

It is basically the same URL (Web Address) twice. One as a link (url) and once as an image (img)

[noparse][/noparse]

:Namaste:

What I really want is "Original (really "Large"), linked to original".

Back
Top Bottom