Journaling Etiquette

Someone really needs to start a thread on journalling etiquette,

No one was born knowing how to write a journal,

Writing a journal can be a very rewarding experience,, for one, one is writing,, writing means thinking, thinking is good, and fun. Not only is one writing, by posting it on this site, one is publishing as well,, putting it out there for the world to read, to see and to learn from. Very rewarding indeed.

Folks write things usually only for one thing,, for other folks to read

If that is the intention then one needs to write a journal that is engaging,, folks are not 'obligated' to read anything,, not here, not there, not anywhere. Some folks might assume otherwise, because it is posted on this site, that it will be read, and most importantly, be replied to

I have been perusing several new journals lately, to help out if I can, and i have noticed a few things that I might point out to new perspective journalists. Yes, journalists,, what else could one who is writing a journal be called?

First,, too many pictures,, i am seeing picture, reams and rolls of them, all of the same thing,, some i see I am sure every bud on the two week in flower plant is pictured,, they really all do look the same, really

Paragraphs that go on and on and on,, no breaks, no periods, no commas, no Structure,,.. Not gonna read that, too hard on my eyes

If one is seeking input from others in ones journal, and one does get some input from others in ones journal, then maybe one could acknowledge that input with a comment to the inputter, there are those all important 'like' and ' thank ' buttons down there. Think about this,, we all journal for the same reasons, nearly,, so if you are wanting replies to your comments, chances are the one replying is wanting replies to their comments as well.

This one an absolute journal killer,, complaining, or whining about not getting any participation from others in ones journal. This one sends me straight to the "unsubscribe from this journal" button

This one, least in this case, can not be blamed on sex, colour, religion, country of origin, seed preferences or even if one voted for trump, God forbid,, nope,, the reasons are clear. I have mentioned a few already

One more maybe,, not real serious, because we are all here to learn,, no such thing as a dumb question, agree, however, the number one best thing, imo, about 420magazines website, is all the information one could ever want is right here, no need to ask anything at all really,, just kidding,, just saying that one can find the answer with a bit of research,, learn to navigate this marvelous library of information, one will be greatly rewarded

Please add to the list, or detract, your choice,, cheers

And if you start a journal there won't be much traffic to start with. :straightface: Be patient.

If you want to boost your own journal traffic, you should visit other journals and leave your card - the Like and/or Thank buttons. As Nivek said, this is your way of letting others know that you're following them. They'll check their own Likes, see that you were there, and then check out your journal to see what you're up to.

:thumb:

As someone that likes to read alot of journals I agree on the "too many pics" thing. I understand its akin to being a proud parent for some but do you really like spending time looking of pics of other peoples kids? Sometimes it gets like that.
But to all those that do journal I give a hearty :bravo:
Maybe someday I'll have enough perseverance to do one.:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom