First off I gotta thank Sierra Natural Science Inc.. This product (SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control) was provided by one of our newest sponsors. If you like the smell of rosemary, then you’ll be in heaven. Food grade, 100 % natural and it worked as it stated. I will keep the progress of my garden as it comes along. that is weather the mites show back up or not. Thus far its been cool (don’t,want to jinx myself), no webing since the plants were ALL sprayed using the SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control.
Here’s some product info directly from the home site of Sierra Natural Science Inc Home:
- SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control is made up of 100% pure Rosemary botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.
- SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control
- is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticides exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).
- How It Works
- Spider mites destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and SNS-217™’s unique formula works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the mites.
- The natural salts from fatty acids derived from Rosemary extracts disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from damaged cells and the spider mites quickly die
- Some of the components of SNS-217™ are also absorbed by the plant and then suppress the life cycle of the mites.
- SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control kills the spider mite eggs as well by coating the eggs with a oily shield that disrupts the respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out…..
Check the site out and if you have end up with an infestion of Spider Mites, I strongly recommend it. I’ve been happy with the results. If conditions change and the mites do come back. There will be an update here on this thread. But hey its been a week and all is good. No sign of egss, webs or spots from the mites. It may sound like a commercial, but on the real, it works. No B/S these product reviews go one way or the other. This is just a good example of what happens when a maker of a product(Sierra Natural Science Inc.) can legitimately say they have a product that works. Heres the picts of the webs as I found them:
Please feel free to ask away on any questions about the product or its review. The idea is to get as much feedback from all of you to either approve or diapprove. These reviews are here to be honest and not sway you in anyway. I am here to provide you with my honest opinion and experience using this product. So PLEASE be sure to post your thoughts & experiences.
I will update with photos of that exact plant in another week to show weather the mites have come back or note. I will not treat this plant more then shes already been treated to show true results.
Written by The Butcher, Staff Writer for 420 Magazine