道教 Tao Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Soy Citrus Sauce
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 4 ounces/115 g of tuna, 1-2 tablespoons/15-30 ml of sauce
Yield: 4 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 16 ounces/450 g sushi-grade ahi tuna (1 solid piece 4-6” in diameter)
• 4-6 tablespoons/60-90 ml black and white sesame seeds
• 8 ounces/240 ml lager beer of your preferred type, reduced and added to the sauce
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml toasted sesame oil
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Tincture, reduced to MBO
• ½ cup/120 ml soy sauce
• 4-8 tablespoons/60-120 ml crystallized ginger (about 5-10 pieces)
• 3 tablespoons/45 ml orange blossom honey
• 2-3 tablespoons/30-45 ml prepared wasabi
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml fresh lime juice
• 1 kaffir lime leaf (or 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh lime zest)
• Lager reduction
• Baby cilantro sprigs (or chopped cilantro )
• Pickled Thai red chili slivers (or red jalapeño)
• Lime wedges
1. Rub the sesame seed oil onto the tuna; then coat with black and white sesame seeds. Refrigerate it on a covered plate for 15 minutes.
2. In a large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan set to medium-high, heat MagicalButter Coconut Oil for about 60-90 seconds––just before scorching.
3. Transfer the tuna from the refrigerator into the pan, and sear it on each side for 45-60 seconds.
4. Remove the seared tuna from the pan, and refrigerate it on a covered plate again until you are ready to serve.
5. Add beer to deglaze the pan. Cook until it is reduced by ½, and add it to the sauce.
1. Reduce your MagicalButter Tincture to MBO over low heat in a small, non-stick pan until thick and syrupy in consistency. Add soy, and honey and set it aside.
2. Placed all the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
3. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butter button.
4. Pour the sauce into serving dish.
5. Serve, and enjoy your Tao Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Soy Citrus Sauce!